Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FC View Post
    I hear alot of complaints about AT&T, but haven't really had any problems myself, and well.. I just know what to expect from them.
    The only customer opinion that matters is yours. It doesn't matter how many horror stories you hear (and they exist for EVERY wireless company); go with where you are comfortable. I have always had exceptional customer service from ATT and (because of that) wouldn't consider switching. Others who haven't, would switch in a heartbeat.

If you like ATT, wait two weeks! If not, as you said, you would have already made the switch.
    tim
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rev12 View Post
    Just got a txt from my at&t rep and he said he just got an email saying the Palm Pre release date is May 16. Hope this is true.
    My local store here in Raleigh, NC told me the same thing earlier last week. At the time, he casually mentioned that it's being pushed back from May 2nd to May 16th. I am totally betting it's May 16th.
    Quote Originally Posted by rev12 View Post
    Just got a txt from my at&t rep and he said he just got an email saying the Palm Pre release date is May 16. Hope this is true.
    Better than June
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    Better than June
    Agreed. I just hope they release the Pixi along with the pre...I've been getting conflicting reports from the stores I've been calling. I called one store in the morning and they in about a week or so and the Pixi will be released in the summer. Called again in the afternoon and they said it'll be released at the same time as the pre and should be around May 10th-16th ish. LOL the same store told me two different stories. I've concluded that Reps have no idea what they're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Sigh, I just bought the touchstone kit for $20, and I find myself holding the back cover pretending it's the pre. I need help.
    Me to. I bought two touchstones from Radio Shack. Came with the new backs for the Pre. Been holding that all day. Snapping it on and off of the touchstone.

I need some misery relief.
  6. 3FC
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    The only customer opinion that matters is yours. It doesn't matter how many horror stories you hear (and they exist for EVERY wireless company); go with where you are comfortable. I have always had exceptional customer service from ATT and (because of that) wouldn't consider switching. Others who haven't, would switch in a heartbeat.

If you like ATT, wait two weeks! If not, as you said, you would have already made the switch.
    Exactly.. I know they all get complaints, everyone has a different story, but I know what to expect from AT&T. I've always had good customer service, and good reception everywhere except the last town I lived in. If I stayed there I would have had to switch, but just 10 miles in either direction is perfect.

I've just run into enough people (and heard even more online) that can't believe anyone would use AT&T, that it just surprises me, I haven't experienced anything that explains why they have such a bad rap... as if it's a well known fact that they are a terrible company.

I'm definitely waiting. I've waited long enough, I should be able to handle it a bit longer.. even if it is driving me crazy being so close now! I am getting the touchstone soon though... hopefully that will help hold me over
    I have had AT&T for many years (since it was PacBell) and it has definitely improved over the years.
    My son, who lives in Brea, Ca has terrible service and badmouths AT&T all the time. It all depends on where you live, I think, that determines how you feel about one over another.
    In our area (central coast, Cali), both have decent service so I have never had reason to change-- however, I started out with V and that was the reason I switched to AT&T. I hated the way they billed and their customer service was rude.

For that reason, I will wait impatiently and faithfully for the AT&T Pre (even tho I feel they have drawn out the suspense for far too long.. enough already!)
    Quote Originally Posted by kipEE View Post
    I have had AT&T for many years (since it was PacBell) and it has definitely improved over the years.
    My son, who lives in Brea, Ca has terrible service and badmouths AT&T all the time. It all depends on where you live, I think, that determines how you feel about one over another.
    Another factor is the phone itself, I have never had trouble with att, but I have noticed that some phones get better signal in places than others, my nexus 1 has terrible reception but my old Motorola was perfect.
  9. 3FC
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'm on the central coast as well. Nipomo is where I lived previously and had terrible service. In my house, outside, down the street, etc. Pretty much everywhere I went there. Trying to carry on a conversation while going across town I'd usually get disconnected. I don't think I've ever experience a dropped call anywhere else around here. So..glad to be out of there, otherwise I'm pretty happy with AT&T and mostly notice 5 bars.

I just really liked the hotspot feature at Verizon.. the wifi at mcdonalds and starbucks doesn't interest me all that much, as far as I've noticed that's the only places around here with AT&T wifi. But then again, it's not cool enough for me to risk 2 years at another company..

I do hate waiting so long with no word though

and on a side note.. I'm always wondering if anyone on this site lives anywhere around me haha. I have YET to see anyone in person with a pre or pixi hmm..
    Quote Originally Posted by 3FC View Post
    Oh yeah may 10th/16th would be awesome.. mothers day/right after my birthday either would make my day!
    I'll start getting my bucks ready for May 16th!
    In our area (central coast, Cali), both have decent service so I have never had reason to change-- however, I started out with V and that was the reason I switched to AT&T. I hated the way they billed and their customer service was rude.

For that reason, I will wait impatiently and faithfully for the AT&T Pre (even tho I feel they have drawn out the suspense for far too long.. enough already!)
    I can tell you AT&T is one of the best mobile companies from experience of having them for 11 years. People complaint b/c just like innany other rural areas any service will act choppy. I leave in Miami Dade and 3G HSDPA services are amongs the fastest, faster then Verizon and AT&T is a true 3G mobile carrier, which can stream data and do voice calla simultanously. All with this European and world-wide concept of SIM cards. I remember the bad old days of TDMA and was glad when AT&T made that step to go GSM just like t-mobile. The ability, at will, to swap b/t one phone to another with your SIM is priceless.
    This wait is getting more and more agonizing.

Do we need to start aggressively inviting Palm users to further prove our point?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    This wait is getting more and more agonizing.

Do we need to start aggressively inviting Palm users to further prove our point?
    Heck yeah it is. I just wish they'd release a date finally...even if it's not for a few more weeks, knowing a date would definitely help. This 'coming soon' crap is getting old that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I am with ya here Timmy. I have been with AT&T since my cell phone weighed 10 lbs. and came in a box...and the only issues I have ever had with them was when they were "Cingular" (and that was with customer service, never with the devices or coverage.)

I did consider switching at one point because I have wanted this phone since it was first released, have a friend on Sprint that has one of the originals. I have been a Palm user/supporter for years and really wanted this new Palm toy. When it was first announced for Verison, I considered a switch (was NOT going to go with Sprint) but the "coming soon to AT&T" message on Palm's website squashed that notion. This secrecy is driving me nuts though!
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I don't think I've ever wanted/anticipated a phone more. Ever since I saw the WebOS presentation, I had decided that WebOS would be my next OS in the phone. Palm should be really grateful that they had us such loyal followers!
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    I don't think I've ever wanted/anticipated a phone more. Ever since I saw the WebOS presentation, I had decided that WebOS would be my next OS in the phone. Palm should be really grateful that they had us such loyal followers!
    I'm with you, all these HD2, Nexus one, Sprint EVO like these phones make me think why not go and get one with nice horse power and screen size but then, I need WebOS. Give me! Give me! Give me! Give me! Give me! Give me! Give me!
    I'm from the Orcutt area-used to be we had to go outside to get a call, but when they went GSM it made all the difference in the world!
    I, too, have drooled over this phone since the day it came out on Verizon and had resolved myself to go with a lesser phone (time to move up from my RAZR v9) but reviews from other phones told me the pre was the one I wanted-more dependable, less freezing, better made and pull out keyboard. You can imagine my excitement when I found out it was coming out on AT&T! Now anticipation is wearing off and waiting is unbearable!
    They really need to put us out of our misery! My old phone is on its last leg!
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I'm from the Orcutt area-used to be we had to go outside to get a call, but when they went GSM it made all the difference in the world!
    I, too, have drooled over this phone since the day it came out on Verizon and had resolved myself to go with a lesser phone (time to move up from my RAZR v9) but reviews from other phones told me the pre was the one I wanted-more dependable, less freezing, better made and pull out keyboard. You can imagine my excitement when I found out it was coming out on AT&T! Now anticipation is wearing off and waiting is unbearable!
    They really need to put us out of our misery! My old phone is on its last leg!

I've been waiting for it since last June when it came out in Sprint! My HTC Fuze died about a month ago (the earpiece stopped working). So I'm now using a old iMate Ultimate 8502 (anyone remember this phone?). It's on minimal setup, not even a miniSD card on it. Barebone, only Opera Mini and my exchange email is set up on it. To make it even more annoying, I'm eligible to upgrade since early April! Grrr!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    I've been waiting for it since last June when it came out in Sprint! My HTC Fuze died about a month ago (the earpiece stopped working). So I'm now using a old iMate Ultimate 8502 (anyone remember this phone?). It's on minimal setup, not even a miniSD card on it. Barebone, only Opera Mini and my exchange email is set up on it. To make it even more annoying, I'm eligible to upgrade since early April! Grrr!
    LOL...I too have been eligible for an upgrade since early April and it's burning a hole in my pocket LOL I feel all of your guys' (and gals') pain, I really do. AT&T cannot launch this phone quickly enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    The ability, at will, to swap b/t one phone to another with your SIM is priceless.
    Yea, that's an awsome thing to be able to do. My Centro died at the beginning of April. I just went out and bought a Go phone and popped my SIM in, and I had a phone again! Yay! Of course, I returned it within the 30 days, and bought another Go phone from another store because I am absolutely getting a Pre+ as soon as it becomes available for AT&T.

I really, really, really hope it's the 16th. If it isn't, I think I might hurt someone