Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 LastLast
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I'm actually going to go the Premier shipped route. It's an instant rebate on the website but no Touchstone. I don't really need the Touchstone as I already have two (from Radioshack offer). Besides, Best Buy is selling the Touchstone for $20 too. If I wait a couple of days more (I know! I can't believe I am waiting longer!), I don't have to deal with the rebate that will come in the form of a credit card.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Woo hoo!!! Finally just got mine & am posting my 1st post from it...I'll be playing all day
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Woo hoo!!! Finally just got mine & am posting my 1st post from it...I'll be playing all day
    Wow nice!! Hows the build quality, Firm slide action?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    Wow nice!! Hows the build quality, Firm slide action?
    Excellent so far from what I see...slider is nice & firm...keyboard is nice & responsive--no double letters..feels very solid.
    This is so exciting... after waiting forever (it seemed) its finally here! Now I just have to wait for BB to get them-- I let my son use my upgrade because his phone was falling apart and so I don't think I can do it online. I don't want the data plan attached to his number, so I think I need to do it in the store. The contract on his line was up in March.
    The waiting is hard, but at least I know they are available!
    Are you guys asking the stores how many they got in?
    Just got back from my local store. All around a mediocre experience. I was about 4th in line, but I don't think anyone in front of me was there for the Pre. When the sales guy called my name he first told me that they didn't have it yet and only after he conferred with another rep was he aware they got it today. Then he wasn't aware of the free touchstone and even after speaking with his assistant manager they basically said they weren't aware of it and couldn't give me one. And they weren't doing an instant rebate. But they did honor my $50 upgrade discount on my account.

So ultimately, I was $200 + tax and I'm going to call customer service to find out about the free touchstone.

Just finished putting my Skinomi on (and boy was that a challenge, but I wasn't letting anything dirty of the screen before I started playing).

Good luck to everyone else! Time to play with my fancy new Pre.
    At the store right now getting it activated as I type this. I am the first one getting it but the rep wasn't aware of the free touch stone charger. After a quick phone call to his manager I am getting that too now. The phone is for my wife so he is letting me walk out with it unactivated for all those interested...
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    What a load.........Can't upgrade online for existing customers... AT&T is so out of touch...

Chat below:

You are now chatting with Elva, an AT&T sales representative.

Elva: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?

Me: Palm Pre plus does not appear after I log in with my account. Is it not offered as an upgrade for existing customers?

Elva: I would be happy to assist you today.

Elva: Is your contract within 18 to 24 months?

Me: not currently on contract.

Elva: One moment please.

Me: For example, Iphone 3GS 16gb is 199.00 to upgrade my line. Palm doesnt show up as an option. It only shows up when NOT logged in.

Elva: Unfortunately it isn't being offered as a upgrade at this moment. Is there another phone you would like?
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Just picked mine up. Was the third in the place, 1st for the pre+. Staff really wasn't excited about the pre. They thought the android was a better phone, said it multi-tasks just as well (dense).

I feel like a sales person, after explaining a few features, they started to get interested.

I did indeed get it for $49. No activation fee. They had no touchstones for me at the moment. They were aware of the touchstone promo because it was on their computers. $100 instant rebate was available, but I didn't need anything. Already ordered gobs from Amazon. So they will be mailing me my touchstone when it arrives and the $100 rebate card.

Out the door today was ~$182 for me.

So far so good. I think I can sleep tonight now.
    Just got mine and charging it now. Got a steal it appears

2 year agreement savings: $150

Subtotal: $99
    Tax 8.75%: $35
    Total Amount due: 134.99

Shipping the touchstone to me, no mail in rebate.. FTW!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Just got mine and charging it now. Got a steal it appears

2 year agreement savings: $150

Subtotal: $99
    Tax 8.75%: $35
    Total Amount due: 134.99

Shipping the touchstone to me, no mail in rebate.. FTW!
    Congrats!
    Just got back from the store. I was the first in line, and probably the only one there for the Pre as well. The clerk told we that they got 5 in plus a demo, which had not yet been set up. The staff seemed interested, they teased the guy who was helping me b/c he hadn't finished the training.

I got lucky, the staff didn't know about the touchstone or the online deal so I had them match it and give me the instant rebate! They way it worked was they priced the phone down to $50, and in lieu of the rebate they sold me the Touchstone ($70) and threw in a free Belt Holster! ($30).

Pre + Touchstone + Belt Holster + NO REBATE!
    Total: $162.33

Unfortunately they didn't have a decent hard case, and neither did the Verizon and Sprint Stores in my area >.<b

Any recommendations for killer apps or games to download first?
    - Just got one in Anchorage AK
    - bought it outright - no contract
    - AT&T CSR did not "force" me onto $30 5GB data plan - so still on my real unlimited data plan (grandfathered from many years ago)
    - no Touchstone - these guys did not even know what a "Touchstone" was - they had zero accessories for the phone
    - store I went to had 6 in stock - there were 2 buyers at opening (me and a lady replacing a Treo 600 (!) - AT&T CSR looked at her phone like it had three heads
    - Phone is awfully slick (coming from a Treo Pro for the last 3 years) but the slide moves a tiny bit (left to right) when it is open.
    Just out of curiosity - how are people getting it in for $150 minus the $100 mail in rebate? I got mine for $250 minus the rebate and did not see anything online for $150. Is there something I am missing? The guy at the store was pretty helpful and can probably match the online price if there is indeed one...
    Hahahaha just dropped by my AT&T store, spoke to the manager. He said the Palm Pre wasn't coming until the summer. I just walked out. Nothing more to say.
    Here in Orlando the store I frequent was sold out. They said they only got 4 or 5 and there was a line outside the door when they opened, said they would get more next week.
    Wish I could have met those guys, like minded Pre admirers are in short supply in the general sense.
    Just got it, loving it so far. Figuring out how to make ringtones etc.

Got it for $288 (after taxes and fees and what have you) got the $100 mail in rebate and they will call me when they get the touchstone chargers in and I'll get one for free.

I got the last one they had in stock :3
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Just got mine! 399 plus tax. No touchstones in stock. Love the form factor. Really great size, comfortable to hold. Screen is sharp and crispy.
    Web OS is like liquid how it flows with animated transitions and very colorful modern icons.. Best notification system. Excellent multi-tasking, the cards system is a really fun way to switch between apps. Perfect except slight play in the slider when closed. Checked two both had it. I like the matte back finish and I think it does look better w/o the button on the front.