Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 937
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    Last week I talked to a friend in large ATT store here in Orlando FL and he said beginning of May to offer Palm for sale. He also said out of contract buy was about 399.00 or so for the Pixi-wow. That's a lot for a year old phone. I've been corrected here before saying that the Pre was a couple of years old now but it just seems like it's been hanging around forever. It's time for a new Pixi with 1 GHz processor. I love the Pixi form factor.




    I'm considering buying an ATT Pixi on Ebay when things have settled down.
    1. To be exact, the Pre is 11 months old as of May 6th. Not a couple of years old.
    2. The Pixi is about 6 months old. Not a year old phone.
    AT&T will be selling the Pre Plus and the Pixi Plus, not the Pre and the Pixi.
    1. The Pre Plus and Pixi Plus are upgraded models of the Pre and the Pixi with double the memory and double the storage. The Pixi Plus also adds Wi-Fi.
    2. The Pre Plus and Pixi Plus models were released on January 25th, 2010. Thats just a tad bit less than 5 months ago.
    My oh my, how the mdeia has distorted the public's view of Palm and Palm devices. As a result, even members of this fine community are easily swayed and have become quick to view Palm in a negative light!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  2. #102  
    I also love the Pixi form factor, but to pay $400 for a late arrival device is way too much, unless the Pixi Plus on AT&T had at least 16GB of storage.
  3. #103  
    That is a little steep. So I'm guessing the Pre Plus will be $500 or $600? At that rate, it's cheaper to buy a Nexus One. I'd pay about $400 for the Pre Plus but not too much higher. Also I wonder if Palm is finally going to sell an unlocked version.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    1. To be exact, the Pre is 11 months old as of May 6th. Not a couple of years old.
    2. The Pixi is about 6 months old. Not a year old phone.
    AT&T will be selling the Pre Plus and the Pixi Plus, not the Pre and the Pixi.
    1. The Pre Plus and Pixi Plus are upgraded models of the Pre and the Pixi with double the memory and double the storage. The Pixi Plus also adds Wi-Fi.
    2. The Pre Plus and Pixi Plus models were released on January 25th, 2010. Thats just a tad bit less than 5 months ago.
    My oh my, how the mdeia has distorted the public's view of Palm and Palm devices. As a result, even members of this fine community are easily swayed and have become quick to view Palm in a negative light!
    The problem isn't the media but that palm is still a phone generation behind. The pre should have been the pre+ on sprint. verzion and att should have gotten whatever the pre+ successor is going to be. Palm seems to want to stay in catch up mode instead of pushing into the lead. Palm needs to concentrate on device performance, more quality apps and time to market. These are 3 things apple has locked down. which is why the 3g isn't getting multitasking because it'll affect device perfomance. I still want my pre+ but it's a shame that while others have their 1ghz 8mp droids i still don't have my att pre+. I won't even mention the fact that the next iphone is coming out in less than 3 months. Palm needs to bring it with their next device. It needs to be the fastest device out when it comes to market. People need to be wowed by the speed, permformance and battery life of WebOS not just it's UI design.
    Palm Pro->m505->Zodiac 2->Treo 680->Treo Pro->Pre+
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    That is a little steep. So I'm guessing the Pre Plus will be $500 or $600? At that rate, it's cheaper to buy a Nexus One. I'd pay about $400 for the Pre Plus but not too much higher. Also I wonder if Palm is finally going to sell an unlocked version.
    Verizon is selling the Pre Plus off contract $599. $600 is ballpark. However it isn't justified to pay Verizon's price, since you can't use the phone anywhere else. At least on the AT&T one it's GSM and it can be unlocked.

    Phones aren't free, per se, even the iPhone is 699 full price. I guess I'm used to paying full prices for phones in Hong Kong, I paid equivalent of $320 for my Palm Centro back two years ago. Free phones practically disappeared after number portability was brought in 10 years ago, everyone just bought their own unlocked phones and go to whichever carrier is cheap, and I do mean cheap. 50 bucks practically get you an unlimited everything plan, on average people are paying only 30 bucks a month and already have at least 4-500 mins talk time, with some plans data included as well. Cheapest plans can go as low as 7 bucks and it's already to equivalent to base plans here.

    North American consumers are too brainwashed into the idea that phones are "free". They still cost money to build, the money just comes from somewhere else.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 04/24/2010 at 02:48 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    1. To be exact, the Pre is 11 months old as of May 6th. Not a couple of years old.
    2. The Pixi is about 6 months old. Not a year old phone.
    AT&T will be selling the Pre Plus and the Pixi Plus, not the Pre and the Pixi.
    1. The Pre Plus and Pixi Plus are upgraded models of the Pre and the Pixi with double the memory and double the storage. The Pixi Plus also adds Wi-Fi.
    2. The Pre Plus and Pixi Plus models were released on January 25th, 2010. Thats just a tad bit less than 5 months ago.
    My oh my, how the mdeia has distorted the public's view of Palm and Palm devices. As a result, even members of this fine community are easily swayed and have become quick to view Palm in a negative light!
    Uh Barry just a correction there...

    The Pixi Plus only got Wi-Fi, not more RAM nor storage. Only the Pre got that, so it's only not also.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  7. #107  
    I buy phones all the time off contract(or unlocked) and I'm not overpaying. I never expected the Pre to be free, but it's overpriced at anything over $450 at the most, considering it's locked.

