Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soloque View Post
    WOW!...this is crazy! Cingular/ATT has a large distribution center here in Memphis...makes me want to go postal on them.
    Anyone up for a heist? I'm a great driver.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    I called the 3rd corp store that is within the 5-mile radius from my place and was told that is has been pushed back to May 16th. So I asked what was the original date they were shooting for. He said it had originally be May 2nd, but now they are told it's now pushed back.

He did not hesitate, but answered my question quite straightforwardly. Call me an *****, but I somehow truly believe him. All the stores that said they don't have the device yet lends credence to the fact that it can't possible launch this weekend if they don't even have the phone yet. I think May 16 it is.
    I too just walked out of a corp store and the woman there said Sunday is the date. No hesitation at all...actually she didn't even look at me. I'm not sure where to go on this one, she seemed quite convincing to me too. I guess we'll all find out in a couple days huh?

EDIT: Oh btw I'm going to another corp store after class in an hour....will report back!
    Last edited by Adeno; 04/29/2010 at 04:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    So, I've been intently following this thread for some time now, and I have decided to go ahead and make a few calls myself regarding the release date speculation... All of these calls were made within my city, Springfield, MO, and turned up an interesting detail that may not have been stated prior to this...

Call #1 I asked the guy who answered if he knew anything about the release date of the Pre. He said no, "We have not received any information on it yet, sorry".

Call #2 This was probably the most interesting of the three calls. I asked the guy who answered if he had any information and he said that AT&T had signed some sort of deal in which "he's not allowed to reveal any release information". I tried to press him, but he wouldn't say anything..

Call #3 I asked the guy who answered and he said, "The Pre? Hold on a sec." He then asked somebody off the phone if the Pre was the one supposedly coming out on the 2nd of May. He returned to the phone and said, "Yeah, it looks like the Pre is coming out on Sunday." I asked him then if they had any in stock, but he said no.

So there you have it. Yet another person saying the 2nd, and another saying he has no idea. I'm not quite sure what to make of the second call yet though..
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeno View Post
    actually she didn't even look at me.
    Service at it's finest.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HWReaver View Post
    Service at it's finest.
    She was trying to get her iPhone to multi-task!
    tim
    Called three stores in Irvine, Tustin CA.
    All three reported the same thing:

"Not sure of what the release date is"
    To which I replied, "are you sure it's not this Sunday, May 2nd?"

The three reps said exactly the same thing, "It won't be this Sunday".

Here's where it gets good:

One added "It's been pushed to the middle of May".
    Another added "It can't be this weekend, we don't have them here yet".
    The third added "It's been pushed out to May 16th"

Wonder if they are reading this thread ????????????
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Called three stores in Irvine, Tustin CA.
    All three reported the same thing:

"Not sure of what the release date is"
    To which I replied, "are you sure it's not this Sunday, May 2nd?"

The three reps said exactly the same thing, "It won't be this Sunday".

Here's where it gets good:

One added "It's been pushed to the middle of May".
    Another added "It can't be this weekend, we don't have them here yet".
    The third added "It's been pushed out to May 16th"

Wonder if they are reading this thread ????????????
    It does make one wonder.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Hey come to think about it, if there are AT&T reps reading this site, might not be a bad thing. This shows they have genuine interest in the Pre Plus/Pixi Plus, and it'll just benefit Palm if the reps know the phones.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Okay, just got back from actually going to a store. I talked to a manger there who said she had just taken a conference call about the device. She said that it is slated for a Sunday release, but it is strange that they haven't received any devices yet. I gave her my phone number; as she said she is going to make a call to her corporate office on the issue and give me a call back. Fingers crossed!
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    From reading all the posts, I have to say it looks like AT&T will most likely give us a release date in may.

The AT&T Pre+ will be release at the same time that the new iPhone is being released.

Maybe not on the same day, but very very close to each other.
    Got back from store 2 and the rep there was clueless...at this point I'm going to call the first store i went to, and confirm that it is Sunday May 2nd and just show up there.. I don't know if this means anything to you guys but Kenji (the rep) said they usually wait last minute to tell the reps so they don't tell customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by C1rclez View Post
    Okay, just got back from actually going to a store. I talked to a manger there who said she had just taken a conference call about the device. She said that it is slated for a Sunday release, but it is strange that they haven't received any devices yet. I gave her my phone number; as she said she is going to make a call to her corporate office on the issue and give me a call back. Fingers crossed!

Hmmmm, maybe available for order online Sunday May 2nd, and available at retail outlets at unannounced date later in the month .....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    From reading all the posts, I have to say it looks like AT&T will most likely give us a release date in may.

