Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HWReaver View Post
    Can't wait, finally a decent phone on AT&T.
    I know right (no offense to the Iphone). I'm ready to drop $150.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I know right (no offense to the Iphone). I'm ready to drop $150.
    I wish I could drop $150 on it

spread the word thou
    get as many people on webOS as you can
    I'm waiting, though I am eager to get it, it will be p'od if they announce the c40 after a month.
    Get the Pre Plus or Pixi Plus NOW, fernandez21.

Here's their track record from what I've observed. They are the last carrier to get the Pre after almost a year of it being out*. They were the absolute last US carrier to release Android and it's butchered a bit. They have actually waited an entire year to release some phones. They have even cancelled anticipated phones, although not too often.

Even if the c40 gets announced, AT&T will wait to get it. The only phone they release on time is the iPhone of course.

But you may not want to be stuck waiting for AT&T to get it's c40 act together. If you have to buy a Pre/Pixi without a contract(eBay or Craig's have good prices) just so you can switch phones just in case, even that's preferrable to waiting.

JMO based on AT&T's record.

P.S. *T-Mobile doesn't seem interested in Palm whatsoever anymore, so I'm just disregarding them for the Pre/Pixi. I don't think they'll be getting those in their line-up, though it would be a nice surprise.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I'm waiting, though I am eager to get it, it will be p'od if they announce the c40 after a month.
    When it comes to technology, you can only get so much cutting edge. If you keep on waiting like that you'll end up not getting anything. It simply renews too fast and it's hard to keep up. By the time the "C40" comes there will be rumours about a "C50" showing up. When HTC Evo 4G comes they will have a HTC Evo 2 in the works.

Example being my netbook. I wanted the Asus S101 back then (about a year and half ago), but I kept on waiting for it to drop price to come with a Linux version, so I waited, then a few months later then came the 1002HA, I changed my mind and decided to get that one instead. Then came the 1005HA, I waited again, then the 1005PE, I finally say "fack this" and bought it. And shortly after I bought it, they updated it again to 1005PR.

Only reason why I waited on the Pre was because of Bell's bad rep of their network, and their horrendous monthly plans. They dropped that price and it was comparable to my retention plan on Fido, I jumped ship.

So just get what you like, what fits your needs and budget. Go to an AT&T/Verizon store, try it, like it, buy it.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 04/23/2010 at 07:50 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Fernandez21, I agree with both Toni and Diva. Toni is right in that the way technology moves, you can wait and wait and something new will always be around the corner.

And Diva is right b/c all you have to do is look at ATT's track record of getting new phones, excluding Iphone, of course. Look at how the Pre and Pixi releases played out and that is how it will play out again.

C40 4G goes to Sprint first b/c they received the first phone. Verizon will get the C40 LTE version in early 2011 and ATT will lag behind and get the C40 LTE in May or June of 2011.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Fernandez21, I agree with both Toni and Diva. Toni is right in that the way technology moves, you can wait and wait and something new will always be around the corner.

And Diva is right b/c all you have to do is look at ATT's track record of getting new phones, excluding Iphone, of course. Look at how the Pre and Pixi releases played out and that is how it will play out again.

C40 4G goes to Sprint first b/c they received the first phone. Verizon will get the C40 LTE version in early 2011 and ATT will lag behind and get the C40 LTE in May or June of 2011.
    You are all correct about ATT, and the tech curve that never ceases! However, one positive that comes from ATT being the slow-to-react dinosaur is the phone usually has all of the bugs worked out of it, because it has been around for awhile on other carriers. For example, I remember when the Centro came out on Sprint. Many of us were dying for it, but there were some issues the early adopters experienced. By the time it arrived on ATT, those had been cleared up. I am guessing (hoping and praying?) that most of the early problems with the Pre and to a lesser extent, the Pixi, will be dealt with, and we can focus on the great phone we have!
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    When it comes to technology, you can only get so much cutting edge. If you keep on waiting like that you'll end up not getting anything. It simply renews too fast and it's hard to keep up. By the time the "C40" comes there will be rumours about a "C50" showing up. When HTC Evo 4G comes they will have a HTC Evo 2 in the works.

Example being my netbook. I wanted the Asus S101 back then (about a year and half ago), but I kept on waiting for it to drop price to come with a Linux version, so I waited, then a few months later then came the 1002HA, I changed my mind and decided to get that one instead. Then came the 1005HA, I waited again, then the 1005PE, I finally say "fack this" and bought it. And shortly after I bought it, they updated it again to 1005PR.

Only reason why I waited on the Pre was because of Bell's bad rep of their network, and their horrendous monthly plans. They dropped that price and it was comparable to my retention plan on Fido, I jumped ship.

So just get what you like, what fits your needs and budget. Go to an AT&T/Verizon store, try it, like it, buy it.
    Toni,

How are you finding the CDMA network? I personally hate it and CDMA in general, but with this new price Bell has with the price plan discount, it's so tempting. But, now there are rumours they're probably getting the Pre Plus on HSPA.

Any advice will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Toni,

How are you finding the CDMA network? I personally hate it and CDMA in general, but with this new price Bell has with the price plan discount, it's so tempting. But, now there are rumours they're probably getting the Pre Plus on HSPA.

Any advice will help.
    I'm fine with it. I do see some blackouts and my friends complaining that when they call me it rings but I'm not ringing on my end, but seems to have calmed down a bit. Could be because of my ported number. Other pet peeve is SMS seems to be delayed between Rogers' network, and MMS receiving doesn't seem to work on mine.