    The Nexus One is $529 plus shipping unlocked already. And on Craig's people sell them for $500. If AT&T wants $599 for a locked phone, no thanks.


    I checked AT&T's site and most of their locked smartphones are $450 at the most(except iPhone of course). That'd be reasonable for the Pre Plus. The Pixi should be no higher than $350 IMO. Although with the Galaxy S possibly coming, I may still wait a bit.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/24/2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added something.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I buy phones all the time off contract(or unlocked) and I'm not overpaying. I never expected the Pre to be free, but it's overpriced at anything over $450 at the most, considering it's locked.

    The Nexus One is $529 plus shipping unlocked already. And on Craig's people sell them for $500. If AT&T wants $599 for a locked phone, no thanks.
    You're right about the AT&T part. Palm just wholesales to them, AT&T sets the retail prices.

    That's why I (almost) never buy phones from carriers. With the exception of the Pre since I have no choice.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  9. #109  
    Good catch Toni.
    My bad!

    Was hoping to find the site again before sharing this, but havn't been able to yet.

    I stumbled across a blog with Saturday May 1st listed as "THE" date!

    Sooner the better

    If I run across it again, I'll post a link.

    TTB

    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Uh Barry just a correction there...

    The Pixi Plus only got Wi-Fi, not more RAM nor storage. Only the Pre got that, so it's only not also.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  10. #110  
    Is this the site you were referring to Barry?

    AT&T Palm Pre Plus Ė New AT&T cell phones


    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Good catch Toni.
    My bad!

    Was hoping to find the site again before sharing this, but havn't been able to yet.

    I stumbled across a blog with Saturday May 1st listed as "THE" date!

    Sooner the better

    If I run across it again, I'll post a link.

    TTB
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaNedlaw View Post
    Is this the site you were referring to Barry?

    AT&T Palm Pre Plus Ė New AT&T cell phones

    Yes, sure is!

    I wonder where they get their information from because the way it's worded, it seems likely it came from someone who works in a corp retail store located in California ...... Referencing the article:

    "For those interested, the phone will be on sale Saturday, May 1st in California. Iím not sure about nationwide."

    Interesting, as a lot of the leaked info found on the Web these days appears to come from somewhere in the Reno/Tahoe area .... What would the world do without "moles" feeding us this stuff.

    Personally, May 1st, or May 2nd sounds better than May 10th. At this point, who knows what the real date is???

    I'm betting we find out on Monday ....

    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  12. #112  
    Well, I think we'll prolly find out the release date tomorrow, but I don't think it'll be released until about two weeks from now.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  13. #113  
    Any time in May is fine with me. Just do it before June because a whole slew of phones are coming then.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  14. npyle's Avatar
    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #114  
    I sure hope we do find out sometime today...I don't care if it isn't available for a couple weeks yet, I just want to know the date instead of playing this guessing game. But of course the soon the better as I'm due for an upgrade and am chomping at the bit to get my hands on a Pre+.
  15. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Any time in May is fine with me. Just do it before June because a whole slew of phones are coming then.

    I dont know why AT&T is doing this.

    Do they even relies how many phones are going to be released in June?


    Maybe they are going to wait till AFTER the new phones get announced LOL They think it might trump all those NEW phones.

    All I know is AT&T pushes the iPhone, and the new one is coming in June, I dont know what they are thinking if they think launching both phones at the same time is a good idea.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    I dont know why AT&T is doing this.

    Do they even relies how many phones are going to be released in June?


    Maybe they are going to wait till AFTER the new phones get announced LOL They think it might trump all those NEW phones.

    All I know is AT&T pushes the iPhone, and the new one is coming in June, I dont know what they are thinking if they think launching both phones at the same time is a good idea.
    I kinda see what you're saying, but ATT's big problem is that they're launching webOS in May, three more Android phones this summer and the new iPhone this summer. Can ATT's already suspect network handle all of that? That is the question. I think that ATT is still trying to answer that question.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  17. #117  
    I think it should just be released today haha. Ive been watching my emails that are being pushed to my phone ever since at&t let you sign up to be informed when it comes/coming out. (usually i just let them pile up and delete them unless i notice something important)

    But to be more realistic i would guess another week or two.
  18. #118  
    Im pretty sure it will be may 1st, due to verizon exclusive in the states until 04/26 thats just my thinking. Again though I'm still really surprised on how much AT&T is showing Palm so much love.
  19. #119  
    PALM site has ATT phones listed when you go to "buy now". You are asked if you want to be notified and can still only purchase s or vz versions, but PALM appears to be ready for launch. ATT employees are reportedly training on them as we discuss this. ATT site has video demos of webOS ready to go. I don't think ATT would be training and all of these site preparations would be done for a June/July launch, especially training on webOS. O2, VOD and SFR all launch this week. I say ATT launches May 1st. And then hopefully new hardware for S and VZ in June/July.....C40?......Elan? Love my Pre Plus on VZ, but it would be nice to see some new hardware as a sign of webOS expansion.
  20. #120  
    So on AT&T's site, they're saying that the Pre Plus will be $149.99 after mail in rebate (wait up to 60 days to receive)...so I'm looking at shelling out $250 for a phone being offered for free on other networks?! Seriously! I hope that changes by launch time. I'd pay the 150 (though I'd prefer not to), just don't make me pay 250...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions