Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Let us also not forget there's going to be an $18 upgrade fee. Totally ridiculous!
    That fee is waived online. Will it be waived in the stores?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    So ATT wants you to pay $60 a month for tethering that is only applicable to one computer but they wouldn't let Palm keep the mobile hotspot app on the phone? Sounds about right for ATT.

They couldn't offer the free hotspot because of the there are too many iPhone users clogging the system watching videos and tv shows. They need some of them to switch over to Verizon and clog their system.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    who's gonna be first to get mobile hot spot in homebrew working? Plz report with speed tests from speedtest.net while tethered wirelessly.
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Anyone know if you were able to order the Verizon Pre Plus off of Palm's website the first day? Was hoping to get the AT&T Pre Plus as a developer device, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonic View Post
    That fee is waived online. Will it be waived in the stores?
    How do you get it to waive online? Is it automatic? Mine is not waived when I look at the final total.
    Retail Price $399.99
    Online Discount - $250.00
    AT&T Upgrade Advantage Discount - $100.00
    Total Due Today $49.99
    You Save $350.00
    Two-year contract required.

I am showing online pricing of $49.99. Is anyone else seeing that? Wonder if that in-store price will be the same? 2.5 hours for me to find out.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I just checked online and I'm still seeing the $149.99 price
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haman12 View Post
    Retail Price $399.99
    Online Discount - $250.00
    AT&T Upgrade Advantage Discount - $100.00
    Total Due Today $49.99
    You Save $350.00
    Two-year contract required.

I am showing online pricing of $49.99. Is anyone else seeing that? Wonder if that in-store price will be the same? 2.5 hours for me to find out.
    Still $149.99 here too. Where are you seeing this? Premier website?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    My $149.99 price was from the premier site, but he may have a company program that offers discounts for some devices. HP does that, but only on their own smartphones so I'll have to wait until the acquisition is closed to get any additional discount.
    sittin outside my local store waiting for them to open, 35 minutes to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by pgood14 View Post
    My $149.99 price was from the premier site, but he may have a company program that offers discounts for some devices. HP does that, but only on their own smartphones so I'll have to wait until the acquisition is closed to get any additional discount.
    I am just a small company owner of 9 employees. I do have the phone registered under my company name. Its been like 10+ years now. Have 5 on the plan, thats the limit. Been out of contract for 2 years probably by now. Still using my Treo 680, for 1.5 more hours.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    i log on to my account and cant even order it online for $150...it keeps putting the price at $249...also it shows the $18 upgrade free and no free touch stone...i went to the store and they told me the price is $249 with a $100 mail in rebate and they have no touchstones in the store, it would have to be mailed to me.....***
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techyforyou View Post
    sittin outside my local store waiting for them to open, 35 minutes to go!
    I'm waiting outside mine too...about 15 mins to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    How do you get it to waive online? Is it automatic? Mine is not waived when I look at the final total.
    It may have been since I was on Premier.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    is there an instant rebate in the store for the pre? my local store says no...mail in only..and the price is $249
    Same here. Just got back with my Pre. Man I've been waiting for a long time. Now I don't even know how to use the damn thing or how to get my data there. Learning curve time.

In any case, I was first in for a Pre at the Scarsdale, NY store. Folks there were nice but they seemed like the phone was more of a curiosity. In any case, they didn't have the touchstone, said it would be mailed to me. Rebate is mail-in. No $18 upgrade fee, though.

Off to go figure out things like Preware, Apps, and Synergy. In the meantime, My 2-year-old is enjoying my Centro.
    What has the turn out been like at the stores? Any others waiting?
    So I login online to see how much this will cost if I buy thru AT&T's website:

Package: PalmŪ Pre (TM) Plus Package $399.99
    Online Instant Discount - $250.00
    Device: PalmŪ Pre (TM) Plus - Black Included
    Plan: Nation Unlimited $69.99
    Services: Smartphone Personal with tethering $60.00
    Accessories: Touchstone Charging Dock - Palm(1) Included

One-time Activation Fee (included on first bill) waived

*Subtotal $149.99

So based on that, I even get the Touchstone free online. Then I realized that I wasn't logged in (even though I did) and it was treating me as a new customer. After I login again, my Premier site says its $149.99 (instant rebate) without the Touchstone. At that point if I add to cart, it goes back to $249.99. Since the stores are not open yet, I cannot compare at this time. It seems like everyone's experience will vary. That's just great.
    got in store for 250+tax and will get 100 mail in rebate, they did not receive touchstone, will need to pick up in couple of days

I'm a happppppppy man
    Any non-committal buyers report back their findings?!