Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    $149.99 after rebate. Are you KIDDING ME??!!!
    I guess i WONT upgrade on the 16th. Ill give it another month and wait until they realize that they priced the phone INSANELY high
    Have they said what data plan will be needed?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtopper View Post
    $149.99 after rebate. Are you KIDDING ME??!!!
    I guess i WONT upgrade on the 16th. Ill give it another month and wait until they realize that they priced the phone INSANELY high
    Yeah that's some weird pricing strategy there. I'm not sure it'll be a month before pricing drops I can see $99 max with the Touchstone but $150 is just nuts for a device that, no matter how much I love it, isn't worth $150 after rebate.
    For those heading to Best Buy - do they usually get their phones on the same day? Would they have it on May 16 as well? And do they follow the same off-contract prices of the carrier?

I'm just thinking I could use a couple gift cards I've had for awhile and pick it up there. The free touchstone would be nice, but having already ordered my accessories, it's not necessary.
    Can't wait for this but the pricing is questionable. I'm gonna need to depart my beloved 9700 soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bela41 View Post
    For those heading to Best Buy - do they usually get their phones on the same day? Would they have it on May 16 as well? And do they follow the same off-contract prices of the carrier?

I'm just thinking I could use a couple gift cards I've had for awhile and pick it up there. The free touchstone would be nice, but having already ordered my accessories, it's not necessary.
    I would hope that BB will have the phones on May 16th but I'm not sure. I think that BB released them the same day as Sprint and V. For people whom don't want to pay the rebate, going to BB is the best route.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    BB Update: I called one of my local stores and as I thought, they're not getting it right away. I was told that they would get it in a couple of weeks. I'm gonna find some way to get the corp store rep to give me a instant rebate or some sort of discount on my bill.
    Since Verizon is currently offering the phone I want for $29.99, with a comparable plan at a comparable price, why should I stay with AT&T? I have been with AT&T since cell phones weighed 10 lbs. and came in a box, way before the Cingular nightmere, and when customer service was the priority. I am reluctant to switch after such a long history with AT&T, but honestly can’t come up with a reason not to make the change and was hoping you could come up with something.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlyB View Post
    Since Verizon is currently offering the phone I want for $29.99, with a comparable plan at a comparable price, why should I stay with AT&T? I have been with AT&T since cell phones weighed 10 lbs. and came in a box, way before the Cingular nightmere, and when customer service was the priority. I am reluctant to switch after such a long history with AT&T, but honestly can’t come up with a reason not to make the change and was hoping you could come up with something.
    If you think AT&T's customer service is bad, you wont ever want to deal with anything verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlyB View Post
    For me, I want the GSM technology so switching to V would be a no go for me.
    Reasons to stay on AT&T:

Verizon's $350 ETF is way too high, AT&T's still $175. $400 no contract outright is way better than $600 for a phone you can't even use on other networks. You can get the AT&T Pre unlocked for overseas use if you travel. Thank you for having a reasonable no contract price, AT&T!

I'll be checking Craig's in a few weeks for sellers of the Pre Plus

Of course, if you don't plan on canceling, traveling or buying no contract, then Verizon does look much sweeter at $30.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    None of the solutions I saw on PreCentral forums are elegant. It just look tacky stuck on the AC vent. Until there's a better solution, I think I may pass putting the Touchstone in my car. I did buy the Palm car charger from RS and I do do drive a lot. I put at least 600-700 miles a week in my car.
    The only limit here is your creativity.

Once I get a hold of another 2 Touchstones (one for the office, one for the car), then I'm sticking it to a windshield mount. Just need to figure out the wiring...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    On another note... I wonder will it be available as a developer device?

399.99 - 20% would be SWEET.

And another thing, if I just walk into an AT&T store to buy one without activating it, would they make a big fuss about it and not sell?

I know carriers in Canada all do that. At least Bell does.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Well, the $249 Up front price kinda just killed the chances of me getting it on release day. Hopefully the price will drop soon, or I may just convince myself to get it anyway.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

And another thing, if I just walk into an AT&T store to buy one without activating it, would they make a big fuss about it and not sell?

Yes. I think the terms of ATT's webOS page says that the device must be activated with a US billing address. So you won't be able to walk into a ATT store and buy the device without activating it. At least I don't think that you'll be able to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Reasons to stay on AT&T:

Verizon's $350 ETF is way too high, AT&T's still $175. $400 no contract outright is way better than $600 for a phone you can't even use on other networks. You can get the AT&T Pre unlocked for overseas use if you travel. Thank you for having a reasonable no contract price, AT&T!

I'll be checking Craig's in a few weeks for sellers of the Pre Plus

Of course, if you don't plan on canceling, traveling or buying no contract, then Verizon does look much sweeter at $30.
    i agree with what you said. I travel overseas and I like having my GSM phone.
  17. 3FC
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    As much as I wanted this phone right now, I've been considering waiting for the price to drop like others.. but now I think I'm gonna have to upgrade right away. I dropped my centro in water yesterday and it looks like it's not gonna pull through I called to get a replacement and they are sending me a propel pro instead. Not so sure about that, it's not my centro I love so much!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    On another note... I wonder will it be available as a developer device?

399.99 - 20% would be SWEET.

i do want to know how the off-contract purchase works?
    Other benefit of AT&T vs. Verizon PrePlus, you can talk and use data at the same time on AT&T because of GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Yes. I think the terms of ATT's webOS page says that the device must be activated with a US billing address. So you won't be able to walk into a ATT store and buy the device without activating it. At least I don't think that you'll be able to do so.
    So I read through the terms.

Limited-time offer. Other conditions & restrictions apply. See contract & rate plan brochure for details. Subscriber must live & have a mailing addr. within AT&T's owned wireless network coverage area. Up to $36 activ. fee applies. Equipment price & avail may vary by market & may not be available from independent retailers. Early Termination Fee: None if cancelled in the first 30 days, but up to $35 restocking fee may apply to equipment returns; thereafter up to $175. Some agents impose add’l fees. Unlimited voice services: Unltd voice svcs are provided primarily for live dialog between two individuals. No additional discounts are available with unlimited plan. Offnet Usage: If your mins of use (including unltd svcs) on other carrier's networks ("offnet usage") during any two consecutive months or your data use during any month exceeds your offnet usage allowance, AT&T may at its option terminate your svc, deny your contd use of other carriers' coverage, or change your plan to one imposing usage charges for offnet usage. Your offnet usage allowance is equal to the lesser of 750 mins or 40% of the Anytime mins incl’d with your plan (data offnet usage allowance is the lesser of 24 MB or 20% of the KB incl’d with your plan). Sales tax calculated based on price of unactivated equipment.

Two-year contract and new activation required
    . Online offers are available for a limited time. Credit approval and other restrictions apply. Service is not available in all areas. See coverage map for details. Sales tax calculated based on price of unactivated phone for certain customers. More bars claim compares AT&T's network before to after merger.

In order to protect AT&T and its customers from fraudulent activity, we limit the number of phones and services that may be ordered online by a single individual or entity.

AT&T imposes: a Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge of up to $1.25 to help defray costs incurred in complying with obligations and charges imposed by State and Federal telecom regulations; State and Federal Universal Service charges; and surcharges for government assessments on AT&T. These fees are not taxes or government-required charges.
    So I highlighted some points there, it does mention "subscriber" needs an address, and a "two-year contract and new activation required". I think that only applies to the $149 price. Since in the next line they say sales tax applies to "unactivated" device pricing, and if they don't sell "unactivated" devices, then how do they collect taxes?

Anyhow, I posted on HoFo, there's some AT&T reps there who can shed some light...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...4&page=8&pp=15
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 05/10/2010 at 07:14 PM.