Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I really want to buy the palm pre or palm pre plus but what is the cheapest price that you could get them for in the UK i know that the pre+ hasn't been released in England yet but how much would it cost to get it imported?
    I don't mind if it is used as long it is in good condition
    EDIT!!!
    I have found many palm pre plueses that can be sent to the UK on ebay.com but many say only for verizon, can these be unlocked.
    And also what does bad ESM mean.
    Thanks.
    Evankwh
    Last edited by evankwh; 05/01/2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: add more info
    ebay
    Palm Pre Plus has been released on Vodaphone in the UK I believe.
    No, it's not available on Vodaphone, but O2 have said it's coming soon.
    The Palm Pre is available from Vodafone in Germany only.

If you want a Pre in the UK you'll need to buy it from the official O2 website/stores or ebay.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    say i imported one of USA Ebay what price should i expect?
    the USA one's will NOT work in the UK! Those are CDMA network phones, and for UK phones, you need GSM phones. The only way you can get a Pre Plus would be off ebay from Germany (but you would get a qwertz keyboard) or wait for it to release in France (where you would have a azerty keyboard).

In the uk, currently, you can get the Pre from any o2 store, or even carphonewarehouse or phones4u shops...but as stated above, the Pre Plus (and Pixi plus) are due to be released very soon on o2.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubristic View Post
    the USA one's will NOT work in the UK! Those are CDMA network phones, and for UK phones, you need GSM phones. The only way you can get a Pre Plus would be off ebay from Germany (but you would get a qwertz keyboard) or wait for it to release in France (where you would have a azerty keyboard).

In the uk, currently, you can get the Pre from any o2 store, or even carphonewarehouse or phones4u shops...but as stated above, the Pre Plus (and Pixi plus) are due to be released very soon on o2.
    OMG THAT SUCKS SO BAD i really want one except i can't get one (except with dodgy keybord)
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evankwh View Post
    OMG THAT SUCKS SO BAD i really want one except i can't get one (except with dodgy keybord)
    Would there be anything i can do to one bought of Ebay USA to make it work in England?
    Quote Originally Posted by evankwh View Post
    Would there be anything i can do to one bought of Ebay USA to make it work in England?
    Nope, GSM is completely different technology to CDMA - you'd have to rebuild the handset with different parts.

You'll have to wait like the rest of us I'm afraid - O2 should be announcing it in the next month or two.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Nope, GSM is completely different technology to CDMA - you'd have to rebuild the handset with different parts.

You'll have to wait like the rest of us I'm afraid - O2 should be announcing it in the next month or two.
    Probebley only on contract and for a way to high price escpecially compared to the ones on Ebay they so cheap.
    Might as well just get the palm pre...
    Sucks huh I am not impressed with how O2 has handled the Pre. They've managed to screw over Palm & their customers all in one fell swoop.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Sucks huh I am not impressed with how O2 has handled the Pre. They've managed to screw over Palm & their customers all in one fell swoop.
    would i be better of just buying pre or waiting for the pre+?
    Wait for the Pre+ dude. itll be out b4 u know it.
    I was listening to the CNET UK Crave Podcast from May 13th and Flora Graham, their mobile phone expert, was asking if people were switching from QWERTY keyboards to touchscreens, or if they were sticking with 12 key phones.

She ran a poll:
    Rise of the Touchscreens -- Is the 12-key mobile phone dead? Touchscreen, Qwerty or alphanumeric -- you decide.

She talked as if there were no such thing as a touch screen phone with a full Qwerty keyboard. I was surprised. They don't have ANY in the UK? I hadn't really thought about it. I guess the Pre is one of only a few phones that do (some of the new Androids have both - Right?)

Anyway, I was just surprised. I hope the UK gets the Pre soon (or the Pre2? I wish). Seems it would be alone with that feature in their market.
  16. Von
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubristic View Post

He can always order an AT&T pre plus, which won't come out until June. But, thats only a month away.
    again, that would only work for calls, and you would just get EDGE data. no 3.5 internet...they have different bands from the US GSM and the European GSM. There is a post in the forums about it...