Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Toni,
    Why not just buy one direct from Palm at the developer site?

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    So I read through the terms.

So I highlighted some points there, it does mention "subscriber" needs an address, and a "two-year contract and new activation required". I think that only applies to the $149 price. Since in the next line they say sales tax applies to "unactivated" device pricing, and if they don't sell "unactivated" devices, then how do they collect taxes?

Anyhow, I posted on HoFo, there's some AT&T reps there who can shed some light...

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - ATT Rep: Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybananas View Post
    Can't wait for this but the pricing is questionable. I'm gonna need to depart my beloved 9700 soon.
    depart? tear apart? depart from the vicinity of it, or maybe you mean deport it?
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/10/2010 at 08:27 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    depart? tear aprat? depart from the vicinity of it, or maybe you mean deport it?
    Yes, I'll be leaving my 9700 for the Pre Plus. Played with one in a Verizon store a few days ago and liked it.

Depart | Define Depart at Dictionary.com
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybananas View Post
    Yes, I'll be leaving my 9700 for the Pre Plus. Played with one in a Verizon store a few days ago and liked it.

Depart | Define Depart at Dictionary.com
    Personally, if I had a 9700, I'd deport it!
    6 days
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    6 days
    Stop it! I'm dying here! Being a cheapskate I am, I'm so tempted to wait a couple of weeks to see if the price drops. I've been eligible to update since early April. After waiting so long (since Sprint's debut last June), I can't believe I'm even considering waiting longer! Ugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Stop it! I'm dying here! Being a cheapskate I am, I'm so tempted to wait a couple of weeks to see if the price drops. I've been eligible to update since early April. After waiting so long (since Sprint's debut last June), I can't believe I'm even considering waiting longer! Ugh!
    Promised my girlfirend a Pixi Plus for her birthday. That was April 10th. Now I'm still stuck waiting for a release date so I can give her the good news.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Well even though I'd like to try and wait a few more weeks to see if the price drops--I just can't, I need the Pre+!!!! lol I'm like an addict...I'm so friggin happy right now reading that AT&T has officially reported that it's launching 5/16.

And I too will now have 3 touchstones but it's all good I'll find a use for all of them
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Promised my girlfirend a Pixi Plus for her birthday. That was April 10th. Now I'm still stuck waiting for a release date so I can give her the good news.
    Surprise her with the Pre+..or does she absolutely want/need the Pixi+ form factor?
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    WAIT A MINUTE!!! Are you telling me, the guy who rubbed it in ALL of our noses that HE was using an unlocked GSM Pre, while we were all dying, couldn't score a phone for his beloved??? Shame, Barry, Shame!!!
    tim
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    I agree, Sooby. I think this sets up very poorly for Palm, again. People will wait because of the price; the media will say "See, the Pre ISN"T selling at ATT, either!" It will look like another botched launch, and you know what? It just might be!
    tim
    im going to see if i can buy mine without a contract and get it activated as well. going to use my att prepaid sim on it. if the price is 399, i may go for it. i think thats reasonable price for a non contract phone
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    im going to see if i can buy mine without a contract and get it activated as well. going to use my att prepaid sim on it. if the price is 399, i may go for it. i think thats reasonable price for a non contract phone

But without an unlimited data plan, WebOS is no fun.
    yeah i know.

i dont really surf too much. only use it to check my email on the go. i usually use the free wi-fi at the airport when im on the go or when im home.

cant really justify paying 70 bucks a month for a phone and data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I agree, Sooby. I think this sets up very poorly for Palm, again. People will wait because of the price; the media will say "See, the Pre ISN"T selling at ATT, either!" It will look like another botched launch, and you know what? It just might be!
    We're surely not seeing the numbers of P|C members in anxious anticipation as we did with those waiting for the Sprint release.
    HP/Palm is really going to have to get the public WebOS aware, or this will also be a lack luster launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    We're surely not seeing the numbers of P|C members in anxious anticipation as we did with those waiting for the Sprint release.
    HP/Palm is really going to have to get the public WebOS aware, or this will also be a lack luster launch.
    Well I have only been around a couple months, but was there this much excitement around the verizon launch?
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Nope,
    Surely not like Sprint by any means. But still better than what i'm seeing here for At&t.
    Toni,
    Why not just buy one direct from Palm at the developer site?
    If they have it sure, but I somewhat doubt it they would put this up early.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    You can't activate the phone without data.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    write on AT&T facebook page if you think Free HotSpot should be on the Pre Plus. Login | Facebook

Get $20 touchstone at Radio Shack if in stock.
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1