The AT&T Pre+ will be release at the same time that the new iPhone is being released.

Maybe not on the same day, but very very close to each other.
    That would be suicidal.

And new iPhone is coming in June, not May. WWDC.

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    That would be suicidal.

And new iPhone is coming in June, not May. WWDC.
    Sorry I should have clarified...

They will tell us the release day in May, and it will be about a month later. Putting the actual release date in June.
    Hey everybody. Since there's so much talk about a possible Sunday release, I caught the "bug" and I did some checking here in the DC area. Here's what I found:

7651 ARUNDEL MILLS BLVD
    HANOVER , MD 21076-No info...sounded rehearsed.

AT&T
    10201 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. BLVD.
    LANHAM, MD 20720-Slated for Sunday. Manager wanted to check the web first. Was promised a callback if they do get them.

7491 GREENBELT ROAD
    GREENBELT, MD 20770-"Haven't heard anything."

1061 ANNAPOLIS MALL
    ANNAPOLIS, MD 21401-"No info"

3921 TOWN CENTER BOULEVARD
    BOWIE, MD 20716-"Between this Monday & next."

220 HARKER PLACE, SUITE #150
    ANNAPOLIS, MD 21401-"Not this Sunday."
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
    Kenji (the rep) said they usually wait last minute to tell the reps so they don't tell customers.
    I have to say, if that's true I find that really frustrating. I mean, I get that they want to build suspense and don't want to promise a release date only to have to disappoint people if the date gets pushed back, but on the other hand, wouldn't it make some sense to try to make sure there are customers in the store to buy the thing when it does come out by, I don't know, publicizing it?

Anyway, for what it's worth, here's what the reps at the store on Beverly & La Cienega in Los Angeles had to say:

Rep #1 said "May 22nd" right away in response to my question "do you know when the Pre is coming out?" Then he qualified by saying, "I think that's what I heard."

Rep #2 (older, wiser-seeming kind of guy) said that he didn't know but that his impression was that the HP announcement would delay the release. He said that they had not gotten any training devices yet and that they usually train for a week before launch (which is consistent with what others have also reported hearing). He also said that the store had just gotten a big delivery of new phones, and none of them were the Pre.

So there you have it - clear as mud just like everywhere else!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamina View Post
    I have to say, if that's true I find that really frustrating. I mean, I get that they want to build suspense and don't want to promise a release date only to have to disappoint people if the date gets pushed back, but on the other hand, wouldn't it make some sense to try to make sure there are customers in the store to buy the thing when it does come out by, I don't know, publicizing it?

Anyway, for what it's worth, here's what the reps at the store on Beverly & La Cienega in Los Angeles had to say:

Rep #1 said "May 22nd" right away in response to my question "do you know when the Pre is coming out?" Then he qualified by saying, "I think that's what I heard."

Rep #2 (older, wiser-seeming kind of guy) said that he didn't know but that his impression was that the HP announcement would delay the release. He said that they had not gotten any training devices yet and that they usually train for a week before launch (which is consistent with what others have also reported hearing). He also said that the store had just gotten a big delivery of new phones, and none of them were the Pre.

So there you have it - clear as mud just like everywhere else!
    On other phone releases they train for one week, which is what they did for the Backflip release. For the iPhone releases and now webOS, they do a month of training and virtual training. That older gentleman rep you spoke with didn't have any training on the phones b/c his manager most likely still has the training phones sitting on his/her desk. The majority of stores have been training on the physical phones for 3 weeks and doing virtual training via the computer.

Some stores have had the training phones since the last Monday in March, which means some have been training longer than others. The training on the webOS phones is supposed to last until the end of April. Those phones will then be used as display models. The longer the delay the longer stores that received their training phones late will have to train.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Thanks for clarifying all that, Playboy! I guess we'll all just have to be patient a little while longer...
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Well I had several meetings after work and then my son's baseball game, so I feel like I've really been disconnected too long to get my updates LOL

So, sounds like things are still up in the air and about as clear as mud currently. Some stores claiming for sure launching this Sunday, others saying not this Sunday, others saying mid-May....very confusing and frustrating. Like Pamina said, I can understand building up suspense, but this is ridiculous--wish they'd just come out and say what day it was dropping on so I can quit trying to stalk out information on it.

With that said, I'm guessing between tomorrow night and Saturday we will have a clearer picture of how likely Sunday is. I plan on calling some new stores and some of the same stores I got Sunday information from both tomorrow and Saturday just to see how things are playing out.

I'll report back any updates I get.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Anyone up for a heist? I'm a great driver.
    Toni, I'm definitely in....pick me up on the way to Memphis....let's do this!!! LOL