Data is really fast though, much faster than my E51 on Fido, did one speed test and I hit 1800kbps. But that could be because it was single band 850MHz HSDPA.

Worse case scenario is, when the Pre Plus comes on HSPA, just buy one and get a SIM card for $5, you can switch hardware and retain the discount. Another nice thing is that even if I get like one bar, data is still really fast. Battery life does suck though, and I proved it was the radio searching. Leave Airplane Mode off and go into a subway, battery's gone in like 40 mins.

Where are you hearing these rumours, BTW? Last I heard Bell still has tons of Pres left, so I can't see them ordering any more.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

I'm fine with it. I do see some blackouts and my friends complaining that when they call me it rings but I'm not ringing on my end, but seems to have calmed down a bit. Could be because of my ported number. Other pet peeve is SMS seems to be delayed between Rogers' network, and MMS receiving doesn't seem to work on mine.

Data is really fast though, much faster than my E51 on Fido, did one speed test and I hit 1800kbps. But that could be because it was single band 850MHz HSDPA.

Worse case scenario is, when the Pre Plus comes on HSPA, just buy one and get a SIM card for $5, you can switch hardware and retain the discount. Another nice thing is that even if I get like one bar, data is still really fast. Battery life does suck though, and I proved it was the radio searching. Leave Airplane Mode off and go into a subway, battery's gone in like 40 mins.

Where are you hearing these rumours, BTW? Last I heard Bell still has tons of Pres left, so I can't see them ordering any more.
    Yeah I know that's what I hate about it - the calls that don't go through and the delayed/not coming through text messages. It's always been like that and it's always bugged me lol

Problem is.. I would then have to drop $600 for a Pre Plus which I don't necessarily have lol

And someone posted in the Pre thread that Bell had a palm pre come and say they're getting an hspa device soon from palm

It would only have to be the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Yeah I know that's what I hate about it - the calls that don't go through and the delayed/not coming through text messages. It's always been like that and it's always bugged me lol

Problem is.. I would then have to drop $600 for a Pre Plus which I don't necessarily have lol

And someone posted in the Pre thread that Bell had a palm pre come and say they're getting an hspa device soon from palm

It would only have to be the Pre
    And just so you know... Bell just dropped it to 299.95 no contract and free on 2-year. $10 discount still valid.

MobileSyrup.com - Canadian Mobile Phone News & Reviews - Cell phones and Accessories

they have a unboxing on engaget, so one is thinking very soon. Also those who purchase this remember to put that 800mhz kernal, and cpu scaling on it believe me it makes the pre a super pre. Test even shows its faster then the Nexus one's browser by far, and of course any other phone on the market currently.

AT&T Palm Pre Plus unboxed in glorious, orange detail -- Engadget

tell you one thing though the boxing of it looks sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    they have a unboxing on engaget, so one is thinking very soon. Also those who purchase this remember to put that 800mhz kernal, and cpu scaling on it believe me it makes the pre a super pre. Test even shows its faster then the Nexus one's browser by far, and of course any other phone on the market currently.

AT&T Palm Pre Plus unboxed in glorious, orange detail -- Engadget

tell you one thing though the boxing of it looks sick.
    According to Engadget that unit is not a retail unit but more likely a practice unit or display model one of the store managers received.
    Last edited by playboy; 04/23/2010 at 09:59 AM.

You're right about that, I don't plan on waiting past the end of summer for a new phone. And you're also right about how long it takes at&t sometimes to release a phone and that plays a part too, because if lets say I wait, then the c40 is announced late summer and doesn't come out till next year on at&t, then thats wasted months I could've been using the pre but didn't, but if I buy now and c40 gets released in sept/oct., then I'm stuck with old hardware that would only be 3-4 months old.

Right now I think I'm leaning to getting one as soon as I can come up with money for one, lack of apps doesn't matter to me because I already have an iphone 3g and just swap my sim back and forth for when I need to use an app, I'll be supporting palm who need all the help they can get right now, at worst I'll be upgrade eligible early fall next year shortly after the iphone 5g comes and could always just grab that if things don't work out with palm, plus I'm really bored with the iphone os and want to try something new.
    Hey don't bring up the apps thing... you're in the US, much better catalog compared to us in Canada.

I just left a local store doing some browsing and talked to a sales rep who said that she heard of the phone but didnt think it would be out anytime soon because they have not gone to training for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by soloque View Post
    I just left a local store doing some browsing and talked to a sales rep who said that she heard of the phone but didnt think it would be out anytime soon because they have not gone to training for the Pre.
    Well, other stores have begun training and some have been doing it for this whole month. It all depends on when the manager decides to take the phone off of his/her desk and train the employees. When the Backflip came out some employees only had two days of training on it before it was released. It just depends on the manager.

I did some channel checks yesterday and the majority of those I spoke to said that the release is May but they haven't been given a date.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Why are they waiting? This is very close to the new iPhone launch

Anyone want to speculate how is the new iPhone going to effect the Palm Pre Plus launch??
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    You're also right about how long it takes at&t sometimes to release a phone

They release the iPhone extremely fast.
    Last week I talked to a friend in large ATT store here in Orlando FL and he said beginning of May to offer Palm for sale. He also said out of contract buy was about 399.00 or so for the Pixi-wow. That's a lot for a year old phone. I've been corrected here before saying that the Pre was a couple of years old now but it just seems like it's been hanging around forever. It's time for a new Pixi with 1 GHz processor. I love the Pixi form factor.
    I'm considering buying an ATT Pixi on Ebay when things have settled down.
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast