Page 1 of 47 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I called and they just said they had no information.

Saturday I went into an AT&T store and the guy said that the Pre/Pixi would be available in June or July. Then he said sometime between now and July.

Is this worth anything? Who knows. But for all you AT&T release news junkies (like me) here is one more crumb to keep you going for the day.

I just hope it is soon as my Treo 680 is freezing up more frequently than ever before. I fear it is on its last legs.

~aviduser

Quote Originally Posted by Malstorme View Post
    I don't "know" the guy that I got this from, so take it for what it's worth. He's apparently not a "palm guy" from what he replied. I asked him if he'd heard a release date for the new palm and below is his response. I've done what I can to sterilize where the info came from, because I have no idea what kind of restrictions are on what he sent...

This palm? Lol we already have some of the ads and such so usuallly within a month it gets released official, but u think u like that phone? I'm not too impressed til I use it a bit, I'm dfinately excited for the legion of dell phones that should come and finally take the iphone off its throne, check out the dell thunder.. comes out end of year though I will keep u updated with the news I get as it comes though!

Mals
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/03/2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Added Post of Pic in Wild
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    I went into an AT&T store on Friday and the sales rep told me they don't have a date but thet training on the Palm Pre is this week. I'm not sure what that means.
    Probably won't see this until June, though I think waiting till the new Iphone releases is poor timing indeed.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I want a Pre+ on ATT now! Hopefully the build quality and software will be improved over the current Pre+. I am especially interested in a reliable keyboard and Telenav support for GPS.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Just assume a 90 day exclusivity agreement with Verizon.
    I think it was launched late February, correct? So basically the end of May would be when that agreement would end. Therefore, June or July.

A firm date would be great though =/
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'm guessing that they will just be the Pre/Pixi Plusses they already have in stock to get rid of them. Can't imaging they would have a brand new model so soon.. but who knows, one can only hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcardle View Post
    I'm guessing that they will just be the Pre/Pixi Plusses they already have in stock to get rid of them. Can't imaging they would have a brand new model so soon.. but who knows, one can only hope.
    The Pre/Pixi's instock from Sprint/Verizon have a different radio and would not work on AT&T's network.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Where's Barry when we need him...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    First, I don' believe Palm is the one that determines the exact date the carrier will release a phone for sale. Its more like they work in tandem with the carrier to determine sale date.

China Telecom will be releasing their webOS phones in July.

ATT is doing the same 'coming soon' stuff with their Android releases as they are with the webOS devices. It seems like ATT is trying to stagger the smartphone releases. It's just my opinion, but I believe that ATT is trying to slowly introduce these new smartphones (webOS and Android) in a manner that will lessen the stress to an already pushed to the limits network. I think that is especially true with a new Iphone coming out in June. Also, remember that they promised to deliver 5 Android devices by the first half of 2010 so they still have 3 more to introduce.

As someone stated earlier, the Verizon exclusive is likely for a 90 day period. So the V exclusive would end somewhere around the 26th of April. If you figure in shipment times and inventory management at the local ATT stores and Best Buy, you're probably looking at a mid to late May release with early June being the latest.

ATT said at the CES in Jan that the devices would be released during the first half of 2010 so May or June would fit that bill.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    The sooner the better. Especially to get some sales in before the new iPhone drops. I'll be buying an AT&T Pre +, so hurry up, Palm!!!
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    I want a pre plus, but I don't want to get stuck with it while the pre 2 is out. I am stuck on at&t, so my strategy is going to be wait for the release date, hopefully somebody wont like it and sell it on craigslist, buy it and wait for the pre 2... I hope they have it out in the next year.
    Since my poor Treo 680 is running on fumes AND they have finally added a $30 data plan I am desperate for the Pre Plus on ATT. Too many months to wait so I ordered the HTC Dream (from Rogers in Canada) to see if it fits my needs. It has a physical keyboard, runs on ATT's 3G network and the data plan will only cost me $10/month.

