Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 937
  1. #221  
    Is it sunday yet???????? AHHH
  2. npyle's Avatar
    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    Subsequent to my last post, I did not stop hitting F5. However, I did stop by my local (Mamaroneck, NY) authorized reseller. She said she hadn't heard anything but would call her ATT representative. She ended up calling two. The one she spoke with had no release date for her. (She had also told me that authorized resellers get their phones the same time as ATT stores.) Further, she said that the rep told her that she'd have to be trained on the phone before she could sell it, so the rep is going to bring her one. Another non-helpful/non-hopeful data point, but thought I'd put it out there. She suggested I check back with her this Friday. Apparently she'd had other queries as well, so maybe that bodes well for ATT WebOS sales.
    You and me both. I keep hitting refresh constantly...I'm addicted and have a problem--I know LOL That's interesting that she asked you to check back Friday.

    Of the 10 stores I checked with, 9 where AT&T stores and only 1 was authorized reseller. The authorized reseller was clueless and is the one who mentioned August.
  3. #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    You and me both. I keep hitting refresh constantly...I'm addicted and have a problem--I know LOL That's interesting that she asked you to check back Friday.

    Of the 10 stores I checked with, 9 where AT&T stores and only 1 was authorized reseller. The authorized reseller was clueless and is the one who mentioned August.
    I'm with you guys, first thing I did in the morning is checking this thread up.

    I did call yesterday 4 stores and one took my number to call me back as he hears anything on release and one told me that they are getting on Sunday and it will go on sale may be Monday.

    This wait time is killing me
  4. #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Yeah, but you're in metric up there. If you convert it, middle of May up there is this weekend here!
    ZING

    that was pretty good lol
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    ZING

    that was pretty good lol
    That was a good one
  6. sq322's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    That was a good one
    still rolling from it!
  7. #227  
    Because I was bored as heck at work, I called another store in New York.

    Guy said that he thought end of May, but hasn't heard anything.

    So I asked him if he was trained, he said yes. I asked him what he thought, he said it's a nice device, the multi-tasking is unreal and overall very very easy to use. Sounds pretty positive. I asked him how it compared to the iPhone he said well obviously there's more apps and if you're a heavy app user you're better off with that.

    But, of course, since I dislike the iPhone and love webOS, i made sure i countered that a little bit. So i let him know that a) well the iPhone has been out for 4 years so of course it's going to have more apps soon. He agreed and said it will just take a bit more time. b) I also said well it's hard when Apple locks developers in to develop only for the iPhone and he said yea that's true.

    Soooo i'll try calling a few more for the heck of it, and report back. If you AT&T people get it this weekend, i'll sure be jealous

    Darn Canada... it must be our metric system lol
  8. npyle's Avatar
    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Because I was bored as heck at work, I called another store in New York.

    Guy said that he thought end of May, but hasn't heard anything.

    So I asked him if he was trained, he said yes. I asked him what he thought, he said it's a nice device, the multi-tasking is unreal and overall very very easy to use. Sounds pretty positive. I asked him how it compared to the iPhone he said well obviously there's more apps and if you're a heavy app user you're better off with that.

    But, of course, since I dislike the iPhone and love webOS, i made sure i countered that a little bit. So i let him know that a) well the iPhone has been out for 4 years so of course it's going to have more apps soon. He agreed and said it will just take a bit more time. b) I also said well it's hard when Apple locks developers in to develop only for the iPhone and he said yea that's true.

    Soooo i'll try calling a few more for the heck of it, and report back. If you AT&T people get it this weekend, i'll sure be jealous

    Darn Canada... it must be our metric system lol

    Great continued efforts....I plan on calling a few more out-of-state stores on my way home from work today. Seems like California, Memphis, and Florida seem to be the hot beds for this weekend information.

    Maybe I'll have to take a flight to Florida this weekend if they get the Pre+ launched? LOL

    I'll report back my findings later on this evening.

