Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed that when you do a three way call you can not hang up just one call? In order to end the call you have to hang up both parties and then call the person who you wanted to keep on the line. The pre is the only phone I know which does not have an option to hang up on just one caller. Is there a patch or some fix on the way? If you guys can pull this off I will be palm for life!!!!
    I don't think I've ever seen a CDMA phone with that capability, actually. I've had phones in the past that could do this, but they were on AT&T. I've always chalked it up to network capabilities.

I am very interested in being proven wrong, however!
    The title of this thread is misleading
    Only if your mind is in the gutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    The title of this thread is misleading
    tell me about it, I was expecting something so much more interesting. I expected it to start with, well tonight was our aniversery, and my wife dicided to surprise me.... (to far?)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Only if your mind is in the gutter.
    going by your theory: yours would have to be to in order to guess that's what he was talking about.
    Best title ever.
    CDMA limitation (in it's current form). Please do a search. Search is your friend.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I wanna 5 way xD
    in before the '3 way' lock =)
    Just reiterating in case Achill3s' comment get's lost in the sex jokes.

This is a well known and well established limitation of the CDMA network.

You can't have data and voice at the same time, and you can't hang up on just one party of a 3-way call.
    all jokes aside... this is true and it hate it.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Just reiterating in case Achill3s' comment get's lost in the sex jokes.

This is a well known and well established limitation of the CDMA network.

You can't have data and voice at the same time, and you can't hang up on just one party of a 3-way call.
    Just to add to this......you just haven't seen/heard it before because the Pre is the first phone actually showing this to you.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Wow. Lol
    Ohhh Ohhh, i thought you meant something else. How distant do cousins have to be anyway...like 6th or 7th..or...

What am i saying anyway..i'm a cow.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckinGeek View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a CDMA phone with that capability, actually. I've had phones in the past that could do this, but they were on AT&T. I've always chalked it up to network capabilities.

I am very interested in being proven wrong, however!
    Thats what i thought but blackberry phones and some of the samsung phones have the ability to disconnect one caller at a time. From what I've found this is a palm pre limitation.
    Just curious but if one of the parties hangs up doesn't the call stay connected to the other party? As long as the party hanging up is not the call originator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman1113 View Post
    Just curious but if one of the parties hangs up doesn't the call stay connected to the other party? As long as the party hanging up is not the call originator.
    I believe so yes!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Just to add to this......you just haven't seen/heard it before because the Pre is the first phone actually showing this to you.
    I've seen it on every CDMA phone I've every used, and since I've been with sprint and/or verizon for about 8 years (my god I'm getting old) that's quite a few phones.

Quote Originally Posted by biggynbp View Post
    Thats what i thought but blackberry phones and some of the samsung phones have the ability to disconnect one caller at a time. From what I've found this is a palm pre limitation.
    Failure to read bro. Failure to read. Has nothing to do with the pre. It's CDMA. Try to keep up. A samsung of BB on Sprint will have the same issue. A samsung or BB on AT&T or T-mobile will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman1113 View Post
    You are correct, with one tiny exception. Some manufacturers who have released phones that were only ever available on CDMA networks have done some really stupid things. I had a very inexpensive motorola a number of years ago that wouldn't recognize when one party had hung up. The network still did it's job, allowing one person to disconnect without ending the call for the other two people, but the phone would think they were both still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I wanna 5 way xD
    Here you go:

Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast