Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    bought a touchstone charger from radio shack while it was on sale and i dont even have a pre.

hurry up at&t
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    bought a touchstone charger from radio shack while it was on sale and i dont even have a pre.

hurry up at&t
    I bought two as well. They did not come with chargers. Anyone know what type and where to get chargers?
    i think were suppose to use the ones that come with the phone. ill bet any usb charger will work tho or any 5volt, .500 - 1amp will do. anything less than 1 amp will probobly take longer to charge
    i think were suppose to use the ones that come with the phone. ill bet any usb charger will work tho or any 5volt, .500 - 1amp will do. anything less than 1 amp will probobly take longer to charge
    I suspect a 1 Amp+ charger would be required. Just seems that inductive charging would have some significant power requirements to overcome losses. I think that makes the USB plug on a PC a no-no.

Since I don't have my PRE yet does anyone know what the power requirements actually are?
    Last edited by haman12; 05/10/2010 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by haman12 View Post
    I suspect a 1 Amp+ charger would be required. Just seems that inductive charging would have some significant power requirements to overcome losses. I think that makes the USB plug on a PC a no-no.

Since I don't have my PRE yet does anyone know what the power requirements actually are?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-adapters.html

Need one that has the data pins shorted, and must provide at least 1000 mA.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    AT&T's Mobile App of the Week!

CompanionLink Express
    Business professionals who need to have their PC contacts, calendar and tasks on their phone need CompanionLink. Access your customer data from your Google account on your BlackBerry, iPhone, Palm Pre, Windows Mobile, Palm OS or Google phone. Sync with popular PC software like ACT! by Sage, GoldMine, MS Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes, Palm Desktop, and Novell GroupWise.

Only it's not quite there yet. When you click on the list of supported devices, the Palm Pre isn't on the list.

http://smallbiz.att.com/OSB/Tips-Too...p-of-Week.page
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmapes View Post
    Just went to a san Diego att store and asked if they had pre's in. The assistant mgr it's been delayed until next month. Att is clueless!!!!
    Ah crap...the store I went to in central FL said the same thing the other day! This better just be uninformed employees, cause I don't know if I have the patience to wait that long!

On a side note, the AT&T rep I talked to was not supportive of the Pre...tried to lean me towards one of the "iphone" things...
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewakaMJ View Post
    On a side note, the AT&T rep I talked to was not supportive of the Pre...tried to lean me towards one of the "iphone" things...
    I know, I don't understand why they do that, just answer the Q, do you know when it is coming or not.

One rep was asking me to wait for icrap 4g, I was like

anyway waiting for 16th may
    If the AT&T Pre Plus were to release on May 16th, would atleast expect to see ads on the TV/Internet/Dailies/Weeklies...

Not sure whats cooking..would they be so dumb to release the phone on a specified date?
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I called my local store, and after putting me on hold for about 45 seconds, he came back and said they have heard no official word about it being this Sunday. He went on to say that, traditionally, ATT doesn't like to release dates in advance, just in case anything goes wrong and they have to delay it. When I asked if they had heard anything along those lines (delayed, ...), he responded they had not. He also said they seem to be the last to know, so at least he was realistic about that! I guess we'll all know Sunday.
    tim
    am thinking it is the pricing that is keeping them on hold..deliberating to accommodate Verizon drops

Went to a store in Atlanta..they had no clue..one of the store assistants didn even know what a pre is..i felt embarassed..makes me feel as if I was askn for something that doesnt exist and in turn wasting their time..
    I called an AT&T authorized dealer and rep said she was gonna have it on the 15th. They don't open on Sundays so I'm gonna call them again on Friday and Saturday morning. Can't wait, although I do love my 9700.
    Something doesn't seem right. I've got this sinking feeling that the phone will not be released on May 16th. And for some reason, I can't put my finger on it, but it feels like ATT keeps pushing back the release for whatever reason.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Something doesn't seem right. I've got this sinking feeling that the phone will not be released on May 16th. And for some reason, I can't put my finger on it, but it feels like ATT keeps pushing back the release for whatever reason.
    I agree playboy....based upon what we went through a couple of weeks back with May 2nd is a go then no...and not getting official confirmation yet that it's May 16th. I'm trying not to get as excited as I did for May 2nd, as that was a huge let down.
    Yeah, I too am starting to worry since there has been no official announcement yet from AT&T about the release date.

Hopefully if it is delayed it's to lower the price or my dream scenerio, fantasy if you will, is there holding off for the pre 2 and release verything simultaniusly (pixi free, pre plus 16gb $99, pre 2 32gb $199, pre 2 64gb $299)
    Last edited by fernandez21; 05/10/2010 at 12:23 PM.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Yeah, I too am starting to worry since there has been no official announcement yet from AT&T about the release date.

Hopefully if it is delayed it's to lower the price or my dream scenerio, fantasy if you will, is there holding off for the pre 2 and release verything simultaniusly (pixi free, pre plus 16gb $99, pre 2 32gb $199, pre 2 64gb $299)
    Although that would be a dream come true, I can't imagine that they're going to come out of the box from AT&T price reduced or that there's going to be pre 2--I'm sure Toni would've picked up 'pre 2' FCC information by now He's great at finding that type of information.
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    I agree playboy....based upon what we went through a couple of weeks back with May 2nd is a go then no...and not getting official confirmation yet that it's May 16th. I'm trying not to get as excited as I did for May 2nd, as that was a huge let down.
    Agree, for some reason I'm not excited about 16th may either. not like I don't want this phone but 2nd may has done enough damage to my excitement.

May be I will when I'm on the way to get the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post

If thats the case then we would have seen Pre 2 in FCC, but nada.

Sorry to spoil the hopes but we all are in the same boat
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    BTW, received my 2 touchstones and car charger over the weekend and just plugged my touchstone in at work--now all I need is the dang phone to go with it
    may be trying to match VZW price drops that keep happening