Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Toni, I'm definitely in....pick me up on the way to Memphis....let's do this!!! LOL
    Toronto to Memphis is only 16 hours lol
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Perhaps it will be announced/available for order online on May 2nd and available in stores in May 16th?
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Perhaps it will be announced/available for order online on May 2nd and available in stores in May 16th?
    Nope don't want that

pre make some magic and appear in AT&T store on Sunday morning for sale
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yet again the release trolls smile at the havoc they have set forth unto ATT land
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    That's what I'm thinking too. I'm resigned to waiting for some time in May. Just as long as it's before June, please.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtopper View Post
    Yet again the release trolls smile at the havoc they have set forth unto ATT land
    Well, I guess it's possible for the trolls to be at the root of all of this madness; however, calling stores--in different states--and verifying the same information that others have posted here lends some credit to authenticity.

Although as a few have mentioned, maybe AT&T reps are reading forum posts here and are fueling the fire? Who knows.....

Hopefully by tomorrow evening we'll have a better idea of things....
    Anybody check an east coast store today like in NY--too early for CA where I am.

And I can't imagine HP acquisition will have any impact on this situation as both boards and stockholders will have to approve the deal so even though they likely will approve it has not happened yet.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I called two stores here in Chicago to see if there was any news.

1) 70 W Madison - no word; and not very forthcoming with any info.

2) 235 W Monroe - heard rumors about soon, but no release date or other info yet.

The fact that it's already midday Friday is starting to make me doubt we'll see anything this weekend.

Anyone else hear any updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by bela41 View Post
    I called two stores here in Chicago to see if there was any news.

1) 70 W Madison - no word; and not very forthcoming with any info.

2) 235 W Monroe - heard rumors about soon, but no release date or other info yet.

The fact that it's already midday Friday is starting to make me doubt we'll see anything this weekend.

Anyone else hear any updates?
    Unfortunately I am thinking doubtful regarding this weekend too as devices would have to start showing up in stores--how could they possibly schedule Saturday deliveries everywhere?

I am guessing Sunday is the formal announcement and CSR's are just getting hearsay information.

But, I would love to be wrong!!
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Unfortunately I am thinking doubtful regarding this weekend too as devices would have to start showing up in stores--how could they possibly schedule Saturday deliveries everywhere?

I am guessing Sunday is the formal announcement and CSR's are just getting hearsay information.

But, I would love to be wrong!!
    Yeah, I'm thinking this w/e is highly doubtful as well, but man I sure do hope I'm wrong. I still plan on calling a few stores--the ones who communicated to me a Sunday launch--back tomorrow to check in and see if there are any further updates.

I do know that several associates that I talked with said it's not unlikely for them to not know about a launch like this or Apple's, etc. until the day/night before. Some of them even went so far as to say that in this cases, they may not even receive the devices until later afternoon on the night before a launch so as to keep it as secret as possible.

This has been such a tough week with back-and-forth information...don't know how much more of this I can take
    300+ posts on 1 freakin rumour...tired of this may 2nd hype
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    I do know that several associates that I talked with said it's not unlikely for them to not know about a launch like this or Apple's, etc. until the day/night before. Some of them even went so far as to say that in this cases, they may not even receive the devices until later afternoon on the night before a launch so as to keep it as secret as possible.
    Well, those associates are right in what they told you. When the 3GS was released, ATT didn't issue a press release until the day before the phone was to go on sale. The associates didn't know until the day before I believe. So the webOS release could be similar but I don't know.

What I do know is that I'm out of memory on my current phone and I can't send or receive sms' and I waiting for ATT to release the darn Pre+.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    FWIW, store rep told me that they usually get a Friday afternoon message from corporate for a Sunday release. Gives them time to set up the store, rearrange displays, etc.
    One rep denied for this Sunday, but rather said it is on May 5th
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    One rep denied for this Sunday, but rather said it is on May 5th
    Sorry but this calls for a LMAO. I don't know when its coming out. But at least its all in this month.....sigh. May 2n, May 5th, May 16th....oh boy
    Just got off the phone with a sales rep from an AT&T store in Santa Monica, CA at 808 Wilshire Boulevard. When I first asked about the Pre, he gave me the standard "Don't know anything, not released, go online", but when I asked him about a May 2nd release, he put me on hold and went to go check on that. He said the system doesn't have any information on that, but it will "definitely be in May, check back next week and we can get you the exact date".

So, maybe there is some truth that the release date will be announced on the 2nd for the 16th. I hope not, I hope it's being released on the 2nd, but just having a date will make me happy(er)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt321 View Post
    Just got off the phone with a sales rep from an AT&T store in Santa Monica, CA at 808 Wilshire Boulevard. When I first asked about the Pre, he gave me the standard "Don't know anything, not released, go online", but when I asked him about a May 2nd release, he put me on hold and went to go check on that. He said the system doesn't have any information on that, but it will "definitely be in May, check back next week and we can get you the exact date".

So, maybe there is some truth that the release date will be announced on the 2nd for the 16th. I hope not, I hope it's being released on the 2nd, but just having a date will make me happy(er)!
    that is so correct, this suspense is killing my patience
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Hope that's a good sign that the actual release is very close.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I was just going to post this. That still doesn't tell me anything. We need units that are for sell. But then again, if the display units are going in, we should be seeing the for sale units any day now. Maybe Sunday.
    Are you trying to hurt me?