Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I think that V is the only carrier charging a 'special' ETF for smartphones. But the poster may want to check ATT's website to be sure.
    Even if the ETF is higher, that bodes well in favor of purchasing the device at the off-contract price instead.

3 DAYS!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    399 from AT&T, after that you need to call 611 for unlocking your phone
    Wait I thought you need to wait some time first?

And they won't unlock for non-customers no?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Wait I thought you need to wait some time first?

And they won't unlock for non-customers no?
    Nope, they don't, I thought you said, you want on AT&T 3G?
    Review up on the front page, according to deiter the hardware is best yet for a pre.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    May want to double check if it's only $175 ETF for Pre+...a lot of times providers (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, etc.) charge that for 'basic' phone, but it's $300+ for smartphone type devices.

Just don't want you to find a 'surprise' if you go to end and the ETF is higher than you initially thought.
    I wouldn't be surprised. But based on the page AT&T has had up for sometime now the small print doesn't indicate there would be any special ETF.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Even if the ETF is higher, that bodes well in favor of purchasing the device at the off-contract price instead.

2 DAYS, 23 hours, 45 minutes !

Less than 3 days!
    2 DAYS, 23 hours, 45 minutes !
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    If Canada has AT&T sure...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Toni, as you know the Pre+ being released this Sunday is locked to ATT. So unless you sign up for ATT you can't get the phone. And you need a address here in the US. But I'm sure that you are aware of this.

At this point you're out of luck until if and when Palm decides to release an unlocked version.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Hehehehehehe. Heck, just give a call to Ralph de la Vega and I'm sure he'll pipe AT&T service to you in Toronto Toni
    I am an ATT customer and plan to move my SIM from the Treo 680 to the Pre+. The unlock is in case I travel to Europe or want to sell the phone.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Toni, as you know the Pre+ being released this Sunday is locked to ATT. So unless you sign up for ATT you can't get the phone. And you need a address here in the US. But I'm sure that you are aware of this.

At this point you're out of luck until if and when Palm decides to release an unlocked version.
    1. Yes, I'm fully aware that it's locked. The unlock is already available, as Barry confirmed NextGen's unlock works for the US HSPA board.
    2. I'm buying it full price without contract.
    3. I do have an address in the US, I can use my US office. I did that for my AT&T prepaid card.
    4. As far as I understand, the only phone that requires activation in-store is the iPhone. And as I mentioned a few posts earlier, AT&T does mention an "unactivated" price in their terms and conditions. Which does mean on policy they do sell phones unactivated. And if anything I'll use my prepaid card to make sure the phone works.

1. Yes, I'm fully aware that it's locked. The unlock is already available, as Barry confirmed NextGen's unlock works for the US HSPA board.
    2. I'm buying it full price without contract.
    3. I do have an address in the US, I can use my US office. I did that for my AT&T prepaid card.
    4. As far as I understand, the only phone that requires activation in-store is the iPhone. And as I mentioned a few posts earlier, AT&T does mention an "unactivated" price in their terms and conditions. Which does mean on policy they do sell phones unactivated. And if anything I'll use my prepaid card to make sure the phone works.
    Ok.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Will it work with different GSM operators in europe? Or will it need jailbreak etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isirel View Post
    Will it work with different GSM operators in europe? Or will it need jailbreak etc.?
    oh boy here we go again..............

North american 3G frequencies and European 3 G european frequencies are different. Unlocked european Pre's will only work for 2 G EDGE data in North America, and unlocked north American Pre's will only work for 2G data in europe.
    I can confirm it works on the North American HSPA board used in the Telcel Palm Pre. I can also confirm the comm boards appear to be the same. We won't know until after Sunday whether NextGen's unlock works on the AT&T Palm Pre Plus for sure, however, thus far the odds look pretty good.

Dieter already noted a change in the Phone preferences which does not allow the user to switch between 2G and 3G manually, but that's most likely a WebOS change and not reflected by a change in hw.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/13/2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: changed HOE WEAVER to however
    any updates if the touchstone is for new contracts only? or if full price w/o contract will get them too?
    I just chatted with AT&T, here's the log:

Derrick S.: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?

Calvin: actually i want to ask a question about purchasing in store

Derrick S.: Hello Calvin! I am happy to assist you with your ques tions.

Calvin: do AT&T stores sell phones without any activation?

Calvin: like i buy the phone and walk out with no service?

Derrick S.: The store do offer no phones with no contracts Calvin.

Calvin: but without service?

Derrick S.: Yes you would be able to purchase a phone with no service.

Calvin: what about the palm pre plus to be released on may 16?

Calvin: can i buy that with no service?

Derrick S.: That would be based on a store by store basis. It would depend on that stores policy for new releases.

Calvin: so stores set their own policy, and AT&T does not have such a policy?

Derrick S.: This is correct Calvin.

Calvin: thanks a lot

Derrick S.: You are very welcome.
    So I guess it's wish me good luck convincing the store to sell me one... how many stores are there in Buffalo I can try?

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Reading Dieter's review just make me want my Pre Plus even more! Tomorrow is Friday... soon... soon... I kept telling myself!
    Just had to triple check. So, I went into an AT&T store here in Missouri. Employee showed me confirmation on her screen. She knew quite a bit about it and past Palm PDAs/Smartphones. Bummer that she also knew why we won't get the mobile hotspot feature at this time. Oh well... Goodbye Mr Centro
    Man's ultimate happiness...acquisition of the coolest toys
    Got Text from my local ATT store that the Touchstones will be available for both renewal and new contracts. This is contrary to my discussion with the 611 CSR.