Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647 LastLast
    I got my Pre at 11am. I was the first one in the store.

I got not only a touchstone charging dock, but the wall plug and the usb cable too. Apparently I was supposed to get the dock only?

I was a little ****ed off that I had to do a $100 mail in rebate. So I paid $250 to upgrade and will be getting $150 back by mail.

But what I LOVE is that I was able to keep my MediaMax 200 bundle, which is Unlimited Data and 200 messages for only $19.99, saving me $15.00 per month or $180.00 per year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    You sure it wasnt like a spring mobile or something of the sorts. because i walked in and asked them the same question (while my phone was getting sheilded) and they said the same thing. 5 minutes later i walked back in with it slid it open and showed them the At&t logo. They were all like "wwhhaatt?!?!?" i lol'd and told them it released today and left.
    Spring Mobile? Like authorized reseller? Nope. It was my local AT&T corporate store.
    I live in Winter Park and thanks to the fine people on here, I was a little educated as to what I was supposed to get. The short version is that I had to educate the ATT person that the touchstone was to be given with the phone. The price was $249.00 minus a $100 mail in rebate and I received a $50.00 loyalty discount, plus tax.

so now I am tying to figure out how to get my outlook contact onto my Pre+. thanks for the good info on here.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I got my Pre at 11am. I was the first one in the store.

I got not only a touchstone charging dock, but the wall plug and the usb cable too. Apparently I was supposed to get the dock only?

I was a little ****ed off that I had to do a $100 mail in rebate. So I paid $250 to upgrade and will be getting $150 back by mail.

But what I LOVE is that I was able to keep my MediaMax 200 bundle, which is Unlimited Data and 200 messages for only $19.99, saving me $15.00 per month or $180.00 per year.
    Damn you are really lucky about that data plan! I miss that data plan with my Treo 680.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Was just checking AT&T's website. There is 11 reviews already on the Palm Pre and every single review is 5 out of 5! Gotta love that!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Bwahahahahahha, too funny.

Well here it is--sorry pic quality stinks, took it with my wife's silly LG phone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman_007 View Post
    I live in Winter Park and thanks to the fine people on here, I was a little educated as to what I was supposed to get. The short version is that I had to educate the ATT person that the touchstone was to be given with the phone. The price was $249.00 minus a $100 mail in rebate and I received a $50.00 loyalty discount, plus tax.

so now I am tying to figure out how to get my outlook contact onto my Pre+. thanks for the good info on here.
    what is that loyalty discount?
    I'm starting to wonder if the 399.99 no-contract price is a special. Amazon and Wirefly both lists 499.99 as the full price.

Amazon.com: Palm Pre Plus Phone (AT&T, Phone Only, No Service): Cell Phones & Service
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if the 399.99 no-contract price is a special. Amazon and Wirefly both lists 499.99 as the full price.

Amazon.com: Palm Pre Plus Phone (AT&T, Phone Only, No Service): Cell Phones & Service
    if some one want it for 49.99 then get it from amazon with service plan, I know it is 100 bucks less but who will wait for them to ship and shipping is said to be in 4 to 6 weeks
    Got mine yesterday. $399 + tax. Only the third store would sell me the phone without having AT&T "burglervice".

First one gave me the "all smartphones need a data plan, they don't work with pre-paid" speech. Right!

Second was more creative: "we can sell you the phone outright, but we need to add the details to the account". Next.

Third one was "So you just want the phone for $399? Ok, let me get it for you.". I also got a $20 data package for the activation.

Served with some next gen goodness, it's now pumping on T-mobile pre-paid, the best deal in town. Maybe one day I'll switch over to AT&T, but not for their current price range.

Pigs will fly before I spend $80 (or even $50) a month for phone service, unless it comes with a weekly maid visit to tidy up the house.

It's been 6 years since I carried a Palm device in my pocket, and it's been 6 years too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    Damn you are really lucky about that data plan! I miss that data plan with my Treo 680.
    Believe me, I didn't get to keep this plan without a fight. They told me I couldn't. The only reason I was at an AT&T store is because where I work (Fry's Electronics) they don't carry it yet.

But I knew how to get around it. What it boiled down to was that the ATT interface adds the PDA Personal plan and then you push it through, then you take it off, leaving the Mediamax 200 still there.

