Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Again, I think you'll see the webOS phones on ATT by June at the latest. I'm just going back to what ATT Mobility CEO said in Jan at CES: "first half of 2010". As someone mentioned earlier, ATT will begin training employees on the webOS phones this week. Taking into account the first half of the year quote and training beginning this week, its not hard to believe that we're on schedule for a mid May release.
    Keep in mind that 1H2010 ends June 30.

I hate AT&T, so this is no benefit to me (plus I have Sprint), but I believe that the Pre/Pixi Plus on AT&T will be out in May because it sits well with the launch dates, the training arrangements, the original rumor of May 10/17 and so many more things.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Sunday, April 11, 2010
    Palm Pre Plus Release Date for AT&T
    I was told today that AT&T will release their version of the Palm Pre Plus on April 19, 2010. This should be credible information as it came from an AT&T inventory control person.

My cell contract is up next month so I have been looking for alternatives to my Palm Centro. I need to stay with AT&T since we are on a family plan. The Apple I-Phone 3Gs and the Motorola Backflip (a Google Android phone) are good upgrades, but two new not yet released AT&T phones sound very intriguing. I am referring to the Palm Pre Plus and the Dell Aero (another Android phone). There are lots of Internet reviews of the Verizon's Palm Pre Plus which will be very similar to the AT&T version, but very little info on the Dell Aero.

The AT&T Palm info page lists all the info AT&T has made public so far. The main improvements over the original Palm Pre appear to be an increase in memory from 256 MB to 512 MB and doubling the storage from 8 GB to 16 GB. The AT&T version ups the Verizon version by adding a camcorder.
    Which one will I choose? Like many decisions in life, it frequently comes down to money. The Motorola Backflip currently sells for $99 after an instant rebate and two year contract. The Palm website shows $149 (after a $100 mail-in rebate/2 year contract) as the AT&T price. The I-Phone 3Gs sells as a refurb for $149.

Lots of information to assimilate in the next few weeks.
    Posted by Greg Simpson at 5:04 PM

Non-tech Tech: Palm Pre Plus Release Date for AT&T
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    AT&T telephone rep says mid-June. So not sure what to believe. Unless the company is giving the phone reps a head-fake by putting June into the computer system.

Ack. I am tired of waiting.

~aviduser
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    Quote Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
    AT&T telephone rep says mid-June. So not sure what to believe. Unless the company is giving the phone reps a head-fake by putting June into the computer system.

Ack. I am tired of waiting.

~aviduser
    Here's some second hand info posted today in the AT&T Community Forums Palm Thread:

Re: Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus on AT&T officially. - Wireless Forums from AT&T
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I am friends with another rep in a charlotte AT&T store. Says he playing with a Pre Plus right now. I imagine the release has gotta be sometime soon. Says he is now torn between Android and WebOS LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
    . The AT&T version ups the Verizon version by adding a camcorder.
    [/url]
    lol sorry but all versions of Palm have a camcorder. That was released in the webOS 1.4 release.
    But does anyone think it will be difficult to add the "wifi hotspot" app that AT&T is omitting but is a feature on VZW? With this OS I assume it should be easy right?

Thanks in advance.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    But does anyone think it will be difficult to add the "wifi hotspot" app that AT&T is omitting but is a feature on VZW? With this OS I assume it should be easy right?

Thanks in advance.
    one word: mytether
    working for wifi tethering on an unlocked Movistar Pre with an AT&T SIM card (on AT&T)

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Thanks in advance.
    I would assume relatively easy. It was really simple for Bell, just extract the ipk and run a few lines in Linux command.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    one word: mytether
    working for wifi tethering on an unlocked Movistar Pre with an AT&T SIM card (on AT&T)

TTB
    Don't have my Pre....yet, but will once it drops on AT&T--is mytether an app that you can easily find in the app store? Is it free?

Thanks
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Don't have my Pre....yet, but will once it drops on AT&T--is mytether an app that you can easily find in the app store? Is it free?

Thanks
    MyTether is Homebrew.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Wish to get the Pixi Plus on AT&T b/c it has a fixed keyboard and it resembles the Treo line of Palm devices. Does anyone knows if the Pixi will also carry 16GB onboard and more system memory (512MB)?
    Pixi plus still has 8gb and 256 ram
    Thx for the answer, it seems that the Pre is always a step ahead of the Pixi for financial or leaser reasons. As I can see from reviews the Pre plus also has auto focus for it's digi cam, but the Pixi doesn't. That is sucks, b/c Palm shouldn't have any problem implementing the same hardware on both devices and keep the fixed keyboard flavor.
    my wife just upgraded her phone at att. The customer rep said the pre+ should be out in about 30 days.

I hope this is true
    Palm Pro->m505->Zodiac 2->Treo 680->Treo Pro->Pre+
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    My daughter just called Tuesday night to rub my nose into the dirt. She just got her (Verizon) Pixi Plus! C'mon ATT, I'm dying here! Let's hope it's April 19!!!

As a side note, it was hard to believe, but she said the Verizon sales rep actually did NOT try to talk her out of the Pixi and into a Droid, even though he was much more into the Droid himself. She was having trouble using all of the new gestures (she is coming from a Treo) and about ready to try the Droid, or something different, and the rep actually told her to keep playing with it for a few more minutes. She did, and finally got comfortable with it, and bought it.
    tim
    I can't wait Palm Pixi on AT&T. I mean all I would have to do is swap my SIM from my current iPhone 3GS and pop it into the Pixi and start enjoying the advantages of webOS fully multiple-task features + a physical fixed keyboard. I envision my self running by default (always opened); facebook, address book, email app and internet and just swap from one to the other at will w/o loosing the state I was in, like it happens on my current iPhone 3Gs.
    Another possible release date surfaces from the depths of nerdville .....

Palm Pre Plus To Land On AT&T May 2nd (Photos) | Nerd News : Your community for all things nerdy!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    So, I stopped into my local ATT store tonight. Asked the manager if he had received his demo Palm Pre and Pixi units yet. He said, "Yeah, but I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. It's sitting on my desk, uncharged. By the way, how did you happen to know about that?"

I told him "Everyone that cares already knows about it!" He had to make a phone call to his boss, but he called me within half-an-hour of leaving the store and told me I could come back and actually look at it anytime this weekend. I'm geeked!

He couldn't provide me with any dates, official or otherwise, but I bet Barry will let us know, soon enough.
    tim
    It can't be completely uncharged... I think all Pres are charged with battery sitting in the phone already. At least that's how mine came.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast