Not Pre related, but is Att related:

My recent experience:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-nor...ourself-t.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

My recent experience:
    i dont use data that much and so i am using a prepaid sim with my pre. guess they cant add a $30 monthly data plan on my prepiad....
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

My recent experience:
    Hey, Berd, are you telling me the CSR did not offer to credit that amount back to your account??? I've never had a problem with ATT crediting me for anything such as this; once, they even credited me for crap my kid actually downloaded on his phone. I am really surprised that this person didn't offer that, especially when they saw there was zero data usage!
    tim
    I think they finally credited back the data charge they made on my wife's phone, but I still think it's crap. If my wife wanted my old Treo Pro and had no need for data, she shouldn't be required to have it on her plan.
    Just call me Berd.
    OK, I'll dive in. My son has a Samsung blackjack, daughter has LG touchscreen, and wife has Palm Centro. They only pay 30.00 (for the three of them) unlimited texting. That's all they do for their three phones. Today ATT retail guy told me Palm Pre, iPhone, and BlackBerry phones all require data plans.

Glad it worked out for you Berd. Stuff like that weighs on my mind .
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    OK, I'll dive in. My son has a Samsung blackjack, daughter has LG touchscreen, and wife has Palm Centro. They only pay 30.00 (for the three of them) unlimited texting. That's all they do for their three phones. Today ATT retail guy told me Palm Pre, iPhone, and BlackBerry phones all require data plans.

Glad it worked out for you Berd. Stuff like that weighs on my mind .
    Yeah, I've got the Centro, also. I guess ATT doesn't count it as smart enough to be a real smart-phone! The only requirement they put on me when I bought it in Feb 2008 was to keep the data plan for 6 months, which I did. I haven't had it since, though I can turn it on and off for those times when I am traveling during the summer and away from my desktop.

It sounds like ATT must have finally wised up, because I know of a guy who used to put his sim in his dumb-phone, sign up for a cheap-o data plan ($15/mo), then switch his sim back to his Centro.
    tim
    ...From the AT&T store: $149.99 + tax w/ instant rebate. Touchstone will be mailed to me. They had a Touchstone but couldn't ring it up. Looks like it was a bigger box that came with the power cord (unlike the $20 one I got from RS that was in a small Touchstone only box).

So far so good...downloaded a few apps from the App Catalog and installed Preware.

I still wish Yahoo Messenger was included...now I may have to attempt that Plug-In in that huge thread here. Anybody doing the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by iPilot View Post
    ...From the AT&T store: $149.99 + tax w/ instant rebate. Touchstone will be mailed to me. They had a Touchstone but couldn't ring it up. Looks like it was a bigger box that came with the power cord (unlike the $20 one I got from RS that was in a small Touchstone only box).

So far so good...downloaded a few apps from the App Catalog and installed Preware.

I still wish Yahoo Messenger was included...now I may have to attempt that Plug-In in that huge thread here. Anybody doing the same?
    It is... last time I added my Yahoo Mail account for testing and it was added to Messaging.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    i just did. kind of new to this and so it took me a while.

key points:
    follow instructions when installing the files. the files must be installed in a particular order.
    I was forced onto the pda data plan for $30 which includes no text messages so had to add 200 per month for $5. So now my data goes up by $15 per month or $180 per year for essentially what I had before. I took this up with a business customer support person and a supervisor and lost out with both (also the csr in the store and the store manager). Both phone support reps claimed that "new pda devices" require a new plan even though my old Treo 680, 750 and Pro all used the same amount of data and features. I have 4 lines on my account and with a 22% corporate discount I still spend about $175 month and soone to be $190 and they did nothing for me.

Very frustrating.

However the Pre is great, and I couldn't be happier (well maybe if it could spell check my emails like my old WinMo device did).
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    what is that loyalty discount?
    I have been with them something like 15 yrs. So, they gave me an extra $50 off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    It is... last time I added my Yahoo Mail account for testing and it was added to Messaging.
    How did you do that? I have Yahoo Mail added and sync'd w/ Synergy. But then I go to Messaging and there is no Yahoo IM to Add.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPilot View Post
    How did you do that? I have Yahoo Mail added and sync'd w/ Synergy. But then I go to Messaging and there is no Yahoo IM to Add.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yahoo-icq.html
    Lame. Stores around me all sold out yesterday. I was planning on going tomorrow. Been told new shipments will be there on Friday, so I will be awaiting a phone call when they arrive and then a mad dash to get the phone.

I'm getting really antsy at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman_007 View Post
    I have been with them something like 15 yrs. So, they gave me an extra $50 off.
    Do you have to ask for the loyalty discount? I've been with them since they were Pac Bell!
    lol, about an hour after setting up my email on my new pre, I get my first email notification, it is from at&t letting me know I can now purchase the pre plus.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    lol, about an hour after setting up my email on my new pre, I get my first email notification, it is from at&t letting me know I can now purchase the pre plus.
    Lol, I had the same thing happen to me Sunday

I was like.. Thanx, good thing I relied on Pre Central and not you
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Does that plugin work for the AT&T Palm Pre Plus v1.4.2?

I tried to install it, and got a error with WebOSQuickInstall
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    You know, now that you mention it, I STILL haven't received my email, even though I signed up to hear about it on ATT's site over a month ago! That's really poor.
    tim
    Same here. No email yet. When the Sprint Pre launched, it was 5pm on launch day when I got the email.

But here it seems as if ATT doesn't even care to sell the phones. They are under the control of the Apple Puppetmaster.