Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Great thanks for the verification....god I hope all of this May 2nd information we've been getting actually holds true!!!!
    I'm jealous if it is :P
    Just left corp store in Indianapolis (westside) and was told by the manager that Pre will be out on Sunday
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techyforyou View Post
    Just left corp store in Indianapolis (westside) and was told by the manager that Pre will be out on Sunday
    This is getting better and better...the more confirmation--especially from different states--definitely makes it seem like it's happening.
    So Techy4U's posted inspired me to called 4 ATT Corp Stores in Atlanta to see if the responses would be similar to the one Techy4U recieved:

Atlantic Drive store: Don't know what date we'll be selling the phones
    Peachtree Rd NE: Don't know what date we'll be selling the phones
    Lenox Rd: Don't know what date we'll be selling the phones
    Cascade Rd SW: Don't know what date we'll be selling the phones
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    So Techy4U's posted inspired me to called 4 ATT Corp Stores in Atlanta to see if the responses would be similar to the one Techy4U recieved:

Atlantic Drive store: Don't know what date we'll be selling the phones
    Peachtree Rd NE: Don't know what date we'll be selling the phones
    Lenox Rd: Don't know what date we'll be selling the phones
    Cascade Rd SW: Don't know what date we'll be selling the phones
    That definitely seems to be par for the course. Majority of stores I have called have given that response. And I was really wondering about these other stores that people were reporting a Sunday drop day. That's why I've called those specific stores to see if it's a consistent story or not.

I'm still trying to error on the side of caution, because I don't want to be sorely disappointed this Sunday. Seems like tomorrow/Saturday should def give us a better idea--based on some stores reports to call back then.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I am so looking forward to Sunday now! But the fact that ATT is not announcing the availability date in advance in not so good for the Pre/Pixi promotion.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    I am so looking forward to Sunday now! But the fact that ATT is not announcing the availability date in advance in not so good for the Pre/Pixi promotion.
    I agree...I just wish I'd hear it from the horses mouth so I can count on Sunday. This waiting is driving me batty....
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Well, I gave in and called two stores in Raleigh, NC.
    1) North Hills - unhelpful lady said expect next month
    2) Triangle Town Center - she asked aloud to someone in the background and after a few seconds, came back and said it's supposed to be this Sunday but they haven't gotten any phones yet.

YES! It looks like something is happening on May 2nd. But how are they going to launch if they haven't gotten any phones yet??
    That definitely seems to be par for the course. Majority of stores I have called have given that response. And I was really wondering about these other stores that people were reporting a Sunday drop day. That's why I've called those specific stores to see if it's a consistent story or not.

I'm still trying to error on the side of caution, because I don't want to be sorely disappointed this Sunday. Seems like tomorrow/Saturday should def give us a better idea--based on some stores reports to call back then.
    Ok...I can not keep torchering myself so this was the last of the phone calls I will do until Sunday.

"I have an upgrade available...do you all sell the New Palm Pre?"

Call1-Memphis: CSR-We should be getting them phone let me transfer you to sales.....Sales:We will be getting soon...next few weeks (very knowledgeable about the phone) and let me add your name to the list and i will call and email you.

Call2:N Mississippi: CSR-Yes we do....How much are they?...Let me check...comes back to phone...we have them but we dont have a price yet but we will be selling them this weekend...are you sure...yes ..saturday or sunday.

Call3:N Mississippi: CST-Pretty soon no date

Call4:Memphis: We will be selling soon but no date..from my understanding Palm has a law suit pending and ATT is waiting on the outcome

Call5:E Arkansas: Not at the moment

Call6:Memphis: None in stock...should be a week or two.

There you have it....more confustion for the Palm Pre Plus fanatics.
    Any chance that the few CSRs that are quoting a release this weekend could be getting their rumors from here?

The CSRs that are quoting "next month" could just be playing games. After all, this weekend will be "next month". But there seem to be too many people who are putting the release several weeks away.
    Knowledgeable and CSR are oxymoron.

At least it is Canada.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soloque View Post
    Ok...I can not keep torchering myself so this was the last of the phone calls I will do until Sunday.

"I have an upgrade available...do you all sell the New Palm Pre?"

Call1-Memphis: CSR-We should be getting them phone let me transfer you to sales.....Sales:We will be getting soon...next few weeks (very knowledgeable about the phone) and let me add your name to the list and i will call and email you.

Call2:N Mississippi: CSR-Yes we do....How much are they?...Let me check...comes back to phone...we have them but we dont have a price yet but we will be selling them this weekend...are you sure...yes ..saturday or sunday.

Call3:N Mississippi: CST-Pretty soon no date

Call4:Memphis: We will be selling soon but no date..from my understanding Palm has a law suit pending and ATT is waiting on the outcome

Call5:E Arkansas: Not at the moment

Call6:Memphis: None in stock...should be a week or two.

There you have it....more confustion for the Palm Pre Plus fanatics.

Interesting that the one store says they have them but don't have a price yet--sounds like the other store that fernandez21 I think it was reported had the phone but they couldn't sell it because they don't have pricing.

Definitely tons of confusion, with a little hope mixed it...
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    OK, so I called my local ATT store (again), talked to the manager (again), told him that the buzz was this Sunday. He sounded quite surprised, even admitting that he had to move about 20 boxes of new phones out of the way so he could take this call. Sadly, he said none of those 20 were Palm phones. He knows how excited I am for this phone, so he promised I would be the first one he called when he knows of something for sure.
    tim
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Well, I gave in and called two stores in Raleigh, NC.
    1) North Hills - unhelpful lady said expect next month
    2) Triangle Town Center - she asked aloud to someone in the background and after a few seconds, came back and said it's supposed to be this Sunday but they haven't gotten any phones yet.

YES! It looks like something is happening on May 2nd. But how are they going to launch if they haven't gotten any phones yet??

I called the 3rd corp store that is within the 5-mile radius from my place and was told that is has been pushed back to May 16th. So I asked what was the original date they were shooting for. He said it had originally be May 2nd, but now they are told it's now pushed back.

He did not hesitate, but answered my question quite straightforwardly. Call me an *****, but I somehow truly believe him. All the stores that said they don't have the device yet lends credence to the fact that it can't possible launch this weekend if they don't even have the phone yet. I think May 16 it is.
    I called the 3rd corp store that is within the 5-mile radius from my place and was told that is has been pushed back to May 16th.
    Hmmmm, maybe they'll be sporting WebOS 1.5 and Flash on 'em .....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    He did not hesitate, but answered my question quite straightforwardly. Call me an *****, but I somehow truly believe him. All the stores that said they don't have the device yet lends credence to the fact that it can't possible launch this weekend if they don't even have the phone yet. I think May 16 it is.[/QUOTE]

You are kidding right, It is so difficult to wait till Sunday and now 16th may
    Aaargh! I was soooo looking forward to Sunday. The push-backed date just *sounds* credible. Hopes dashed!
    I had just finished telling my wife that things were looking good for my birthday present this weekend.

But at least now I can go with the Free Shipping at Amazon for my Touchstone and spare battery.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Hmmmm, maybe they'll be sporting WebOS 1.5 and Flash on 'em .....
    I highly doubt so, but of course we can wish!

Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    He did not hesitate, but answered my question quite straightforwardly. Call me an *****, but I somehow truly believe him. All the stores that said they don't have the device yet lends credence to the fact that it can't possible launch this weekend if they don't even have the phone yet. I think May 16 it is.
    You are kidding right, It is so difficult to wait till Sunday and now 16th may
    [/QUOTE]

WOW!...this is crazy! Cingular/ATT has a large distribution center here in Memphis...makes me want to go postal on them.