Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewakaMJ View Post
    Woot! Well, I still have to wait for upgrade day (18th)...but at least I know it'll be there for me when I'm ready! Now to get that deal on the touchstones...
    I agree!!... I think it ends the 15th. We should have seen the writing on the wall. I wonder will there be a discount for upgrades...I have been eligible for a few years.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Man my contract is up for renewal on 6/4 too. I sooo want to jump into WebOS, but man , the inconsistent hardware quality is scaring me away for the time being. I'll wait a few weeks to see what the verdict is.
    Well I was hoping for this weekend, but I'm somewhat satisfied to know we have some confirmation on a date.

We can still speculate on the price though. I can see AT&T realistically trying to stick with it's old price of $150 (after rebate). But with VW already down to $30, they'll certainly have to drop their price soon. Does anyone know for sure if you can use the 30 day return policy to get the lower price?

Of course they may just release on May 16 and then wait until June 17 to lower the price.
    They did that when the backflips came out--I think they started out at 199, then a couple weeks later they were 99, then 49 and then 2 for 99, and now they've kind of settled into a lower price.. I think 79 last I saw.
    On the other hand, the blackberry9700 has stayed at 199, so who knows!
    I do remember that I knew a week before (from at&t website) that backflip was coming out-- shouldn't they be announcing soon if its coming out May 16?
    First post here, although I've been lurking around for a while now. Great community!

Well, pricing has been announced a long time ago. See here:

Palm, Inc. - Palm webOS Smartphones to be Available for AT&T Customers

$149.99 for the Pre (Plus), and $49.99 for the Pixi (Plus)

I really want a Pre, but I won't put a leash around my wallet and hand it to AT&T for 2 years. That is simply not going to happen!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by _cal_ View Post
    First post here, although I've been lurking around for a while now. Great community!

I really want a Pre, but I won't put a leash around my wallet and hand it to AT&T for 2 years. That is simply not going to happen!
    Wait for no contract ones to appear on Craigs and eBay. I usually do that for the same reason. Maybe Palm will finally release the unlocked version.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

Well, I think that the pricing was to be expected and as your link shows the price was established in March. I certainly didn't think that ATT would start off at $99 or $79 or $50.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Wait for no contract ones to appear on Craigs and eBay. I usually do that for the same reason. Maybe Palm will finally release the unlocked version.
    They most likely will do that. As far as when they'll do it, who knows?

Yeah, thAts what it was announced at, but since then verizon has Dropped the price three time (249-->149-->49-->29) and on the webos page on AT&T and Palms site, there is no mention of price and there hasn't been since that initial announcement. Hopefully this means they have adjusted the price to compete with verizon, but sprint us still selling the original pre for 149, so who knows.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    I'm going to guess $99 (Pre Plus) and $59 (Pixi Plus) after $100 mail in rebate.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Did any one see this update on engadget?

Update: We just spoke to AT&T about this whole ordeal; they wouldn't confirm or deny the Pre Plus situation, but we were told that there's "no change" in the MicroCell plans -- May 16 won't be a nationwide rollout, and there will be more rollouts in the weeks after.
    Went ahead and bought touchstone and car charger
    Quote Originally Posted by soloque View Post
    Did any one see this update on engadget?

Update: We just spoke to AT&T about this whole ordeal; they wouldn't confirm or deny the Pre Plus situation, but we were told that there's "no change" in the MicroCell plans -- May 16 won't be a nationwide rollout, and there will be more rollouts in the weeks after.
    Thats interesting that they couldn't confirm or deny the release date for the pre plus. It makes me think they're still ironing something, possibly negotiating a lower price from palm because of whatever deal verizon got so they could lower the price? Or perhaps waiting on a software update?
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Thats interesting that they couldn't confirm or deny the release date for the pre plus. It makes me think they're still ironing something, possibly negotiating a lower price from palm because of whatever deal verizon got so they could lower the price? Or perhaps waiting on a software update?
    Palm gets paid when the order is placed. The order was placed months ago so Palm already has its money. So they're not trying to negotiate a lower payment from Palm. Palm has no say on what subsidized amount ATT chooses to charge a customer for the phone so that wouldn't come into play. The ATT phones are already running 1.4.2 and if something was wrong with that version Palm could push out a update in a day. So ATT waiting for an software update seems less likely.

The ball is in ATT's court as when to release the phones. Palm is just sitting on the sideline waiting issue a joint press release with ATT.
    I called a couple of stores, still no clue of release date there. Called customer service 611, they were very nice, tried for quite a while to confirm the release date for me. Although they had technical information of the PRE plus on their computers, they had no pricing and no dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I just hope Max's unlock will work...
    Toni,

Update:

Quote Originally Posted by jpeg92 View Post
    This forum (french) :

http://www.mobifrance.com/pdaforum/s...=&pagenumber=1

There are at least 4 persons (there) that used this software (NextGen) and managed to unlock their SFR palm pre plus.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/08/2010 at 02:06 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    for us abroad, will the AT&T PPlus be sold outright and unlocked?
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitetower View Post
    for us abroad, will the AT&T PPlus be sold outright and unlocked?
    Sold outright. Not sold unlocked.

You need to unlock it yourself.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    The ATT phones are already running 1.4.2 .
    The one I saw had 1.4.1