I had this plan since I had my Treo 650, then my centro, then the bellyflop of a motorola backflip I had for a few weeks, and now my PPP!
    just got mine!! So excited, I'm really liking it so far, the build feels solid, no creaking or wiggle or nothing when its closed, some wiggle when open. Need to get used to the keyboard and smaller screen, but so far everything seems really nice. I'm also surprised by how fast it is, it seems everyones first complaint is that it is sluggish, but i'm not seeing that at all, coming from an iphone 3g.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Any reports from Chicago buyers? I'd like to know how strict the stores are about your account. The corporate store I usually use(since it's very close) is horrible, but there's others.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by _cal_ View Post
    Got mine yesterday. $399 + tax. Only the third store would sell me the phone without having AT&T "burglervice".

First one gave me the "all smartphones need a data plan, they don't work with pre-paid" speech. Right!

Second was more creative: "we can sell you the phone outright, but we need to add the details to the account". Next.

Third one was "So you just want the phone for $399? Ok, let me get it for you.". I also got a $20 data package for the activation.

Served with some next gen goodness, it's now pumping on T-mobile pre-paid, the best deal in town. Maybe one day I'll switch over to AT&T, but not for their current price range.

Pigs will fly before I spend $80 (or even $50) a month for phone service, unless it comes with a weekly maid visit to tidy up the house.

It's been 6 years since I carried a Palm device in my pocket, and it's been 6 years too long.
    Do you have an AT&T account? I'm thinking of doing the same and using it on T-Mobile, sounds like it was a big hassle for you. Did you get it activated in store with AT&T prepaid?
    I had called the AT&T store in Rockville, MD on Friday and had talked to a rep who knew about the Pre and the Touchstone. I went in yesterday around noon and transferred both my wife's and mine from T-Mobile to AT&T. My wife was going to get a Pixi, but since the Pixi is not here yet, the rep let her have the Pre till the Pixi comes in. There was a Palm rep too at the store and he checked with her if the Pixi is imminent and she said it will be released in June. Of course, it is confirmed today that it will be released on June 6th.

The only issue was that they did not have the Touchstones and they said they would mail it home in 10 business days.

The Palm rep gave me a quick demo and a Touchstone demo which I was already familiar with after seeing enough videos.

So far, things are good. I have to figure out how to substitute some of the things I was doing on Treo 680. I miss Natara Bonsai and Ultrasoft Money. I guess I have to get the Classic App for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    just got mine!! So excited, I'm really liking it so far, the build feels solid, no creaking or wiggle or nothing when its closed, some wiggle when open. Need to get used to the keyboard and smaller screen, but so far everything seems really nice. I'm also surprised by how fast it is, it seems everyones first complaint is that it is sluggish, but i'm not seeing that at all, coming from an iphone 3g.
    Congrats!!!! And enjoy

And I'm with you...I know I don't have a ton of stuff on it yet, but coming from the iPhone 3g, this thing feels quick. Can't wait to install overclocking as well in the coming weeks--it'll really be flying then.
    Quote Originally Posted by *****hay View Post
    Do you have an AT&T account? I'm thinking of doing the same and using it on T-Mobile, sounds like it was a big hassle for you. Did you get it activated in store with AT&T prepaid?
    I don't have an AT&T account. I just used that data package to activate the phone.

I activated it myself. I did it before leaving the store, but I could have left the store without activating it. I just chose not to, just in case I needed to be back.

Had I been to the third store first, and it would have been no trouble at all. As it turns out, that store is the closest to work, but for some reason I chose to start somewhere else. Go figure.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    If anyone was hoping to get a discount on the AT&T Pre Plus through the Developer Purchase Program, you won't. It's more expensive than if you were to get it contract-free through AT&T.
    OK, I got mine today. Had to pay full pop because I've already got an iPhone account and didn't want to add to another line and pay for another data account, plus I need my iPhone for work (we develop accessories for the Apple products), so I paid 399 plus I got the free touchstone with it. They seemed surprised it came free, they had no clue.

Of course the woman told me "you're gonna need a data account for that phone", I said yeah, I've got the iPhone account. She said well, don't be surprised if you get a bill for data since that's not the iPhone.

Can anyone add to this statement? I've never used a carrier phone in place of my iPhone before. WILL I get charged for data?

TIA
    That's why I hate AT&T corporate stores. The data price is even the same so why do you even need to keep accounting to them for every thing you do? GSM is not supposed to work like that!!

Smartphone data is on your account SIM and should work no matter what phone you have.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!