Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    I would say 2 dates:

April 28th, 2010 with Vodafone and O2 at the same time.

or May 11th, 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewakaMJ View Post
    So on AT&T's site, they're saying that the Pre Plus will be $149.99 after mail in rebate (wait up to 60 days to receive)...so I'm looking at shelling out $250 for a phone being offered for free on other networks?! Seriously! I hope that changes by launch time. I'd pay the 150 (though I'd prefer not to), just don't make me pay 250...
    This is really simple. Go to Best Buy and buy the phone. That way you don't have to wait for the rebate. most people are unaware of Best Buy's non-rebate approach.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    I would say 2 dates:

April 28th, 2010 with Vodafone and O2 at the same time.

or May 11th, 2010.
    It won't be April 28. That is only two days away. I would tend to agree with the May 10th or May 11 time frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewakaMJ View Post
    So on AT&T's site, they're saying that the Pre Plus will be $149.99 after mail in rebate (wait up to 60 days to receive)...so I'm looking at shelling out $250 for a phone being offered for free on other networks?! Seriously! I hope that changes by launch time. I'd pay the 150 (though I'd prefer not to), just don't make me pay 250...

That price may also drop within a month if it doesn't sell well.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    That price may also drop within a month if it doesn't sell well.
    I suspect the price will drop eventually independent of how well it sells.
    If it somehow sells like hotcakes on AT&T even though it didn't exactly on any other carrier, I suspect AT&T will not be lowering anything for a while. LOL!

The one problem is if the new iPhone sells outright $200 on contract with no rebate hassle again, that could be a sticky situation for Palm.

AT&T's(and Palm's) best bet is release early May to see how things go.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    If it somehow sells like hotcakes on AT&T even though it didn't exactly on any other carrier, I suspect AT&T will not be lowering anything for a while. LOL!

The one problem is if the new iPhone sells outright $200 on contract with no rebate hassle again, that could be a sticky situation for Palm.

AT&T's(and Palm's) best bet is release early May to see how things go.
    I see what you're saying. But without any pre-marketing before launch I don't think that ATT or Palm is expecting the thing to sell like hotcakes. It'll depend on how it does after ATT decides to begin to market webOS via television and how the well the reps in the stores are trained on webOS.

If the 3GS goes to $150 then Palm will have to adjust accordingly.

But this war is fought on many fronts and we're just in the stock piling phase. The real battle will begin this time next when everyone should have a 4.1in flat slab and 4G.
    Oh yes, the iPhone "sale" that occurs every year. That's another problem for Palm.

At this point in the game (market), I do not see Palm spending any significant amount of $ on advertising the release on ATT. I believe they are relying on us Palm fanatics that have been waiting to grab and continue to spread the word once it is released.
    AT&T seems to be providing the ads and they are good. And Palm cannot rely on fans alone, it needs newcomers, many of them. I just hope they release in a timely manner, not one week before the iPhone announcement like they did on Sprint. And don't price the GSM North America version out of the market. Verizon's giving them away on contract and we still have to deal with a rebate? Sweeten the deal if you're charging more, come on!!

Yeah, those ads are nice but the channels that they are using are only viewed by fanatics IMO. I believe Palm will not advertise the ATT release and is simply waiting on ATT to be prepared for the release. Seems that Palm is busy working on the next big thing for one last fall battle with the Iphone. This wait is very dissapointing...expecially since I have been using their smartphones from the Treo 180! I am growing tired of the Pro!
    FYI for us NON-ATT PRE users...
    if you buy a $5 Starbucks coffee card and go to thier web site (Starbucks.com), register the card and use it once a month... you get free access to the ATT wireless service. Note the terms say 2 hours a day... I have used it for 5 hours+ and not been kicked off. Also I log on with my laptop and Pre (sprint) at the same time same starbucks card account and NO PROBLEMO! (If this is a problem, buy 2 cards and create 2 accounts = 4hrs per day etc....)
    Just a hint to mobil eusers... there is at least one or 2 starbucks on every corner in NYC and Long Island....
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Im gonna guess and hope for May 1st. I just wish it would come already. I am hanging onto an upgrade for the last 2 months. I am tired of my iPhone. i have had it for 2 years running and its been jailbroken and hacked to death. still cant cut the mustard for me.
    I am really looking forward to the webos and the pre plus combo. Hope that it lives up to what it appears to be capable of.
    it would be nice if ATT would just put a date out already. Its kind of ludicrous not to already. But hey, that's ATT for you.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Anyone see this new Pre ad for AT&T:

great ad, shame it wasn't until 3rd US carrier launch.

All thanks should go to burmamonster as the original post of this link was on p|c main site, in ask the forums.
    Overly optimistic: It might be they want to announce on the same day it's available. They might've learned from their mistake of announcing in January and available in June.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by mtopper View Post
    Im gonna guess and hope for May 1st. I just wish it would come already. I am hanging onto an upgrade for the last 2 months. I am tired of my iPhone. i have had it for 2 years running and its been jailbroken and hacked to death. still cant cut the mustard for me.
    I am really looking forward to the webos and the pre plus combo. Hope that it lives up to what it appears to be capable of.
    it would be nice if ATT would just put a date out already. Its kind of ludicrous not to already. But hey, that's ATT for you.
    This is exactly how I feel, except my iPhone broke 2 weeks ago so I'm using a ****ty blackberry.

Can't wait till this phone is released.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Overly optimistic: It might be they want to announce on the same day it's available. They might've learned from their mistake of announcing in January and available in June.
    Toni,

That would be so friggin awesome if they did that, but I'm guessing we'll have about 2 weeks between announcing and availability. But man I'm keeping my fingers crossed you're overly optimistic mindframe is correct
    May 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    May 2nd.
    Not going to happen. No press release from ATT means not this weekend. Two weeks from the press release is when we'll see the phone. Never fails.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Not going to happen. No press release from ATT means not this weekend. Two weeks from the press release is when we'll see the phone. Never fails.
    That just stinks!!
    This has become the trip you take with your parents to grandma's house that never ends.....

"Ma,are we there yet??"

"two more minutes".........

Longest two minutes of my cell phone lifetime....
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast