Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 937
  1. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    It can't be completely uncharged... I think all Pres are charged with battery sitting in the phone already. At least that's how mine came.
    Right, but considering ATT hasn't sold a Palm phone since they stopped selling the Centro, I'm not sure he would have known that. I didn't want to pressure him into doing something he wasn't comfortable with, and I am really pleased that he got such a quick answer for me.
    tim
  2. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #42  
    Well, I actually got to hold the ATT phone today! It really wasn't anything that different or exciting, other than the fact it said "ATT" on the front of it. It was a full working model; the kid actually took his sim out of his iPhone and plugged it in. I was really hoping they would have had the Pixi as well, so I could do some side-by-side tests, but no. It was pretty sweet, however.

    They had no idea when the actual live date will be, or anything about pricing, but they did say they are going to training in the coming week or so, for what it's worth.
    tim
  3. #43  
    Kwel
  4. #44  
    Very kwel!
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Kwel
  5. #45  
    I you have an ATT Pre, as of today you can finally access the apps catalog, and everything finally works.. This means that release date is moving closer..
  6. #46  
    Yes I also wish the Pixi Plus is released along side the At&t Pre Plus.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordielordie View Post
    I you have an ATT Pre, as of today you can finally access the apps catalog, and everything finally works.. This means that release date is moving closer..
    Do you work in one of the ATT stores?
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Yes I also wish the Pixi Plus is released along side the At&t Pre Plus.
    It is.

    Palm webOS™ - Palm® Pre™ Plus & Palm® Pixi™ Plus - Wireless from AT&T
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Do you work in one of the ATT stores?
    no.. A good friend works for ATT and I'm using the Pre on their network for a couple of months now.. Only today it would access the proper apps catalog. Up to now it was pointing to a place holder with about 100 stale apps.. right now its running 1.4.2


    L
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordielordie View Post
    no.. A good friend works for ATT and I'm using the Pre on their network for a couple of months now.. Only today it would access the proper apps catalog. Up to now it was pointing to a place holder with about 100 stale apps.. right now its running 1.4.2


    L
    Ok. So you're able to see all of the apps in the US app cat? Well, maybe the release on ATT is close at hand. I'm still waiting for the press release from ATT b/c that'll give us an exact date. Generally, after the press release you're two weeks away from the actual release.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordielordie View Post
    no.. A good friend works for ATT and I'm using the Pre on their network for a couple of months now.. Only today it would access the proper apps catalog. Up to now it was pointing to a place holder with about 100 stale apps.. right now its running 1.4.2

    L
    1.4.2 release is interesting. Can you try the two areas the Pre+ on Verizon are having problems, double-typed letters and GPS lock? If there work correctly on the ATT Pre+ then that is the device that I am getting!
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    1.4.2 release is interesting. Can you try the two areas the Pre+ on Verizon are having problems, double-typed letters and GPS lock? If there work correctly on the ATT Pre+ then that is the device that I am getting!
    I'm not familiar with those problems... Not sure what "double-typed" letters means, and the GPS is not locked..
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordielordie View Post
    I'm not familiar with those problems... Not sure what "double-typed" letters means, and the GPS is not locked..
    1. Keep typing and occasionally you will find some keys typing twice.
    2. Turn on Google Maps and see if it's hard/impossible to get a lock (I think it's hard to check since units can't leave store)
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  14. #54  
    He doesn't have the ATT Pre Plus so even if he does try what you're asking it wouldn't be relevant. I would guess he is using a German Pre or the Telcel Pre.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    1. Keep typing and occasionally you will find some keys typing twice.
    2. Turn on Google Maps and see if it's hard/impossible to get a lock (I think it's hard to check since units can't leave store)
    I don't see the double typing issue, and I'm using this phone since ver 1.4.0..
    as far as GPS locking, it works fine on Goggle map, so when I drive, the blue dot follows the road just fine..
    the only thing I found annoying (compare with my old WinMo phone) is google map updates it location less frequently (once every 4,5 seconds) and for driving directions it is a bit of a pain..

    [Edit] BTW, this is a genuine ATT Pre Plus..
    Last edited by lordielordie; 04/20/2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: spelling
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordielordie View Post
    I don't see the double typing issue, and I'm using this phone since ver 1.4.0..
    as far as GPS locking, it works fine on Goggle map, so when I drive, the blue dot follows the road just fine..
    the only thing I found annoying (compare with my old WinMo phone) is google map updates it location less frequently (once every 4,5 seconds) and for driving directions it is a bit of a pain..

    [Edit] BTW, this is a genuine ATT Pre Plus..
    Any ideas when it is coming out? My boss is dying to get one.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Any ideas when it is coming out? My boss is dying to get one.
    I honestly have no idea..
  18. #58  
    how is the battery life? And any difference in the 1.4.2 software?
  19. #59  
    I got a spare battery, two touchstones and a screen protector from Amazon, all at great prices-- and all showed up now--let's go already.

    I better like the phone because even though it will have a 30 day guarantee from AT&T, the accessories won't!
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    how is the battery life? And any difference in the 1.4.2 software?
    Some apps are battery hogs, but if I stick to email, browsing, and a few apps, the battery lasts a day. if I use it to talk and email only, the battery lasts a couple of days..

    I saw no changes from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2, I assume it was bug fixes only..
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions