Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 937
  1. #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Pixi+ launching on Spain Vodafone on May 10th--come on AT&T, make it happen!!!!
    And this again proves my point. SRF in France announces a date 3 weeks before the release on May 11. Vodafone Spain release date is announce a week before launch. China Telecom announce in March that webOS phones would be released in July.

    But here sit ATT customers looking to get into the webOS game without any announced release date from dear ole ATT. Yep, ATT has had that webOS webpage up since March 22 but for the life of them they can't establish a release date. Sure, good ole ATT has had recent meeting about webOS release strategy but they can't tell us a date. Sure, ATT has made their employees do a month worth of virtual and hand-ons training but they can't establish a release date.

    What is wrong with this picture? This is comical.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  2. #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I really taught the AT&T release date would be as past as yesterday.
    You did?
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  3. sooby77's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    And this again proves my point. SRF in France announces a date 3 weeks before the release on May 11. Vodafone Spain release date is announce a week before launch. China Telecom announce in March that webOS phones would be released in July.

    But here sit ATT customers looking to get into the webOS game without any announced release date from dear ole ATT. Yep, ATT has had that webOS webpage up since March 22 but for the life of them they can't establish a release date. Sure, good ole ATT has had recent meeting about webOS release strategy but they can't tell us a date. Sure, ATT has made their employees do a month worth of virtual and hand-ons training but they can't establish a release date.

    What is wrong with this picture? This is comical.
    Well said!
  4. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    And this again proves my point. SRF in France announces a date 3 weeks before the release on May 11. Vodafone Spain release date is announce a week before launch. China Telecom announce in March that webOS phones would be released in July.

    But here sit ATT customers looking to get into the webOS game without any announced release date from dear ole ATT. Yep, ATT has had that webOS webpage up since March 22 but for the life of them they can't establish a release date. Sure, good ole ATT has had recent meeting about webOS release strategy but they can't tell us a date. Sure, ATT has made their employees do a month worth of virtual and hand-ons training but they can't establish a release date.

    What is wrong with this picture? This is comical.
    Sorry, Playboy, while you and I are on the same page in wanting our new phones now (if not sooner!), I disagree about it being ATT's fault or problem. ATT never promised us anything, other than they would be selling WebOS devices sometime in the first half of 2010. That's it. Just because we (the fanatics on PreCentral) have whipped ourselves up into a lather predicting one date, or another, only to have our dreams dashed when they don't come true, doesn't make it ATT's fault. It's ours for believing that somehow, we could influence that date. If they had said May 2, and then said "Hold on a sec... we're not quite ready.", we would have reason to be upset.

    I have seen enough butchered launches and I don't care if it takes another 2 weeks, or even a month. Get it right at launchtime, so we don't have to wait for "fixes".
    tim
  5. #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I have seen enough butchered launches and I don't care if it takes another 2 weeks, or even a month. Get it right at launchtime, so we don't have to wait for "fixes".
    I don't disagree and I don't "blame" anyone for our disappointment at passing release dates. However, this isn't 1.0 hardware or software so how much of this release delay is because of problems getting it right?

    I just want to enjoy webOS like everyone else. And I would prefer not to wait and wait and wait, finally be able to buy my Pre+ and then see Pre2 a month later. True, there will always be something better shortly afterwards, but the longer we are forced the wait, the less time we'll have before that something better comes along.
  6. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by bela41 View Post
    I don't disagree and I don't "blame" anyone for our disappointment at passing release dates. However, this isn't 1.0 hardware or software so how much of this release delay is because of problems getting it right?

    I just want to enjoy webOS like everyone else. And I would prefer not to wait and wait and wait, finally be able to buy my Pre+ and then see Pre2 a month later. True, there will always be something better shortly afterwards, but the longer we are forced the wait, the less time we'll have before that something better comes along.
    Point 1: Agree, but it is in a sense "new" hardware, as we have not yet had the GSM Pre in the US. There may be one or two wrinkles to iron out. (Maybe Barry could fill us in with any issues, since he has rubbed our noses in it over the weekend! LOL)

    Point 2: Totally agree. We can never buy hardware that does it all, because in a few months, we discover a new thing that does it all, PLUS some! I always buy things knowing exactly what I want out of them, so I am not disappointed. I still love my Centro, because it does exactly what I bought it for, but man, I want for that Pixi!
    tim
  7. #387  
    I'm going to bite the bullet and switch to Verizon. The plans are the same price, but I can get the Pre Plus for free now. I could be more patient and wait. I have been an AT&T customer for at least 6 years and my contract is up really soon. I'd rather pay 50 bucks to cancel my contract early and get the phone for free on Amazon.

    So here I come BigRed - Goodbye dropped calls in the NYC area.
  8. #388  
    Everyday I start dying a little inside, because I don't have this phone.
  9. #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Sorry, Playboy, while you and I are on the same page in wanting our new phones now (if not sooner!), I disagree about it being ATT's fault or problem. ATT never promised us anything, other than they would be selling WebOS devices sometime in the first half of 2010. That's it. Just because we (the fanatics on PreCentral) have whipped ourselves up into a lather predicting one date, or another, only to have our dreams dashed when they don't come true, doesn't make it ATT's fault. It's ours for believing that somehow, we could influence that date. If they had said May 2, and then said "Hold on a sec... we're not quite ready.", we would have reason to be upset.

    I have seen enough butchered launches and I don't care if it takes another 2 weeks, or even a month. Get it right at launchtime, so we don't have to wait for "fixes".
    I'm not blaming anyone. The carrier sets the release dates for phones. That is the bottom line. The point of my post was to point out how other carriers around the world can get this seemingly simple task completed while ATT since announcing back on Jan 6 2010 that they'll be carrying webOS devices has yet to release a date.

    I've never said ATT promised anything nor do I think that anyone else implied that. I'm giving facts about launch dates on other carriers and the CES ATT announcement they'd be carrying webOS devices and the date their webOS webpage went live.

    I never believed I or anyone else on this forum could influence ATT's decision on a release date. You may have believed that or others here may have but I'm not naive enough to think that anything we say on treocentral.com can influence Palm or their partners. ATT prolly doesn't even read this forum.

    Again, how much time does ATT need to get a launch right? They've done the iPhone launch three times now so this one shouldn't be any harder. I don't think it's a matter of getting it right.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  10. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I'm not blaming anyone. The carrier sets the release dates for phones. That is the bottom line. The point of my post was to point out how other carriers around the world can get this seemingly simple task completed while ATT since announcing back on Jan 6 2010 that they'll be carrying webOS devices has yet to release a date.

    I've never said ATT promised anything nor do I think that anyone else implied that. I'm giving facts about launch dates on other carriers and the CES ATT announcement they'd be carrying webOS devices and the date their webOS webpage went live.

    I never believed I or anyone else on this forum could influence ATT's decision on a release date. You may have believed that or others here may have but I'm not naive enough to think that anything we say on treocentral.com can influence Palm or their partners. ATT prolly doesn't even read this forum.

    Again, how much time does ATT need to get a launch right? They've done the iPhone launch three times now so this one shouldn't be any harder. I don't think it's a matter of getting it right.
    Honestly, as excited as I am about the HP deal last week, I believe that didn't help with this launch. I mean, how many people did we hear from that heard May 2 from the managers of retail stores? Something had to cause that delay, and I believe that was it. Whether ATT felt the HP deal would overshadow the launch, or whatever, I have no idea. It's just speculation on my part. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks, we won't even remember this anxiety.
    tim
  11. #391  
    Heck i just want a date so i can stop checking this dang site 100 times a day hoping for a release date. And I'd bet you a dollar palm reads this site. Along with many other companies.
    Palm Pro->m505->Zodiac 2->Treo 680->Treo Pro->Pre+
  12. #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Honestly, as excited as I am about the HP deal last week, I believe that didn't help with this launch. I mean, how many people did we hear from that heard May 2 from the managers of retail stores? Something had to cause that delay, and I believe that was it. Whether ATT felt the HP deal would overshadow the launch, or whatever, I have no idea. It's just speculation on my part. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks, we won't even remember this anxiety.
    The HP deal absolutely had no effect on the launch. The HP deal was announced on April 28 around 4pm. If they were launching on May 2 the decision would have been made about a week to two weeks in advance. Its not a thing were ATT corporate sits around and says "Ok, today is Monday, you want to launch a phone on Thursday? Sure." ATT has to to get shipments to and from the regional warehouses. Launch date is a logistical endeavor that requires sufficient planning and communication.

    And those managers that were giving out supposed release dates were most likely talking out of their a*sses b/c we've heard other people say May 16, late May, early June. None of them know for sure.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  13. #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Sorry, Playboy, while you and I are on the same page in wanting our new phones now (if not sooner!), I disagree about it being ATT's fault or problem. ATT never promised us anything, other than they would be selling WebOS devices sometime in the first half of 2010. That's it. Just because we (the fanatics on PreCentral) have whipped ourselves up into a lather predicting one date, or another, only to have our dreams dashed when they don't come true, doesn't make it ATT's fault. It's ours for believing that somehow, we could influence that date. If they had said May 2, and then said "Hold on a sec... we're not quite ready.", we would have reason to be upset.

    I have seen enough butchered launches and I don't care if it takes another 2 weeks, or even a month. Get it right at launchtime, so we don't have to wait for "fixes".
    This is AT&T, they are SLOW with releases. Now even slower than Verizon, which makes them look really bad when they keep comparing themselves to Big Red. And a June release is almost a "forget it" release. If the prototype story was right, an HD iPhone screen with real buttons? Yeah that is not great news for the Pre. Unless maybe they also sell it at a very low price. I read $149 on Engadget, it's within this article. They may want to try for $100 if they wait until June.

