Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647 LastLast
    AT&T is one well-planned organization! Free Touchstones for everyone... just kidding. We don't have any. Sigh. Palm Pre launches today! Just kidding. We don't have any on display, nor will we be selling any until late summer.
    Just got mines for $161.99 ( with tax). It came with a free touchstone, wavied activation fee, $100 instant rebate plus a $100 mail in rebate. Phone will cost $61.99 after rebate. Woo Hoo!!
    My local store got in only 3, and I got two of those. I have been there so many times they had them waiting for me on the counter when I walked in. I had been waiting outside before opening for about 15 minutes. I got them for $149 which included an instant rebate. Since I had both phones on the same plan, they tried to tell me only one could use the special pricing but after a little arguement I got them both.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *****hay View Post
    Hahahaha just dropped by my AT&T store, spoke to the manager. He said the Palm Pre wasn't coming until the summer. I just walked out. Nothing more to say.
    What an ***** of a manager he is!
    AT&T is one well-planned organization! Free Touchstones for everyone... just kidding. We don't have any. Sigh. Palm Pre launches today! Just kidding. We don't have any on display, nor will we be selling any until late summer.
    You can just show him this picture and tell him summer came early this year it seems
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I must have gotten really lucky. I went to the first store in North Raleigh (North Hills) and they won't price match online pricing. I didn't even mention anything about premier pricing. As usual, the store in North Hills CSR are rather stuck up since they serve all the high end rich people.

So I went to another store, this time in Poyner Village (near the Triangle Town Center Mall, not the store inside the mall). The store was rather empty, maybe 1 or 2 customers. I talked to a nice young man, mentioned premier pricing and he said they can't match that. Then he offers to match the online pricing if it is indeed instant rebate. Sure enough it was and he matched it. He even knows about the Touchstone offer. This was the full Touchstone with power cylinder block and everything. So I walked out having paid $161.61.

So thrilled. I was resigned to ordering from Premier which does not have the Touchstone offer! YAY! NO REBATE TO DEAL WITH!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    i guess i m the only unlucky one..went to a at&t store on street rd and asked lady about buying with no-commitment price and she said they only have 2 units and both are on display, so can't sell and told to check tomorrow!
    i think she just made that up when i said no-commitment purchase..
    Don't mean to sound stupid, but what is "premier pricing"?
    Just bought mine 20 mins ago..

$149.99 + Tax on a 2 year contract.

MS Exchange works great with the Smartphone Personal $30 Plan..

Applied #FAN to get a corp discount of 18% on the monthly bill..

(one caveat: Unlimited plans are not covered by the corp discount..however the data plan is covered...)

No Activation fee..

touchstone will be mailed to me..got a receipt and a confirmation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm in Buffalo NY and the store I went to did not get any in, nor are they getting in on this weeks shipment. They told me one store nearby got 2 and another store got 3. So they sent out 5 phones to cover all the suburbs of Buffalo? Not good.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kipEE View Post
    Don't mean to sound stupid, but what is "premier pricing"?
    Premier pricing is for people that work for a business organization that gets a discount from ATT.
    Here's what I learned from the at&t store in san antonio. Cost is 249.99 and I could either get a mail in rebate for the store or use an instant rebate for accessories. Woldn't let me use it on the phone. We'll see if I think it's worth is but hopefully the phone does not disappoint!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Can anyone get it as an upgrade online? No stores in my area had it and it doesn't show up on my list of phones I can upgrade too...
    It sucks how differently each store handles some of their products.

Went to the closest AT&T corp store and said I wanted to buy it no-commitment. The guy said I can't because there's only 2. They could only be purchased with new contract or extension. He checked my account and said I wasn't eligible until May 2011. On the contrary, I called a AT&T authorized dealer earlier this week about the phone. The rep said I was eligible to upgrade May 30th of this month because I told her that I should just come back in about 2 weeks and she concurred.

So I went to another store that was 40 minutes away and they had 4 or 5. Bought the phone no-commitment. Came with touchstone. No hassle purchase and much better experience.

Looking to start patching, install uber kernel, and doctoring. But I just read on another post that uber kernel is not 1.4.2 compatible? Anyway, can't wait to start hacking away.
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybananas View Post

Looking to start patching, install uber kernel, and doctoring. But I just read on another post that uber kernel is not 1.4.2 compatible? Anyway, can't wait to start hacking away.
    Let me know how that goes. I want to hack, but don't have much time. Read there was great speed improvements available. There is probably a thread somewhere on just performance enhancements.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybananas View Post

Went to the closest AT&T corp store and said I wanted to buy it no-commitment. The guy said I can't because there's only 2. They could only be purchased with new contract or extension. He checked my account and said I wasn't eligible until May 2011. On the contrary, I called a AT&T authorized dealer earlier this week about the phone. The rep said I was eligible to upgrade May 30th of this month because I told her that I should just come back in about 2 weeks and she concurred.

So I went to another store that was 40 minutes away and they had 4 or 5. Bought the phone no-commitment. Came with touchstone. No hassle purchase and much better experience.

did the rep add any data plans to your acct?
    Well im glad to know im not the only one that didnt get a touchstone, i was pretty freaked out that i wasnt getting a 70 (at&t pricing) dollar item. As the guy is checking me out apparently a notification popped up about getting a free touchstone. They actually had some in store, but they said the SKU wasnt the same so they called their manager and he just told them to ship me a new one.
    I happily got the only Pre there, they had 4 in stock, 3 went on display, i walked out with the last one. Pretty ****ty launch if you ask me. There official website still had the option to sign up to be informed when its released (which i still havent recieved an email) No emails, no tv ads, nothing. But it still seems some people went out and bought it.

Im loving the phone right now... I couldnt figure how to discard the cards for like a half hour, finally gave up and read the instructions . but other than that everything has gone good. Got some apps, put some ringtones and sounds (for sms/mms) on there. Got a theme. So glad i decided to go with this.
    Hahahaha just dropped by my AT&T store, spoke to the manager. He said the Palm Pre wasn't coming until the summer. I just walked out. Nothing more to say.
    You sure it wasnt like a spring mobile or something of the sorts. because i walked in and asked them the same question (while my phone was getting sheilded) and they said the same thing. 5 minutes later i walked back in with it slid it open and showed them the At&t logo. They were all like "wwhhaatt?!?!?" i lol'd and told them it released today and left.
    I'm wondering if I was slightly ripped off with the price of my pre plus? The salesperson I was talking to admitted he hadn't been trained on the pre plus deal yet. Didn't know about the free touchstone or the built in 16GB (thought it needed the card), and had only messed with the phone for 2 hours all together.

He told me that the instant rebate available couldn't be used on the phone while buying it, so I opted for the mail-in rebate since they didn't have any accessories. I just wanna know if he was right about the instant rebate not covering the phone? Or is it based on the store (corporate at&t store).
    Quote Originally Posted by amistry View Post
    did the rep add any data plans to your acct?
    The store I got the Pre+ from, the rep did add a data plan. I said, "So the bill should not change for the month right? Since the data plan for the BB and palm are the same?" He said "Yes, it'll be the same, they're both $30 anyway."

I received a text message immediately as he was working on the computer and making adjustments. I'm hoping my bill does not change (it really shouldn't) but if it does, I'm gonna be pretty upset.

I'm always afraid to see the bill when prices are updated and need to be updated. I just checked my AT&T account and still see the BB 9700. I'll check again later.