Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    That means not until about May 15th at the earliest, if true.

Not that good for Palm. AT&T has other phones holding down the fort so they don't exactly need to be quick, but Palm DOES. Why is every Pre release in the US(not sure how it went overseas) within the time frame or shadow of a "hotter" phone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post

Not that good for Palm. AT&T has other phones holding down the fort so they don't exactly need to be quick, but Palm DOES. Why is every Pre release in the US(not sure how it went overseas) within the time frame or shadow of a "hotter" phone.
    Sad but True!

Well, May 10th was the date listed on the FCC docs as the date that the confidentiality of the photos could be lifted. Going back to the releases on Verizon and Sprint, all of the dates listed for the lifting of confidentiality was the actual release date of the phone. So that is why I initially speculated on May 10th earlier in this thread.

I just want to know why it is so easy for SFR and O2 Germany to provide dates of release quicker than ATT. I blame ATT.

My guess is that ATT has it hands full trying to release two webOS devices, 3 more Android devices and the new iPhone in the summer timeframe.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I really wish I had the luxury to choose a different carrier with decent service where I live and work. I'm so tired of checking this site, and Palm's and AT&T's every waking hour! Just release the damned thing ATT!
    My Treo 650 has been on its last legs since Palm announced the Pre last year. I'd prefer an unlocked Pre+, but at this point if I have to sign a new contract with AT&T I'll do whatever it takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bela41 View Post
    My Treo 650 has been on its last legs since Palm announced the Pre last year. I'd prefer an unlocked Pre+, but at this point if I have to sign a new contract with AT&T I'll do whatever it takes.
    I've been rocking with the Treo 750 since Aug 2007 so I've been waiting for ATT's Pre+. Now that the date is close at hand it seems so far away. ATT and their ways.
    June 2005 for my Treo 650. The little guy has been a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by bela41 View Post
    June 2005 for my Treo 650. The little guy has been a champ.
    I had the T650 in Nov 2005 and upgraded to the 750 in Aug 2007. Now I'm eligible for my next upgrade and ATT is being very coy about the release date for webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    Anyone see this new Pre ad for AT&T:

great ad, shame it wasn't until 3rd US carrier launch.

All thanks should go to burmamonster as the original post of this link was on p|c main site, in ask the forums.
    If you carefully read the fine print at the end of the ad, you'll see the ad was from Palm (their copyright, not AT&T's)

But yes, it is a shame the great ad was for the 3rd US carrier to get it and the last one so far throughout the world.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Not going to happen. No press release from ATT means not this weekend. Two weeks from the press release is when we'll see the phone. Never fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Well, May 10th was the date listed on the FCC docs as the date that the confidentiality of the photos could be lifted. Going back to the releases on Verizon and Sprint, all of the dates listed for the lifting of confidentiality was the actual release date of the phone. So that is why I initially speculated on May 10th earlier in this thread.
    Don't give up hope. It's only April 26th. Although May 1st or 2nd seem doubtful, we can't rule out May 10th just yet.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.

Ok, I live in MO.

I just called two local AT&T stores. The first one said he didn't have any information.

The second store stated "next week" one would be coming out. I then said only one they aren't releasing both. He said 'no only the Pre at first".

So this is falling in line with many previous comments on the 1st/2nd.

Hopefully this is correct info!!

I've got my fingers crossed!

Soma
    Alright so I've been following this thread (and others like mad) and had to make an account to I could report back to all of you lovely people what I've learned by calling about 6 stores in SF.

Most of them said "It'll be out in May". One said that they didn't know if they'll "release the pixi also" but I took this as an uniformed employee. However I did get one piece of good info. The last store I called I got an employee who was honest with me and said they have a palm pre in the back and have been training on it for 3 weeks.

I remember reading somewhere that AT&T trains their employees for about a month (3 weeks) before releasing a phone soon after. So maybe early May isn't too far of stretch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeno View Post
    However I did get one piece of good info. The last store I called I got an employee who was honest with me and said they have a palm pre in the back and have been training on it for 3 weeks.
    Should have asked the rep what they honestly thought about it and how well they think it will sell.

From my observation, it seems as though there are more AT&T users than Verizon users who are actually interested in the Pre.

So maybe it might sell well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Don't give up hope. It's only April 26th. Although May 1st or 2nd seem doubtful, we can't rule out May 10th just yet.

TTB
    May 10th is decent. I think it just needs a good head start before people forget about it due to the announcement of that other phone(you know the one). The media seems to drop everything for that phone. It would be amazing if the Pre and Pixi sold more on AT&T than any other US carrier. I was surprised they even agreed to carry it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    ...From my observation, it seems as though there are more AT&T users than Verizon users who are actually interested in the Pre.
    I think this is because so many of us GSM users have been chomping at the bit for over a year now! I do hope you are right about sales.
    tim
    I've noticed that too, it's funny how people seem to think if you use AT&T then itcan only be because of the iPhone. I think AT&T sales will surprise some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I've noticed that too, it's funny how people seem to think if you use AT&T then itcan only be because of the iPhone. I think AT&T sales will surprise some people.
    Well, as far as I know (and this may be off since I am Canadian) AT&T is quite similar to Robbers (formerly known as Rogers lol) and really, the iPhone is the only 'good' device to offer, with respect to maybe the BB 9700. So the Pre will definitely offer a little bit of choice for users.

It will be interesting to see how many iPhone users switch as well. iPhone may be popular, but how many of those users just 'settle'?
    Hi PreCentral peoples.

Currently an iPhone user here anxiously waiting for the release of the AT&T Palm Pre Plus...

They sure are taking their sweet time but maybe my impatience stems from the fact that I want off my iphone so badly. I'm checking this website, my e-mail and other websites every day in anticipation of the release.

Anyways, I will be a Pre Plus user very soon (hopefully very soon!) so I'll be around

LET'S GO PALM!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLights View Post
    Hi PreCentral peoples.

Currently an iPhone user here anxiously waiting for the release of the AT&T Palm Pre Plus...

They sure are taking their sweet time but maybe my impatience stems from the fact that I want off my iphone so badly. I'm checking this website, my e-mail and other websites every day in anticipation of the release.

Anyways, I will be a Pre Plus user very soon (hopefully very soon!) so I'll be around

LET'S GO PALM!!
    Just out of curiosity why do you want off your iPhone so bad? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Just out of curiosity why do you want off your iPhone so bad? lol
    I'm not the one you were addressing, but I'm in the same boat as him. It's not so much I want to get rid o my iPhone (plan on using it as an iPod/emergency phone) it's just I want something new, different than the iPhone that will still do most of what the phone does (namely web browsing/email/games), I also miss having a real keyboard and a "true" smartphone. The pre plus is really the only thing out there that fits the bill for me other than the new iPhone (not a huge android fan, don't like the new direction of winmo, blackberry has no web browser, and symbian was ok but it's extemely dated).

Forgot to mention, there is also no chance what so ever that flash will come to iPhone and I'm also getting tired of that crap apple keeps trying to pull (removing apps for bs reasons, censoring, locking devs into iPhone only apps, keep breaking jailbreaks, adobe fued, ect)
    Last edited by fernandez21; 04/26/2010 at 08:03 PM.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast