Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Basically same as above.

-Ok so the App catalog on the iPhone is huge. I don't use that many apps and the ones I do are on the Pre Plus. Also I've read that WebOs is easy to develop for so...if this OS can gain users then I think the apps will follow.
    -Flash support
    -I miss a physical keyboard
    -The OS is the best on the market in my opinion. It's so intuitive and the multi tasking is easily the best. The iPhone 4 still wont be better imo - I have the iphone 3g anyway so the new "multi tasking" feature wouldn't even apply to me
    -I mostly e-mail, text, and web browse - 3 things the Pre does very well
    -I don't like android, don't want to wait for WinMo 7, don't like blackberries
    -Also as mentioned above , Apple can be pretty ruthless with their app store.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I'm not the one you were addressing, but I'm in the same boat as him. It's not so much I want to get rid o my iPhone (plan on using it as an iPod/emergency phone) it's just I want something new, different than the iPhone that will still do most of what the phone does (namely web browsing/email/games), I also miss having a real keyboard and a "true" smartphone. The pre plus is really the only thing out there that fits the bill for me other than the new iPhone (not a huge android fan, don't like the new direction of winmo, blackberry has no web browser, and symbian was ok but it's extemely dated).

Forgot to mention, there is also no chance what so ever that flash will come to iPhone and I'm also getting tired of that crap apple keeps trying to pull (removing apps for bs reasons, censoring, locking devs into iPhone only apps, keep breaking jailbreaks, adobe fued, ect)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLights View Post
    Basically same as above.

-Ok so the App catalog on the iPhone is huge. I don't use that many apps and the ones I do are on the Pre Plus. Also I've read that WebOs is easy to develop for so...if this OS can gain users then I think the apps will follow.
    -Flash support
    -The OS is the best on the market in my opinion. It's so intuitive and the multi tasking is easily the best. The iPhone 4 still wont be better imo - I have the iphone 3g anyway so the new "multi tasking" feature wouldn't even apply to me
    Thanks for those posts.
    I really liked my 650. I got tired of waiting for the 750, so got an 8525.
    I fell in love with WM. I now have a Treo Pro and it's been fantastic.
    I've been researching the iPhone vs the Pre for a few months now.
    Those two posts just helped my leaning even more toward the Pre.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/26/2010 at 10:55 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    I went in to a Woodland Hills (L.A. city) corporare store earlier tonight and asked about the Pre. The guy said lots of inquiries from others but no real guess as to release. He also made the statement about the "phone in the back" that they have been able to play with. He made a statement to the effect that they still anticipate some training before the release.

I take that as it is likely still a couple of weeks.

The girl that was helping someone else smiled when I asked him about the phone and looked over which made me feel like they are getting this question a lot--which would be good news if they are going to sell a bunch of these!
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLights View Post
    Basically same as above.

-Flash support
    Add in the fact that the multi tasking of the 4.0 isnt really TRUE multitasking and u have all my reasons that i want this phone as well.

Rest assured once the 4.0 comes out for iphone someone will enable it for your 3g but DONT bother expecting it to be anywhere NEAR as effective as the WebOS is.

I also am hopeful that the webos platform allows me to do something i have always wanted to try....developing apps
    Last edited by mtopper; 04/26/2010 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Added point
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Not going to happen. No press release from ATT means not this weekend. Two weeks from the press release is when we'll see the phone. Never fails.
    Aright, you'll see. May 2nd. Have my "You were right" ready to go by then.
    You work at AT&T?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    Saw this news on another site...Not sure if this is reliable..
    Palm Pre Plus To Land On AT&T May 2nd (Photos) | Nerd News : Your community for all things nerdy!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You work at AT&T?
    No, but I have a source that works for a company that works for Palm.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Can your source that works for a company that works for Palm let you know when the 'official' announcement will be made? All these 'rumored' release dates are just that, rumors.
    I've been a longtime iPhone user who has been longing for a Pre for quite some time (but I'm not taking a step backwards from 3GSM to CDMA...Yes, I use my phone for data stuff so often that it would be an issue for me! And as a serious world traveller it's GSM or bust)

Anyway, so I grow weary of Apple's totalitarian control....and the unchanged appearance of the software and hardware.

The multitasking in OS 4.0 is good enough for me, but the absolute dealbreaker is the sad joke that is the notifications system. I was flabbergasted that they did nothing to address this in 4.0 when their notification system is clearly the worst in the industry.

As for the others:

-I hate Blackberries on principle, and their software makes me die a little inside
    -Windows Mobile is now and forever fail.
    -Android strikes me as the new "PC" of smartphones...a barrage of inconsistent hardware with an OS grafted onto all of them, riddled with bugs and lacking polish as it struggles just to maintain some semblance of compatibility across a tsunami of hardware (in short, it will be inelegant, buggy, and ugly software on great hardware).
    -Symbian...seriously?

The Pre just strikes me as the true "Mac" of the smartphone world...nice (but rarely the most cutting-edge) hardware, not exactly the biggest collection of 3rd party software, but with the very best OS in the business.
    I work for an AT&T authorized retailer. Our corporate rep came in, had the Pre Plus in his hand. We talked about my love of Palm, and I told him I wasn't buying a phone until it was the Pre Plus that I was buying. He told me we were getting it "next month". I am pumped. Hope he is right.
    Not saying I don't trust you, but as far as I understand Palm doesn't have a say in the release date, they only deliver the phones to the carrier.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    BTW, I didn't even look at the calendar earlier when I read this, but May 2nd is a Sunday...think it'd really launch on a Sunday?
    I'll have it ready to go and would be happy to say it, but it's not going to happen. If so, I'll walk out of Best Buy or ATT holding up the Palm Pre+ box high like the guy or gal whom walks out of a Apple stores on the release day of a new Apple product.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    BTW, I didn't even look at the calendar earlier when I read this, but May 2nd is a Sunday...think it'd really launch on a Sunday?
    The Moto Backflip launched on a Sunday.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    The Moto Backflip launched on a Sunday.
    True...I won't dispute the list of phones that have launched on a Sunday, as I know there have been some...but it seems that most phones don't launch on a Sunday.

And I'm more than willing to eat my words, if this Sunday I can run up to AT&T or Best Buy and grab my AT&T Pre+...I'd be soooooo friggin happy
    oh man I hope you're right! I know this is mostly about the Palm Pre + but I'm actually going for the Pixi +. Does you souce know if they'll both be released on the same day or perhaps staggered?
    Well, maybe AT&T is waiting until webOS 1.5 is ready? I don't know. It's been a month since the last release I think, so maybe they're just putting the final touches on 1.5 and then it's an extra gift to AT&T users...
    I know when the release date is!

May 18th!

Here's my reasoning: That's the day that I get to upgrade, and AT&T is kind enough to wait for me!

Sorry that they have to make the rest of you wait too...
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Somewhere out there the 'release' troll is laughing his head off at all of us!!
    I just want my pre+
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast