Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    very thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Just a thought... since the devs got a message saying next OS update is coming in May, are they just waiting on that?
    The one which verison got? 1.4.1.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    The one which verison got? 1.4.1.1?
    No, more likely something like 1.4.5
    I just called 2 stores in Indiana 1 corp and one auth. reseller. Both said the release date was tomorrow. When I asked the corp store if they had plenty in stock she put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back and said they didn't have any in stock. she advised that I call around and to find a store with them in stock. When I asked the same question to the Auth. Reseller I was given the same answer NONE in Stock. Calling other stores to check stock.
    Just called at least 10 stores in Indianapolis and not one Pre in stock! One store said didn't think it was tomorrow but didn't know when it was. Another store said not coming tomorrow it's been delayed and he didn't know when the new date was. All the others seemed suprised when I asked them to check stock and they didn't have any.
    I'm sure and positive that a release date could be tomorrow based on all the speculation and the ones who have called corp and athorized dealer stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by techyforyou View Post
    I just called 2 stores in Indiana 1 corp and one auth. reseller. Both said the release date was tomorrow. When I asked the corp store if they had plenty in stock she put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back and said they didn't have any in stock. she advised that I call around and to find a store with them in stock. When I asked the same question to the Auth. Reseller I was given the same answer NONE in Stock. Calling other stores to check stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    they may not even receive the devices until later afternoon on the night before a launch so as to keep it as secret as possible.
    npyle:
    Any remaining hope of a May 2nd release now rests solely that being the case!

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by techyforyou View Post
    Just called at least 10 stores in Indianapolis and not one Pre in stock! One store said didn't think it was tomorrow but didn't know when it was. Another store said not coming tomorrow it's been delayed and he didn't know when the new date was. All the others seemed suprised when I asked them to check stock and they didn't have any.
    Maybe they do have stock and are not telling the truth about it! Otherwise, UPS is making a fortune off of their Saturday delivery service.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Just called three stores in LA County "Don't know the information yet" is what I basically got from all three ;_;
    While I out running errands this afternoon, I stopped into a corp store to inquire about the release and to get something corrected on my account. The woman helping me said that she and the rest of her fellow store employees completed their training this week. She said that the training was done in a manner where they have the physical phone and then they look at a computer screen and repeat the gestures on the phone.

So after she said how cool the phone was and how much she liked multitasking (her words) and how much it fit into the palm of your hand, I asked her when the phone would be released. She said Sunday. Her manager was standing next to her and said "No, it's not being released on Sunday." I then asked that if it was being released tomorrow wouldn't she have them in stock. So she went back to check and she didn't have any. She asked the other sales rep in the back when the phones would be released and he/she didn't know.

So I asked the manager if ATT does staggered releases for phones where some stores would get a shipment and others don't. The manager said "No". Which doesn't surprise me.

As we can prolly all tell by now, the phones won't be released tomorrow. Maybe May 16th.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I still think May 2 is the "confirm it's coming soon" and/or pre-order for business customers date. We'll just get a release date for general consumers tomorrow. Seems too many stores are apparently not ready for tomorrow so it has to be a later date.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I can live with it not being May 2. What I will be very disappointed by is, if it IS the 10th. Why would you release a phone on a Monday??? I would rather see it the 16th (Sunday) than the 10th. Most people are at work all day, and they are not going to be excited to go spend an hour+ at their phone store afterward.
    tim
    Over on HowardForums, in the AT&T Rep: Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus thread, HowardForums member and self proclaimed AT&T Rep "nbohmer" claims May 9th is the release date. Here's a link:
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - ATT Rep: Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus

After being asked "where is the press release", here's his response:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - ATT Rep: Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus

It's now time to stop pressing the "F5" key for a few days on the hunch store stock will be arriving during the week so the device or devices can hit the floor next Sunday, May 9th. Sounds realistic enough to me at this juncture .....

TTB

P.S. Apologies for my cool, calm, collected demeanor about this situation. For me, patience is easy to come by regarding the wait since I'm fortunate enough to be toting around my unlocked Telcel GSM Palm Pre with full 3G functionality on AT&T's network.
    (Looking forward to loading up the 800 MHz overclock on an AT&T Pre Plus!)
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 05/01/2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Well, I called in the first store that told me sunday, to see if I can get pricing info and stuff for tommorrow. My rep told me that it was delayed until next Sunday and to call her next saturday to get pricing and stuff. Regardless yesterday I started feeling that tommorrow would be a pipe, so hopefully next week.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Well, I called in the first store that told me sunday, to see if I can get pricing info and stuff for tommorrow. My rep told me that it was delayed until next Sunday and to call her next saturday to get pricing and stuff. Regardless yesterday I started feeling that tommorrow would be a pipe, so hopefully next week.
    That's now two hits for Sunday, May 9th.

Better than the 16th!

TTB
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    That's now two hits for Sunday, May 9th.

Better than the 16th!

TTB
    I too just called the 2 stores that had confirmed this Sunday and they do not have the phones. Both reps put me on hold and went in the back for a few minutes to check. They said that was strange because they were pretty sure they were launching tomorrow, but 'maybe something happened to delay?' was their response to not having the phones.

At this point I'd say tomorrow isn't happening. And I sure as heck hope that next Sunday, May 9th is it. One other store that I called--local store by me that previously said they had no information--said that they didn't have any phones and they still didn't have any information but he thought he heard May 16th.

I will try to temper my expectations this week and not get as wrapped up as I did this week as I'm a bit bummed it's not dropping tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I can live with it not being May 2. What I will be very disappointed by is, if it IS the 10th. Why would you release a phone on a Monday??? I would rather see it the 16th (Sunday) than the 10th. Most people are at work all day, and they are not going to be excited to go spend an hour+ at their phone store afterward.
    Especialy since this is supposed to be a smart/work phone!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I was out this evening and happened to be in the neighborhood of the ATT store, so I popped in, even though I knew tomorrow was a wash-out. I simply asked the person if she had heard the release date for the Pre. She (without hesitating) said no, but to not expect it until the middle of the month, because they just had a "system refresh", which she explained was their computer system adding all the new phones and pricing to it. She said the Palm phones were not on it, and the next one that was scheduled was on the 15th. I guess we'll know when we know, eh?
    tim
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    next one that was scheduled was on the 15th. I guess we'll know when we know, eh?

I still think that AT&T will not be launching till June, or close to the iPhone release date.

Dont know why they would want to launch so close to the iPhone but, its looking that way.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    I still think that AT&T will not be launching till June, or close to the iPhone release date.

Dont know why they would want to launch so close to the iPhone but, its looking that way.
    To be honest, I don't think they care that much. If they sell a few hundred thousand of these, great, but if these people come in and buy the new iphone instead, even better. Sad, but probably true.
    tim