1.    #1  
    OK, does anyone have the definitive answer to the "charging battery" on and off issue with the touchstone? I am on my second touchstone and third battery door cover, and I am getting sick of going to Verizon. Please help!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    1) Touchstone is quite finnicky about the Pre's position. I'm guessing that 2 chargers and 3 backplates later, that you already know about this.

2) Lesser known is what I heard on the PalmCast: apparently the Touchstone is also quite finnicky about its power source. If in some way your outlet provides "noisy" aka "dirty" power (I'm not making this up), it will cycle the current within the tesla in such a way that your phone bings on and off. The way to test would be to try a different power source. Perhaps the office or a friend's house.

I think there was a patch for addressing this too? Not sure on this last one.
    Palm III --> Palm Zire 71 --> Palm Zire 72 --> Palm Treo 650 --> iPhone --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pre 2 --> HP Pre 3
    It is most likely not the power source, if you are worried about that, take your back cover off, place it on TS and then connect a amp/volt meter to the gold plate on the back cover and you will have a steady reading.
    This works for me so you might want to try, cut 2xinch an half of sellotape, fold each one 4 or 5 times, then take one and sellotape it to the p on the TS, take the other and tape it to the m. Now place your phone on the TS and you should not have any problems. I will take try to get a pic uploaded if you want?
    Quote Originally Posted by eric-kravitz View Post
    OK, does anyone have the definitive answer to the "charging battery" on and off issue with the touchstone? I am on my second touchstone and third battery door cover, and I am getting sick of going to Verizon. Please help!
    When I first got my Touchstone I had the same problem. Then I realized where the phone is supposed to be placed. If you just hold the phone directly over the Touchstone and gently wave it around you should be able to feel the sweet spot where the magnetic field is strongest. Let it guide the phone down. I do this and now I never have a problem.

If you are doing this, and it still doesn't charge right, then I don't know what the problem could be, though a defective phone is always possible.