Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    I'm with playboy, just give me a date. I don't care if it's 1 week or 1 month out (well, I'd rather 1 week), but I just want a date I can walk into a store and walk out with one.

My biggest issue is that my trusty Centro died almost a month ago and I've been surviving on a Go phone that I picked up from Best Buy and popped my SIM in. I'm almost at my 30 days, so I'm going to have to go return it, go to another Best Buy and get a new Go phone so I don't spend $80 for a phone I used for 2 months waiting for the Pre to come out.

I'm so close to jumping to Verizon, but the launch date sounds like it is so close, or at least they'll announce a launch date. I agree though, we are kind of working ourselves up into a launch date frenzy, so my dashed hopes are only my own fault, not AT&T's.
    @Drizzt321, I hear ya, give us a date so that we can wait, after todays article from Engadget for Pre Plus going for $30 on Big Red, I almost tempted to get one so that i can use wifi hot spot for free.

Need a specific date to resist that temptation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    @Drizzt321, I hear ya, give us a date so that we can wait, after todays article from Engadget for Pre Plus going for $30 on Big Red, I almost tempted to get one so that i can use wifi hot spot for free.

Need a specific date to resist that temptation.
    If you do bite the bullet and get it on Verizon buy it on Amazon by Thursday, and they won't charge you an activation fee. I also have Amazon prime and paid a lucrative $4.00 for the phone and one day shipping.
    If your like me and have been eyeing the touchstone but haven't bought it yet check out the sale on them at Radio Shack 19.99! It's pretty bad when you don't even have the phone yet but you buy two charging docs

Palm Touchstone Charging Dock for Pre and Pixi : Cell Phone Chargers | RadioShack.com
    Quote Originally Posted by techyforyou View Post
    If your like me and have been eyeing the touchstone but haven't bought it yet check out the sale on them at Radio Shack 19.99! It's pretty bad when you don't even have the phone yet but you buy two charging docs

Palm Touchstone Charging Dock for Pre and Pixi : Cell Phone Chargers | RadioShack.com
    Oh, that is so tempting. What's the efficiency on those things anyway? I heard they weren't all that great efficiency-wise. Still, it'd be cool to have it sitting on my desk at work, hehe.

Lol, yeah me too. I went ahead a bought a car charger and touchstone today because of this deal. I can't belive I have assesories but no phone. Come on AT&T.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Yesterday I bought two of the Rat Shack touchstones. I couldn't pass up that deal.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Anybody know how to tell me if my existing mini usb chargers will work or if I'll need to buy different ones?
    Anybody know how to tell me if my existing mini usb chargers will work or if I'll need to buy different ones?
    Do you mean for the touchstones? I would assume so.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    The touchstone works with any Palm (110V) charger, and also the 12V cigarette lighter adapter.
    I use a cheapo 12V USB that has double USBs with a touchstone.
    I recommend the touchstone for the car. You get into the car, you pop the phone on it, and it holds on great even with my wild driving..

But you must remember that when the phone rings, and you pick the phone off the touchstone, the phone is automatically answered!!!
    I learned it the hard way. The phone was ringing, I picked it up to better see to who is calling, and said to my self (out loud) "f@3k, I don't want to talk to him!".. well...
    Quote Originally Posted by lordielordie View Post
    But you must remember that when the phone rings, and you pick the phone off the touchstone, the phone is automatically answered!!!
    I learned it the hard way. The phone was ringing, I picked it up to better see to who is calling, and said to my self (out loud) "f@3k, I don't want to talk to him!".. well...
    Wow, that's really good to know, thanks!

That's actually kinda a cool idea, use a touchstone in the car. Probably makes all your friends go "Wow!" I'll have to see if there's a good spot for me to place it. Probably after I actually get the Pre, that way I can see if it'll stay in place with the phone on it.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Who picks the release date for phones?

I mean iPhone has had its release date for months. Did Steve pick the release date or did AT&T

If Steve does that mean palm has not picked the date yet.