    And yes, I'm being very inefficient at work, because I'm trying to finding something, anything about the release. So, if I get fired, I'm suing AT&T and Palm ;o) LOL
  9. #229  
    Ha, I just left an AT&T store and spoke with 4 reps at the same time (I was the only customer so they were trying to answer my questions at the same time) and all 4 had different responces they were debating with eachother.
    When asked if they had the pre got the following responces:
    rep 1: is it the pre we're getting?
    Rep 2: I think we're getting the pixi
    rep 3: no, it's the slider one, the pre
    rep 4: I thought we were getting both
    rep 2: yeah, that's right but one is coming out this week, the pixi.
    Rep 3: no it's the pre
    rep 4: no, they're both coming at the same time
    rep 1: well I know we have them, let me see on a release date.
    Rep 2: I know one is coming out this week.
    Rep 3: I thought they were both coming out at the same
    rep 1: well I don't see a date, but we do have them just waiting to release them.
    Me: oh, ok. Well if you have them could I buy one? (had to ask)
    rep 1: no, sorry we can't because we don't have any pricing in our system so we can't sell them. But they should be out soon.
    Me: thank you.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Ha, I just left an AT&T store and spoke with 4 reps at the same time (I was the only customer so they were trying to answer my questions at the same time) and all 4 had different responces they were debating with eachother.
    When asked if they had the pre got the following responces:
    rep 1: is it the pre we're getting?
    Rep 2: I think we're getting the pixi
    rep 3: no, it's the slider one, the pre
    rep 4: I thought we were getting both
    rep 2: yeah, that's right but one is coming out this week, the pixi.
    Rep 3: no it's the pre
    rep 4: no, they're both coming at the same time
    rep 1: well I know we have them, let me see on a release date.
    Rep 2: I know one is coming out this week.
    Rep 3: I thought they were both coming out at the same
    rep 1: well I don't see a date, but we do have them just waiting to release them.
    Me: oh, ok. Well if you have them could I buy one? (had to ask)
    rep 1: no, sorry we can't because we don't have any pricing in our system so we can't sell them. But they should be out soon.
    Me: thank you.
    If possible can you let us know which ATT store said they have it now?

    I may visit that store and have a sigh of relief as I live near by
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    rep 1: is it the pre we're getting?
    Rep 2: I think we're getting the pixi
    rep 3: no, it's the slider one, the pre
    rep 4: I thought we were getting both
    rep 2: yeah, that's right but one is coming out this week, the pixi.
    Rep 3: no it's the pre
    rep 4: no, they're both coming at the same time
    rep 1: well I know we have them, let me see on a release date.
    Rep 2: I know one is coming out this week.
    Rep 3: I thought they were both coming out at the same
    rep 1: well I don't see a date, but we do have them just waiting to release them.
    Ha. It's like an Abbott and Costello routine.

    Thanks. I hope they were right about actually having them to release rather than just the training model.
  12. #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    If possible can you let us know which ATT store said they have it now?

    I may visit that store and have a sigh of relief as I live near by
    Lol, if you wanna try it's the AT&T store at largo mall in Pinellas, off of ulmerton and Seminole. Good luck.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  13. #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Lol, if you wanna try it's the AT&T store at largo mall in Pinellas, off of ulmerton and Seminole. Good luck.
    Well I moved on to Tampa since apparently Florida is the spot where people are getting answers.

    Out of 2 calls, both don't know. One did say that they have demos available, but no stock on them yet. But he said 'very soon' - whatever that means.

    Imagine, if, we in Canada, got it first ha ha ha.. i dream.. once can only dream right? lol
  14. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #234  
    I just walked in the door from work, and I'm assuming everyone saw the news.(?) HP just bought Palm. Hope that doesn't muck things up with regard to ATT launch!
    tim
  15. #235  
    I'm guessing with the HP announcement we probably won't be hearing anything about an AT&T release soon. Palm seems to be a little busy.
  16. #236  
    Release of the Pre is already so far down the road with inventory on the way that I can't imagine HP purchase has any effect on this model. Updates yes, but likely not this one.
  17. #237  
    True, whatever the release date is has probably already been determined, but they're apparently in no hurry to let us know what it is unfortunately.
  18. #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Release of the Pre is already so far down the road with inventory on the way that I can't imagine HP purchase has any effect on this model. Updates yes, but likely not this one.
    Well people may end up feeling better buying a Palm now. HP is so big, they won't be going anywhere any time soon. The one thing that concerned me was no support or updates for your phone if Palm gets into deeper trouble. That's gone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. TimmyB's Avatar
    Posts
    422 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    #239  
    I understand the part about any FUTURE models being WAY down the road. My fear is, I don't have a clue what ATT's relationship with HP is. Is it a good one, or are they adversarial? And, if so, will ATT say "Let's slow down and rethink this." Hopefully, they are very compatible.


    Also, as phoneDiva said, this removes a ton of insecurity for both consumers and developers. I truly believe this is a HUGE win for Palm and it's community of users.
    tim
  20. #240  
    HP has released phones on AT&T with no problem, but they've been a bit lackluster. The current one is the Glisten, they also had that old iPaq 500(or something like that).
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions