Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Anybody check an east coast store today like in NY--too early for CA where I am.

And I can't imagine HP acquisition will have any impact on this situation as both boards and stockholders will have to approve the deal so even though they likely will approve it has not happened yet.
    checked Times Square flagship store (212)-921-1984 for you. The rep said they did not know the date yet and it was not this weekend.

Sorry
    went to my local store today, wouldn't tell me anything directly but while I was waiting I overheard the clerks talking about their webOS training. Apparantly they've been getting reminders all week to do it. O.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    went to my local store today, wouldn't tell me anything directly but while I was waiting I overheard the clerks talking about their webOS training. Apparantly they've been getting reminders all week to do it. O.O
    Yep. That's their manager's fault. Did their tones sound like they were blowing off the training. Well, now that I think about it they apparently were blowing it off. Again, that's on their manager for not making sure that they had their training done.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    secret as possible

What is the point of keeping this a secret?
    What could they possibly get for all this secrecy?
    I wish I knew. Made some more calls today to Nashville (having phone problems), Jackson,TN (no info), Memphis (May or June) and N Mississippi (Getting them but do not know when)
    Just spoke with AT&T at Largo mall location
    Me: Do u have pricing info
    Rep: we do, let me check
    Me: ok
    Rep: long hold, no we dont, but come on Sunday

she was confident that release is on Sunday

Hurre
    This really is kind of funny when you think about it. I really love the spectrum of answers from the CSR's and of course their confidence......
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Just called at&t store in windgap, pa

Me: wonderinf when the palm pre plus was going to be released

Her: may 16th

Me: okay thanks

She seriously just gave me a direct answer and no hesitation!
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Start asking these CSRs you guys call if they've been trained on WebOS yet.
    I just asked a co-worker in the NY office to help me go and ask... there's an AT&T store (that scammed me once) right across...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Start asking these CSRs you guys call if they've been trained on WebOS yet.
    From what I've read most of them have been and are in the process of being trained. There are others however, that haven't been trained b/c their managers initiated the training.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    My local store manager just told me today via email that they're expecting the pre plus shipment Monday.... no word about launch date.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    This really is kind of funny when you think about it. I really love the spectrum of answers from the CSR's and of course their confidence......
    It definitely is crazy the varying answers we have been receiving. Just confirms one thing, AT&T is definitely trying to build suspense with the Pre+/Pixi+ launch. But by doing so they are driving a bunch of their customers--me included--absolutely stir crazy

Just had a thought--and it doesn't bode well for launch on Sunday. Wonder if the CSR's who have stated the Sunday date are confusing receiving their 'dummy' units with a launch? I sure as heck hope not, but that thought just crossed my mind after reading the article about dummy units starting to arrive at stores.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Hopefuly by this time tomorrow night we will have confirmation on whether Sunday is happening or not. Keeping fingers crossed that somehow, someway AT&T pulls this off and makes Sunday a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    Just called at&t store in windgap, pa

Me: wonderinf when the palm pre plus was going to be released

Her: may 16th

Me: okay thanks

She seriously just gave me a direct answer and no hesitation!
    yeah that sounds right. My source told me the May 2nd has been delayed till the 16.
  16. 3FC
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hello all.. just found this thread, probably a good thing otherwise I'd have been following it daily with the rest of you. Although it's nice to see I'm not the only one going nuts waiting for this phone
    Well, since we haven't heard anything by now, I'm assuming it's not going to be this Sunday, only 2 scenerios I see for this Sunday. Either this Sunday is when you can order them online with store release later, or this Sunday is a soft launch with only select stores getting it an a nationwide launch later, though I highly doubt either.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    May 16th is fine, but any later and other phones are coming into view.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    <<Thread Title Renamed - do to P|C Front Page>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Just a thought... since the devs got a message saying next OS update is coming in May, are they just waiting on that?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here