If I love it then great and if I don't it will serve as a nice substitute until the Pre comes out...
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I'm totally dying to have the Pre Plus. I'm available to upgrade on 04/03 and I've been lusting after the Pre since it came out in June on Sprint. The earlier the better!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Where's Barry when we need him...
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-nor...ml#post2341154

Toni,
    I bet the May 10th date was edited and changed to Sept 20th solely to spite you and I - So now we don't have any clue as to the real date it will launch.

Apparently it could land on any date between April 26th and September 20th, and I'm still hoping for April 26th !!!!!!!!!

TTB

Just another reminder we shouldn't believe everything we find posted on the Internet!
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    It's just my opinion, but I believe that ATT is trying to slowly introduce these new smartphones (webOS and Android) in a manner that will lessen the stress to an already pushed to the limits network.
    Playboy,

Close, but no bananna in this instance ...

".... the (Palm) phones will automatically log into AT&T Wi-Fi networks - when you walk into a Starbucks, the phone will log into the local hotspot without you having to open the browser or click "yes" to an agreement first."

Based on the information revealed publicly thus far, I believe the Palm devices play a different role than you might think in the stress relief referenced by your posting. Here's just one of the many sites to post the above quoted info.
    Reference:
    Palm Announces Pre Plus, Pixi Plus for AT&T - Reviews by PC Magazine

TTB
    Quote Originally Posted by richc3 View Post
    Just assume a 90 day exclusivity agreement with Verizon.
    I think it was launched late February, correct? So basically the end of May would be when that agreement would end. Therefore, June or July.

A firm date would be great though =/
    Verizon launch date: January 25th, 2010
    90 Days: April 26th, 2010
    FCC information updated this week: Sept 20th (yup see posting by Toni Cipriani in the GSM Notrth American thread)

All this means is:
    WE REALLY HAVE NO CLUE! Could land on any date between April 26th and Sept 20th.

I'm still rooting for April 26th.

TTB
    and I want a Pre Plus or Pre 2(new hardware) as I lurk though all the threads drooling for this freakin phone and web os! It has been said that Palm has an over abundance of, what I suspect are Pre(s) and Pre Plus' and therefore won't be shipping/developing/creating a newer hardware version for some time. Question: if that is so, wouldn't those units be CDMA and not even compatible with AT&T's network? The EU version(s) are GSM, but are they Pre Plus'? Would that be what we weary waiters will be getting or will there be a newer version in time to compete with the next iphone or evo?!? Hmmmm
    I can't imagine that releasing anytime after June would be advantageous for Palm. The sooner the better, before peoples' attentions turn elsewhere...
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    I can't imagine that releasing anytime after June would be advantageous for Palm. The sooner the better, before peoples' attentions turn elsewhere...
    Again, I think you'll see the webOS phones on ATT by June at the latest. I'm just going back to what ATT Mobility CEO said in Jan at CES: "first half of 2010". As someone mentioned earlier, ATT will begin training employees on the webOS phones this week. Taking into account the first half of the year quote and training beginning this week, its not hard to believe that we're on schedule for a mid May release.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Playboy,

Close, but no bananna in this instance ...

".... the (Palm) phones will automatically log into AT&T Wi-Fi networks - when you walk into a Starbucks, the phone will log into the local hotspot without you having to open the browser or click "yes" to an agreement first."

Based on the information revealed publicly thus far, I believe the Palm devices play a different role than you might think in the stress relief referenced by your posting. Here's just one of the many sites to post the above quoted info.
    Reference:
    Palm Announces Pre Plus, Pixi Plus for AT&T - Reviews by PC Magazine

TTB
    A smart move on ATT's part by automatically logging those phones in ATT Wi-Fi spots. But the majority of the usage will be continue to be on ATT's network so staggering the Android and webOS releases works to ATT's advantage.
Page 1 of 47 12345611 ... LastLast