    Verizon Palm Pre Plus drops to $30 on contract -- Engadget
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  14. #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jseven View Post
    I'm going to bite the bullet and switch to Verizon. The plans are the same price, but I can get the Pre Plus for free now. I could be more patient and wait. I have been an AT&T customer for at least 6 years and my contract is up really soon. I'd rather pay 50 bucks to cancel my contract early and get the phone for free on Amazon.

    So here I come BigRed - Goodbye dropped calls in the NYC area.
    I was strongly considering doing the same, I mean the pre plus for $30 and free mobile wifi is very tempting. I did go to a verizon store over the weekend to see, I decided againts it because my plan would be $20 more a month, the 3g speeds were soooo much slower, and I would miss having sim cards.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  15. #395  
    Slower than AT&T and their constantly throttled network???
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16. #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I was strongly considering doing the same, I mean the pre plus for $30 and free mobile wifi is very tempting. I did go to a verizon store over the weekend to see, I decided againts it because my plan would be $20 more a month, the 3g speeds were soooo much slower, and I would miss having sim cards.
    The plans are the same price. Talk 450 on each is $39.99. AT&T Talk 450+Text is $59.99 the exact same as Verizon. Each with a $29.99 a month Smartphone data plan. The speeds don't matter much when you can't get a signal in a building or your network downgrades you to Edge 2.5. I would rather pay for a connection that is pretty close to their speed and usable. And at this point if I lock in a free tether wifi for the next two years I'll have internet on my laptop as well. We still do not know if AT&T will allow this.
  17. #397  
    I guess it depends on the area you live in. Pc mag released their speed comparisons a couple of months ago and ATT was faster than V or Sprint in all of the cities they tested in. For me, I used a V Pre + for 30 days in March. V's 3G speed was 850kbps down and the up was 138kbps. On my father's iPhone I'm getting 2.3-2.6mpbs down and 255kbps up on a consistent basis and I expect the same thing from ATT's Pre+. Evdo is not as fast as HSPA on it's good day.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  18. #398  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jseven View Post
    The plans are the same price. Talk 450 on each is $39.99. AT&T Talk 450+Text is $59.99 the exact same as Verizon. Each with a $29.99 a month Smartphone data plan. The speeds don't matter much when you can't get a signal in a building or your network downgrades you to Edge 2.5. I would rather pay for a connection that is pretty close to their speed and usable. And at this point if I lock in a free tether wifi for the next two years I'll have internet on my laptop as well. We still do not know if AT&T will allow this.
    AT&T will not allow tethering b/c they had Palm remove the mobile hotspot app. All you have to do is look at their recent comments on iPhone tethering and you'll understand that they're still worried about the capacity of their network.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  19. #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jseven View Post
    The plans are the same price. Talk 450 on each is $39.99. AT&T Talk 450+Text is $59.99 the exact same as Verizon. Each with a $29.99 a month Smartphone data plan. The speeds don't matter much when you can't get a signal in a building or your network downgrades you to Edge 2.5. I would rather pay for a connection that is pretty close to their speed and usable. And at this point if I lock in a free tether wifi for the next two years I'll have internet on my laptop as well. We still do not know if AT&T will allow this.
    I meant in my case. I have a student discount with AT&T that isn't offered by verizon, so I would be paying around an extra $20 month. As for service quality, if your in NYC, then I'm surprised you're still on AT&T after 6 years from what I have heard about their service there. I'm in the Tampa Bay area and AT&T service here is great, had for 6 years as well after shorts stints with sprint, t-mobile, and verizon. And I generally get 1.5-1.8 mbps on speed tests with AT&T. Not sure what verizons is, but it was noticably slower when I was test downloading my fav. Sites on their pre plus.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  20. #400  
    @Fernandez21
    You are correct. I never claimed that Verizon was faster than AT&T. In my experience AT&T 3G in New York is better than it was when I had my iPhone. I was forced to mostly switch over to Edge to make a decent call or turn on wifi. I paid for 3G and barely had a chance to use it. Wifi is a nice option to have though not a deal breaker for me. I would certainly connect to a home network, but on the road I do not see myself connecting to wifi at a coffee shop/etc. Most of my heavy use is in transit. So having a decent signal when I am going through a tunnel or over a bridge is a must. Nothing like being stuck in traffic with a little GPRS/Edge keeping you company. EVDO is at least double AT&T's Edge 2.5. It might not be as fast, but I would gladly pay for consistency over the chance of having a not much faster(in real world testing - iPhone in NY about 1.6mbps down hovering at around 900kbps) connection.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions