Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Just dropped by my store here in san diego.

Good news: every employee had a pre in their pocket

Bad news: you wouldnt know it unless you asked for it. i told the senior rep their that they should put them out for the people to see.

Good news: from what i got was that they had lots in inventory and it was going to be sold tomorrow.

Bad new: i asked if they pre purchase one and pick it up tomorrow, answer was no because it was not in the system for selling yet.

Good or bad news: Price w/ 2yr conract $150, outright $399.

My suggestion or option for those who are upgrading - maybe buy it outright and save your upgrade incase somthing better comes up later on this year. i am going to buy it outright.
    So, in anticipation of tomorrow, I've got a 1.5A dual USB car adapter plugged in, a cable run, and a touchstone ready to go where I think I'll want it. I'm waiting to stick it on until I can have the phone placed on it. So literally I can walk out of the store and have my touchstone all ready to go I'll probably set up the one by my desk at home as well, and I have the one ready to go in my bag for work on Monday. Now if I can just contain myself these last ~13 hours.
    Called the Montebello/LA store. They have only 3 in stock. I asked if they would reserve one for me. They said that is normally not done. But since I called 20 times they'll snag one for me (guess the guys recognized my voice)

They are not expecting a rush on the PRE's. (I suspect not as well considering the att PRE stealth marketing plan)
    Just called my store here in New Orleans and was told 'we will be selling them tomorrow and we have plenty in stock'. The CSR then proceeded to tell me that he first saw the phone a few days ago and was blown away by how nice it was and was probably going to get one himself.

ATT should be embarrassed at how little they are doing to market this device. The main ATT Wireless page does not even have it listed and the 'Backflip' is the featured phone. When I called the store the recorded message said 'welcome to ATT, home of the iPhone 3GS'.

It almost seems that they want this phone to sell poorly - anyone have any thoughts as to why they are doing their best to 'hide' the launch of it? I mean without this forum I wouldn't even have known about it. And as far as the facebook fan page goes - why use that to announce it instead of actually sending an email to those of us that signed up on ATT to be on the list 'to get more details'?
    Last edited by snvyas; 05/15/2010 at 07:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    Just dropped by my store here in san diego.

Good news: every employee had a pre in their pocket

Bad news: you wouldnt know it unless you asked for it. i told the senior rep their that they should put them out for the people to see.

Good news: from what i got was that they had lots in inventory and it was going to be sold tomorrow.

Bad new: i asked if they pre purchase one and pick it up tomorrow, answer was no because it was not in the system for selling yet.

Good or bad news: Price w/ 2yr conract $150, outright $399.

My suggestion or option for those who are upgrading - maybe buy it outright and save your upgrade incase somthing better comes up later on this year. i am going to buy it outright.
    Nice! I'm also in San Diego. Which store did you go to? I'm planning on paying the full price and keeping my upgrade also. $399 is a reasonable price for sure! Wonder if we get a free touchstone w/o contract purchase?
    Yea, I called 3 stores. 2 in Santa Monica said they didn't have any in stock yet, but were anticipating getting them in time for tomorrow. The 3rd store wouldn't give me how many they had, but said they did have them in stock. Silly guy following the rules :P
    Does anyone know how much it will be before rebate, but with a 2 year contract?

I want to grab this on Sunday, but I'd like to know how much I'm paying upfront before I go.
    Quote Originally Posted by snvyas View Post
    Just called my store here in New Orleans and was told 'we will be selling them tomorrow and we have plenty in stock'. The CSR then proceeded to tell me that he first saw the phone a few days ago and was blown away by how nice it was and was probably going to get one himself.

ATT should be embarrassed at how little they are doing to market this phone. The main ATT Wireless page does not even have it listed and the 'Backflip' is the featured phone. When I called the store the recorded message said 'welcome to ATT, home of the iPhone 3GS'. It almost seems they want this phone to sell badly - anyone have any thoughts as to why they are doing their best to 'hide' the launch of this phone? I mean without this forum I wouldn't even have known about it. And as far as facebook - it took me forever to even find their stupid page...
    ATT typically doesn't market a phone before it is launched. They begin their marketing afterwards. See the Backflip as an example. I don't think ATT is trying to "hide" the launch. All of their launch products outside of the iPhone are soft. And even after the launch don't expect them to bombard the airwaves with commercials.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by dukel View Post
    Nice! I'm also in San Diego. Which store did you go to? I'm planning on paying the full price and keeping my upgrade also. $399 is a reasonable price for sure! Wonder if we get a free touchstone w/o contract purchase?
    chula vista mall on H street.
    Quote Originally Posted by HWReaver View Post
    Does anyone know how much it will be before rebate, but with a 2 year contract?

I want to grab this on Sunday, but I'd like to know how much I'm paying upfront before I go.
    $250. The rebate is a $100 card that they'll mail to you.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Hopefully Buffalo stores has lots of stock...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Wonder if theres any hidden fees or taxes ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by HWReaver View Post
    Wonder if theres any hidden fees or taxes ;_;
    From the card I got back a couple of years with my Treo 680, you need to use it within a certain time. I recall it was somewhere between 6-18 months, which is pretty reasonably. After that, they take the money back. But really, if you can't figure out something to spend $100 on in even 6 months, you don't even buy groceries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt321 View Post
    So, in anticipation of tomorrow, I've got a 1.5A dual USB car adapter plugged in, a cable run, and a touchstone ready to go where I think I'll want it. I'm waiting to stick it on until I can have the phone placed on it. So literally I can walk out of the store and have my touchstone all ready to go I'll probably set up the one by my desk at home as well, and I have the one ready to go in my bag for work on Monday. Now if I can just contain myself these last ~13 hours.
    13 or 23? still 18:54:00 to go

my snaps, touchstone is in my car from last two days

Just spoke with 3 store reps

1st: we have 6 in stock for now

2nd: not giving any info on how many they have

3rd: no info on how many in stock, but no touchstone free if you by it outright for 399.99
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Filjosh; 05/15/2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Best Buy selling Touchstones for $19.99 - if you don't get one for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    The AT&T store I called in NorCal said the price is $149 + tax as they are doing instant rebates this month. And it will be for sale on Sunday.

I don't know if that's true for all corporate stores or if its even true at all. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPilot View Post
    The AT&T store I called in NorCal said the price is $149 + tax as they are doing instant rebates this month. And it will be for sale on Sunday.

I don't know if that's true for all corporate stores or if its even true at all. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
    hope that's the case.. will see around 11AM tomorrow (hope the app catalog issue is fixed by then, wouldn't be a good first impression for new users).
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Hope I don't have too many competitors in Westchester, NY for the Pre+ tomorrow. Both stores within reach that I called only have three. The tension mounts!
    The store I visited in Atlanta is getting it tomorrow...am glad.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    chula vista mall on H street.
    Ok thats too far for me. Good to know they will have them tommorow.