Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    OK, let's see if I can lighten the mood here. To catch it, you have to know your Monty Python movies, though!

"Yes, yes... I am decyphering it...it says: 'The official launch date for the ATT Palm Pre is...........................aaaaarrrrrrgggghhh!!!' "

Hope this helps. If not, sorry!
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    If thats the case then we would have seen Pre 2 in FCC, but nada.

Sorry to spoil the hopes but we all are in the same boat
    don't kid yourself. I think the new Palm smartphones (aka pre 2 or whatever) are camaflogued in the fcc data. you need to look closely to catch what might be those devices and the dates are sprinkled between sept 2010 and dec 2010

they're (Palm) so on to the public's use of fcc data to try to glean release date info that I believe the names (fcc ID's) have been changed to protect the identities of the innocent (devices). However, by law they have to be in there, somewhere, and somehow hence the change in the way they are presenting the fcc id information would be one way they could try to throw the public off...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Guys,
    Found this on the ATT facebook fan page (yeah i know ppl are gonna kick for being a ATT fan ...:P)

"Hey fans, device news coming your way! Palm Pre Plus hits retail
    stores and online starting 5/16 for $149.99 after contract and mail-in rebate.
    Also, for a limited time in AT&T retail stores only, customers who purchase
    a Palm Pre Plus will get a free Palm Touchstone Charging Dock. Additional
    details coming closer to 5/16, stay tuned!"

facebook.com/att
    (probably you'd need to scroll down to find the post)
    I think at this point I'm reserving all excitement until there is an official announcement from AT&T or Palm.

It seems that whenever we hear something about a confirmation date we hear something else shortly thereafter which contradicts it (and vice versa).

AT&T is just playing with our emotions and I'm not happy about it. At this point I might just hold off for rumors about Pre2 and say goodbye to AT&T after our tortured 13 year relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    "Yes, yes... I am decyphering it...it says: 'The official launch date for the ATT Palm Pre is...........................aaaaarrrrrrgggghhh!!!' "
    That's some funny stuff...ROFL
    its official

AT&T | Facebook
    Engadget is reporting it as official as well. But until I walk into Best Buy on Sunday after and purchase one I'll still be a bit leary.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by arvindve View Post
    Guys,
    Found this on the ATT facebook fan page (yeah i know ppl are gonna kick for being a ATT fan ...:P)

facebook.com/att
    Is ATT's status "It's Complicated"? Are there posting on ATT's wall about how they're being such a tease?
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by arvindve View Post
    Guys,

facebook.com/att

Its Official!

This post was made by AT&T

AT&T's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I wonder how much it will be with a new contract and before mail in rebate.
    Fin-_ucking-ally.

Still no word on off-contract pricing? Will off-contract get a free Touchstone?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Great, just great. I bought TWO Touchstones from RS and now they're giving away a free one. So I will now have THREE Touchstones. I don't know what to do with 3 Touchstones.

I'm just going to have to put one in my office, one in the kitchen, and one at my workplace. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Great, just great. I bought TWO Touchstones from RS and now they're giving away a free one. So I will now have THREE Touchstones. I don't know what to do with 3 Touchstones.

I'm just going to have to put one in my office, one in the kitchen, and one at my workplace. LOL!
    In the car?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    In the car?
    None of the solutions I saw on PreCentral forums are elegant. It just look tacky stuck on the AC vent. Until there's a better solution, I think I may pass putting the Touchstone in my car. I did buy the Palm car charger from RS and I do do drive a lot. I put at least 600-700 miles a week in my car.

I'm happy that I got only one
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    For those interested, ATT rep said on FB that it's $399.99 without contract.
    Non contract price (from the Comments on FB from AT&T):

AT&T
    The Palm Pre Plus is available with no commitment for $399.99. Thanks!
    20 minutes ago

EDIT - beaten to it
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I guess that is not the bad price for off contract, any way we will pay 250 up front (100 rebate after 4 months or so).

Can we discuss about getting off contract?

thanks

Put one in the car too!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ures-here.html
    Is anyone going to ask AT&T on Facebook if the Pixi Plus will also be released on May 16th?
    Edit: Oops they did, and the response that was posted:

We don't have exact details to share on when the Palm Pixi Plus is coming out, but we'll let you know right here!
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/10/2010 at 03:21 PM.