If its not Steve, why why can AT&T pick a date for the iPhone and every other phone but the Palm Pre Plus?
    I don't "know" the guy that I got this from, so take it for what it's worth. He's apparently not a "palm guy" from what he replied. I asked him if he'd heard a release date for the new palm and below is his response. I've done what I can to sterilize where the info came from, because I have no idea what kind of restrictions are on what he sent...

This palm? Lol we already have some of the ads and such so usuallly within a month it gets released official, but u think u like that phone? I'm not too impressed til I use it a bit, I'm dfinately excited for the legion of dell phones that should come and finally take the iphone off its throne, check out the dell thunder.. comes out end of year though I will keep u updated with the news I get as it comes though!
    Mals
    Quote Originally Posted by Jseven View Post
    The plans are the same price. Talk 450 on each is $39.99. AT&T Talk 450+Text is $59.99 the exact same as Verizon. Each with a $29.99 a month Smartphone data plan. The speeds don't matter much when you can't get a signal in a building or your network downgrades you to Edge 2.5. I would rather pay for a connection that is pretty close to their speed and usable. And at this point if I lock in a free tether wifi for the next two years I'll have internet on my laptop as well. We still do not know if AT&T will allow this.
    I know this might sound crazy but I would hate to lose my simultaneous voice and data. I take conference calls from my AT&T GSM Treo Pro and constantly send and receive emails while on the phone. This feature might have no practical application for most of you but it comes in very handy for me. I would hate to have to end a call and then wait for my devices to sync up all my data before starting a new call if I want to send and receive any emails--or even surf the web while on a call.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Please don't post pics. It doesn't help the wait.
    Just call me Berd.
    Me Likey Palm Pre! Me Likey Palm Pre! Me Likey Palm Pre!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Malstorme View Post
    I don't "know" the guy that I got this from, so take it for what it's worth. He's apparently not a "palm guy" from what he replied. I asked him if he'd heard a release date for the new palm and below is his response. I've done what I can to sterilize where the info came from, because I have no idea what kind of restrictions are on what he sent...

Mals
    can anyone make out what was written in the text? i'm not as computer savy as those csi guys, cant zoom and enhance
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    I know this might sound crazy but I would hate to lose my simultaneous voice and data. I take conference calls from my AT&T GSM Treo Pro and constantly send and receive emails while on the phone. This feature might have no practical application for most of you but it comes in very handy for me. I would hate to have to end a call and then wait for my devices to sync up all my data before starting a new call if I want to send and receive any emails--or even surf the web while on a call.
    Not crazy at all. I have used the feature numerous times on my old iPhone 3G (it would kill my battery). I guess it depends on the urgency of your work/personal life. For the most part I really do not see myself doing that with this phone. . Call me old fashioned, but I like using the phone in the "classic" way. I enjoy Headphone/Headset combos.The rated talk time is not as robust as most other phones.I also wouldn't want to buy a bluetooth I even ordered the 1400mAh. I am not one to carry around an extra battery or buy a charger for one. I am however stocked with docks. One for the house/car/job. I find that being a bit more handy than talking and emailing. You should definitely wait for the AT&T Pre.
    Cmon with the date already! I just need a freaking date. Make it the 10th, the 27th, whatever. I would rather it be May 27th and have a date to go by than it be the 10th and me not finding out till the day of. I am starting to get pretty abusive with my Centro in anticipation of the Pre. I throw it around like it is something that will not break.

And why the heck am I seeing all the news about Palm releases in France. Why do they have a date and we have only speculation??? COME THE FREAK ON ALREADY.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    can anyone make out what was written in the text? i'm not as computer savy as those csi guys, cant zoom and enhance
    It reads:
    "
    Hello __________,

Attached is the latest presentation update. Let me know if you have questions or concerns.

Best regards,

___________"

Doesn't appear to be anything interesting.

Mals