Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    If they sell a few hundred thousand of these, great, but if these people come in and buy the new iphone instead, even better. Sad, but probably true.
    Aaah, never thought of that, pull people in for the iPhone that never would have come in otherwise.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Aaah, never thought of that, pull people in for the iPhone that never would have come in otherwise.
    Yup.
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    P.S. Apologies for my cool, calm, collected demeanor about this situation. For me, patience is easy to come by regarding the wait since I'm fortunate enough to be toting around my unlocked Telcel GSM Palm Pre with full 3G functionality on AT&T's network.
    (Looking forward to loading up the 800 MHz overclock on an AT&T Pre Plus!)
    Angry people waiting for the GSM Pre Plus...

Barry is down here being beaten brutallly.

Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Angry people waiting for the GSM Pre Plus...

Barry is down here being beaten brutallly.

Too good

having same feeling
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Watching Barry being beaten reminds me of the scene from "Office Space", where they finally put the equipment out of it's misery!
    tim
    If AT&T is purposefully dragging its heels on the release to position it closer to the iPhone, then why doesn't Palm just release the unlocked GSM version itself?

I'm sure many of us would rather have that one anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by bela41 View Post
    If AT&T is purposefully dragging its heels on the release to position it closer to the iPhone, then why doesn't Palm just release the unlocked GSM version itself?

I'm sure many of us would rather have that one anyways.
    Damn good question!!!
    Those stores were saying Sunday is up now saying they don't know when it will be up for sale. I guess I will be better of refreshing this page for at least couple of days
    I think its just what the above post stated, they understand the iphone is coming, and they have the clientel that buy the iphone regardless whats released before or after. So I think they will still release it on 05/10 get what they can from it, while they release the iphone the next month. AT&T dosent look at the pre plus as a huge launch (and they shouldnt) they just look at it as finally a web os device in their lineup, if it sells alot then it sells alot if not then it dosent. Though they also look at it like thats less competiton for them, if customers want a Web OS phone they have the best available currently, and they dont have to worry about customers going to Verizon, or sprint to get it they can still stay at AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    I still think that AT&T will not be launching till June, or close to the iPhone release date. Dont know why they would want to launch so close to the iPhone but, its looking that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    To be honest, I don't think they care that much. If they sell a few hundred thousand of these, great, but if these people come in and buy the new iphone instead, even better. Sad, but probably true.
    I for one am not with you guys on that line of thinking.

Consider this, if you will. The iPhone exclusivity agreement is bound to expire at some point, and most likely "Little" red riding hood (Carrier Verizon) will get a shot at selling the new iPhone alongside "Big A" (you know that "A" doesn't stand for Apple). Suppose as part of the agreement with "Big A" to sell Palm's current WebOS 1.x devices now (Pre + and Pixi +), "Big A" gets an exclusive right to sell (or at least a first right of rufusal at it) the forthcoming WebOS 2.x devices "reportedly" in development or pre-production. Palm/HP's devices have an opportunity or an opening to become flagship devices. We all know WebOS is good enough to take them there. That's just some food for thought, and for the customers of whichever carrier is fortunate enough to work out an exclusive agreement to sell those WebOS 2.x devices, it prolly tastes pretty darn good!

If you aren't buying this as plausable, then go take a browse through the FCC public records documents many people (myself included) browse through hoping to glean information about future devices and potential carrier release dates. I'm not going to post links, its a PIA to sort through govt documents in the first place, and assembling the data for a specific device from the FCC site is just to tedous for a Sunday morning. If you see what I see, theres a boatload of activity with dates between Sept - Dec 2010 that have Palm's name written all over them. It'd be foolish to think Palm's plans are to keep regurgitating the current Pre and Pixi hardware with WebOS 2.x on it, or to do round two exclusivly on the USA's third ranked carrier again ......... Ruby's too smart a man to allow either scenario!

p.S. - Addendum, Which of the two company's (Apple or Palm) do you think demands and gets the most money for each device a carrier sells? In case you didn't know, in the US, the cost of the device is generally more than the contract subsidy price we the customer pays for the device at the time of purchase- ie; the carrier has to cover the difference which they inevitably recoup during the first part of that 1 or 2 year contract you sign. Next question, which of the two company's devices is easier to use and has a better more user-friendly OS GUI? It's the one that costs the carriers less for a change .....
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/02/2010 at 01:48 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I just talked to my local At&t Rep and also my BestBuy Mobile Rep and both have told me that June 16 is At&t's hit the street date. This really sucks! COME ON At&t is this the best that you can do! How disappointing is this!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rev12 View Post
    I just talked to my local At&t Rep and also my BestBuy Mobile Rep and both have told me that June 16 is At&t's hit the street date. This really sucks! COME ON At&t is this the best that you can do! How disappointing is this!!!
    June 16th doesn't sound right. Let's just see what happens this month.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by rev12 View Post
    I don't use this word as often as I should, but here's a case where it's needed.

HOGWASH!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Stopped in the 2 local ATT stores here in New Orleans earlier today. The rep from the first store said 'we don't even have any in the store but they are coming soon, REAL soon'.

The manager from the 2nd store said basically the same thing but I pressed her on one week, two weeks, etc. She said if she had to guess it would be 2 weeks from today and that 'we usually release new phones on the weekends'.

Not much new information I know but at least it's something...
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Looks like everyone has give up hope that it will be launched today! lol!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I was in Kalamazoo today, so I stopped by the ATT store there. The kid was very helpful and was excited about the new Pre. He said that he was actually going to be carrying one when they got them, which surprised me.

Anyway, I asked him what he had heard about the release date. Without hesitating, he said "May 15th. At least, that's what my supervisor tells me. Although, that's a Saturday, and we almost always release devices like this on a Sunday."

For what it's worth...
    tim
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    As I posted before, I think it's going to be May 16th.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Pixi+ launching on Spain Vodafone on May 10th--come on AT&T, make it happen!!!!
    Looks like AT&T don't need any revenue from Palm/HP, too bad for us who are waiting for WebOS on AT&T
    I really taught the AT&T release date would be as past as yesterday.