Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    I'm sure the trick to extract from the Verizon doctor will still work...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If they have it sure, but I somewhat doubt it they would put this up early.
    how to get it from Dev's site?
    Quote Originally Posted by JHNSTN00 View Post
    write on AT&T facebook page if you think Free HotSpot should be on the Pre Plus. Login | Facebook

Get $20 touchstone at Radio Shack if in stock.
    or else just do the Price match at BestBuy, I did
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You can't activate the phone without data.
    my prepaid has data. every now and then i buy the 100meg data package. do you think i can get it activated that way? how about i ask at&t to activate my phone before leaving the store? you think they will do it?

oh well, i may have to buy it outright, get a voice and data plan for a month, and then cancel.

hope one of these options will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    my prepaid has data. every now and then i buy the 100meg data package. do you think i can get it activated that way? how about i ask at&t to activate my phone before leaving the store? you think they will do it?

oh well, i may have to buy it outright, get a voice and data plan for a month, and then cancel.

hope one of these options will work.
    Think it should. That's what I'm planning to do as well. Have a card I bought last time when on a business trip. Need to activate my phone first since I don't want the phone to become grey marketed.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    WAIT A MINUTE!!! Are you telling me, the guy who rubbed it in ALL of our noses that HE was using an unlocked GSM Pre, while we were all dying, couldn't score a phone for his beloved??? Shame, Barry, Shame!!!
    She can use my unlocked Telcel Palm Pre, but really wants the Pixi Plus for its form factor/size!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    When will AT&T send us the email of availability???

Coming Soon – Palm webOS™
    Life moves fast – don't miss a thing

Sign up today and we'll send you an email reminder as soon as Palm® Pre™ Plus and Palm® Pixi™ Plus are available for purchase
    Be nice to get some more communications.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    She can use my unlocked Telcel Palm Pre, but really wants the Pixi Plus for its form factor/size!
    I know--- so do I!!! I will have the Pixi on ATT, when it's here.
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I agree, Sooby. I think this sets up very poorly for Palm, again. People will wait because of the price; the media will say "See, the Pre ISN"T selling at ATT, either!" It will look like another botched launch, and you know what? It just might be!
    Well, one can't blame Palm for this b/c the carrier sets the price that they'll sell a phone for. Palm has no say in what ATT, Sprint, O2, V, Vodaphone, China Telecom, SFR, Bell or anyone decides at what price point to sell Palm phones for or when to discount them.

I do think that mail-in rebates hurt sales b/c studies have shown that people are concerned about the cost of the initial buy-in when it comes to purchasing a phone.

I don't think it's fair to say that b/c V has the phone for $30 that ATT should also sell it for $30. They're carriers with different tech. If ATT was a CDMA carrier, I may say that ATT should start selling at $99, but ATT uses HSPA/GSM and not CDMA. Even Sprint doesn't match V so why should ATT?

There's nothing wrong with waiting 30 days if you're on ATT to see if the price comes down. Personally, I'll buy it on Sunday.

And even if ATT did match V out of the gate, the pundits would jump all over it and say something to the effect that ATT doesn't believe the phones can sell well or something to that effect. Pundits are going to talk no matter what. I'm going to buy the phone and enjoy it no matter what pundits may say and so should you when you feel comfortable with the price.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I'll be buying on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    how to get it from Dev's site?
    Palm USA | Developer Phones

I've been waiting since January 7th 2009, when it was first announced. I've been able to upgrade since last March.

I'LL BE THERE SUNDAY!!!!!!!
    I will be getting on this sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by haman12 View Post
    When will AT&T send us the email of availability???

Be nice to get some more communications.
    I was thinking the same thing....you would think the emails would be delivered this week!
    The website clearly says that you'll get an email when the phone is available for purchase. The phone won't be available for purchase until Sunday. So you wouldn't receive an email before that day. ATT's FB page did say that they'll be providing more information in the coming days. I would guess that means something like an official press release.
    I am trying to figure out why the tombstone goes on sale on the 15th....according to the att site.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soloque View Post
    I am trying to figure out why the tombstone goes on sale on the 15th....according to the att site.
    LOL! You mean the Touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by soloque View Post
    Um, I don't know about the tombstone but what page does it show the touchstone going on sale on the 15th?

Edit: nevermind I see it on the page.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=playboy;2445756]Um, I don't know about the tombstone but what page does it show the touchstone going on sale on the 15th?

LOL, good ol' tombstone:

Palm webOS™ - Palm® Pre™ Plus & Palm® Pixi™ Plus - Wireless from AT&T
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    LOL! You mean the Touchstone?
    yeah that thingamajig that charges the ghost of a phone. I actually ordered two from radioshack last friday and they cancelled my order b/c they were out of stock.