Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soloque View Post
    yeah that thingamajig that charges the ghost of a phone. I actually ordered two from radioshack last friday and they cancelled my order b/c they were out of stock.
    Go to Bestbuy and do price match, I got like that only as radio shack was out
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    Go to Bestbuy and do price match, I got like that only as radio shack was out
    Great idea Filjosh!
    Those heading to Best Buy better hurry. I suspect the run on Touchstone's from everyone getting them at Radio Shack's price match might run Best Buy out of stock too!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    You can pricematch OOS items?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You can pricematch OOS items?
    as far as they can see it online, if see oos on shack then ur out of luck
    Talked to a corp rep

Me: how many units are you going to get?
    Rep: 3 to 4
    Me: why?
    Rep: we need to see how it sale
    Me: how many iphones do u get
    Rep: that is different case

After wards when it will be sold out every were still report will say Pre Plus on AT&T go sold less than 50% of iphone
    Talked to a corp rep

After wards when it will be sold out every were still report will say Pre Plus on AT&T go sold less than 50% of iphone
    I know and ATT is hedging its bet but that is ok. But as I said this morning, you can't worry about what the pundits will say. If you like the phone get it. The pundits will always have something to say.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Hmm, I'm just worried that it'll affect my import plans. I need 2 units, one for myself and another for a friend.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Talked to a corp rep

Well, you really can't blame them after what happened with verizon. And also who is comparing webos sales to iPhone? Obviously they won't even be close, but as long as the pre chugs along and gets it fair share things will be ok.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Thought of another thing... will Best Buy and Wal-Mart carry any? They do sell AT&T phones.

Maybe can buy direct from them with no activation.

I just can’t help but wonder if everyone not on ATT will see a 1.4.2 (or the rumored 1.4.5) update that brings increased speed as noted on the ATT Pre Plus testing? Or is it just in their heads?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    walmart here wasn't gonna get cuz he had to sell his current phones first. best buy said later this month. radio shack said end of month. either they don't really know it is launching, there isn't enough stock, or AT&T will get it exclusively for short time. all guesses on my part.

got myself a "tombstone" charger though from radio shack.
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by JHNSTN00 View Post
    walmart here wasn't gonna get cuz he had to sell his current phones first. best buy said later this month. radio shack said end of month. either they don't really know it is launching, there isn't enough stock, or AT&T will get it exclusively for short time. all guesses on my part.

I just left radioshack and got two "tombstone" docks and a car charger. The docks were 19.99 and one of them came with a Pre Back!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Thought of another thing... will Best Buy and Wal-Mart carry any? They do sell AT&T phones.

Maybe can buy direct from them with no activation.
    Avoid BB, they charge more than the carrier does for no contract phones. They offer great prices for contracts, but horrible pricing if you aren't getting one.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Well my bigger concern is, is there anyone who's willing to sell unactivated.

Bell here in Canada made it clear you can't leave the store unless the phone is activated.

Quote Originally Posted by JHNSTN00 View Post

Even if this is an AT&T Exclusive launch, I dont think we are going to see a long queue in any AT&T retail store.. Not many know the elegance of webos...

"The sheep only flock around the iphone"
    Connected with AT&T customer server (611). 45 min discussion. She thought the touchstone promo was for new accounts only. She also thought that the touchstone would be shipped as a follow on after the sign up. This implies that you might not be walking out with the touchstone.
    This isn't germane to the Touchstone charge base, but I stopped by a fairly large ATT store traveling in Meridian Ms, and they actually had all the ATT phones displayed, so I got my hopes up, hey, this store is huge and they've got all these phones, I'm SURE they will know the dirt on the Palm phones. Wrong! The sales guys said all the have received is their dummy phone, no videos, no training, no training units yet. They knew nothing about launch date. I wonder if they were lying or telling the truth. I told them the launch date was to be on or around 16th, and they said I knew more than they did.

Oh well, that was depressing to say the least.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Man, this Sunday can't get here soon enough--can't wait to get my hands on my Pre+ and begin the fun
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Man, this Sunday can't get here soon enough--can't wait to get my hands on my Pre+ and begin the fun
    Yeah, agreed. But, after the recent posts, I'm worried that some stores either won't have them or will have so few that I, or any other of us, ends up without (at least on Sunday).
    4 days