Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    well, I was just checking out HP on phone scoop, they have released a total of 7 phones according to them, all GSM, 3 on at&t, 1 on t-mobile, 1 on cellular one. They all had at&t bands, meaning the 3g ones they had all had had 850/1900 3g radios and all 2g ones were quad band.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Any bets today's announcement took precedence over the AT&T Palm Pre/Pixi Plus release announcement and we'll be hearing a release date from Palm/AT&T tomorrow or Friday ......

Edit: Hmmm, Will they now be called the HP Pre/Pixi Plus .......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    May 18th!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordielordie View Post
    May 18th!
    You're kidding right? Aren't you the one with the friend who works for a company that does business with Palm?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Any bets today's announcement took precedence over the AT&T Palm Pre/Pixi plus release announcement and we'll be hearing a release date from Palm/AT&T tomorrow or Friday ......
    Today's announcement took precedence for Palm & HP, but ATT is in their own little world when it comes to the release date for the webOS devices.

At this point, I don't know if ATT will even tell us the release date. I bet they'll release the phones without telling us and then issue a press release. I still have this feeling that ATT is reluctantly adding new smartphones to their network. They know that they need to keep up with Sprint and mainly big V, but the slow tickle of Android devices and their coy nature in providing the release date for webOS devices says a lot. And then their proclamation today that "iPhone tethering has the potential to exponentially increase traffic, and we need to ensure that we're able to deliver excellent performance for the feature – over and above the increases in data traffic we're already seeing – before we will offer the feature" via Engadget. That is why I knew that we were not getting mobile hotspot for webOS when ATT made the second Palm announcement in March.
    Last edited by playboy; 04/28/2010 at 06:19 PM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Today's announcement took precedence for Palm & HP, but ATT is in their own little world when it comes to the release date for the webOS devices.

At this point, I don't know if ATT will even tell us the release date. I bet they'll release the phones without telling us and then issue a press release.
    That's be fine with me, as long as that press release came out on say Sunday May 2nd, or Monday May 3rd .....

lordielordie has managed to dash some of my hopes of that being the case ..... May 18th. Oh Nooooooooooooooo Mr Bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    That's be fine with me, as long as that press release came out on say Sunday May 2nd, or Monday May 3rd .....

lordielordie has managed to dash some of my hopes of that being the case ..... May 18th. Oh Nooooooooooooooo Mr Bill.
    I speculated earlier that if ATT stays true to form, the date would be two weeks after the press release. If things continue at this pace sometime between May 15 and May 18 would seem like more reasonable estimates.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Well people may end up feeling better buying a Palm now. HP is so big, they won't be going anywhere any time soon. The one thing that concerned me was no support or updates for your phone if Palm gets into deeper trouble. That's gone.
    I've been waiting for an AT&T Pre since the Pre was first announced. But all the bad business news about Palm had just about convinced me to give up and go Droid. The HP buyout makes me think Palm is now a safe buy so I can hold on for a bit longer. (Hopefully not much beyond May 2nd. )

Plus, my guess is that the AT&T execs will feel a lot better releasing a Palm device knowing that HP is behind it. Big corporations are conservative and they prefer to partner with other big corporations.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I sure hope it's not May 18th--that's too far away

Okay, another update...ended up calling 9 more AT&T stores--3 in Tampa, 3 in Sunnyvale area, and 3 in Memphis...below are the results:

Call #1 (Tampa, Fl) No official announcement, but don't think it will be this w/e. Check back next week.

Call #2 (Tampa, Fl) Haven't received any information, nothing in store. Check back.

Call #3 (Tampa, Fl) No official announcement, but have heard rumor next couple of weeks.

Call #4 (Memphis, TN) No phones in stock in store...I shared information about hearing that launch may happen this weekend...pregnant pause by rep and then these magical words "yes, launching this weekend"...I pressed her more and asked Saturday or Sunday? She responded "Sunday for sure".

Call #5 (Memphis, TN) No official information check back in a couple of weeks.

Call #6 (Memphis, TN) No specifics received, nothing in system, check back.

Call #7 (Mountain View, CA) No official information/no release dates, check back.

Call #8 (Santa Clara, CA) No specific details, check back.

Call #9 (San Jose, CA) No specific details, nothing in system. Usually are alerted to launch 1 week before launch.

So for the most part, same old information I've heard from most store reps, no specific information. However, there was that bombshell with the one Memphis store. I need to check with soloque who mentioned the other day that one of the Memphis stores indicated that they usually release on days like this Sunday. Hopefully soloque can verify which Memphis store it was?

I'm giddy with excitement, as that representative was a sure as anything with giving me that information. But I'm also realistic that maybe she mixed up some information, etc. because no other store has really given any firm/concrete information like this.

Let the fun continue
    ..or perhaps all AT&T employees (except the one in Memphis) stuck to the company line' by not 'letting the cat out of the bag'!! I hope for our sake, the Memphis rep is a 'protocol breaker')
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitetower View Post
    ..or perhaps all AT&T employees (except the one in Memphis) stuck to the company line' by not 'letting the cat out of the bag'!! I hope for our sake, the Memphis rep is a 'protocol breaker')
    Well that is definitely one way to look at it--and I hope it ends up being the right way

I just don't want to get too overly excited, only to be let down big time if it doesn't launch on Sunday...guess I'd rather be pleasantly surprised then utterly disappointed.

But if I'm being honest, I've been riding a high since talking with that Memphis rep..need to get my emotions back in check
    I wish I remembered which one gave me that info. I believe it was either Poplar, Union or Hackscross location.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Well the one that gave me that Sunday launch day was the Union location...Poplar & N. Missouri street locations were just the standard 'we don't have any details'.

If anyone else is interested in trying their luck with the Union location, their # is 901-725-0408..
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Ps thanks for getting back to me on that
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitetower View Post
    I called my local store today, the woman said she didn't know, then checked with her manager, when she came back she said she had no info but I might be able to find the info on AT&T's site. She went on to explain that they "are a CORPORATE STORE and they have to do what CORPORATE tells them too". She didn't say what that was that she was told to do, and I don't know if she was trying to give me a hint but it sure sounded like it.

I was thinking of holding off on getting the pre+ but with this HP announcement I will go for it. My first Palm, I'm looking forward to it.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    I called my local store today, the woman said she didn't know, then checked with her manager, when she came back she said she had no info but I might be able to find the info on AT&T's site. She went on to explain that they "are a CORPORATE STORE and they have to do what CORPORATE tells them too". She didn't say what that was that she was told to do, and I don't know if she was trying to give me a hint but it sure sounded like it.

I was thinking of holding off on getting the pre+ but with this HP announcement I will go for it. My first Palm, I'm looking forward to it.

Where's your local store located?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    If possible can you let us know which ATT store said they have it now?

I may visit that store and have a sigh of relief as I live near by
    Please let us know if you go to the store and get the same/similar information as fernandez21.
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Please let us know if you go to the store and get the same/similar information as fernandez21.
    Yep I did talk to rep in the store on phone, he said they will be on sale by Sunday. When asked about Price, he said to check on Friday eve
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Ok, so just had a chance to call a different AT&T store in Florida--5012 4TH ST N ST. PETERSBURG, FL 33703--and talked to a very helpful sales associate (David). He said that although they have not received 'official' word yet, they are hearing May 2nd as well.

They do not have phones in store yet--he said with a launch like this they wouldn't likely get the phones until Saturday afternoon sometime.

He's had a few weeks to play around on the 'training' model that each store gets and he's big on the Pre+. Like myself, he's currently rockin an iPhone 3g. He said he definitely prefers it to his iPhone. Said the one thing he'll have to get used to is having a physical keyboard, as compared to iPhone's virtual one.

He told me to call back either Friday or Saturday as he'd have a much better idea if Sunday is a go. So I'll definitely be calling him back.

Best associate I've talked to yet.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    Yep I did talk to rep in the store on phone, he said they will be on sale by Sunday. When asked about Price, he said to check on Friday eve
    Great thanks for the verification....god I hope all of this May 2nd information we've been getting actually holds true!!!!