Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Does anyone else got any kinda information other than Tampa, FL?
    just to confirm, its good news for me as I live in near by only
    Maybe it's going to get announced on May 2nd and released a little while after? Usually if Engadget gets a US phone unboxing, it's usually coming within about a month's time.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Stoked!
    Called 3 local (SW Florida) ATT stores. Two of these had nothing to share better than "in the next couple of weeks". But the last one hesitatingly revealed that they'd most likely be available on Sunday - possibly even Saturday. She said to check back after 3PM on Friday for pricing info since that's usually when they get their internal announcements to prepare the store for a weekend release.
    It's gonna be a good weekend!
    Last edited by cowpen; 04/27/2010 at 06:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpen View Post
    Stoked!
    Called 3 local ATT stores. Two of these had nothing to share better than "in the next couple of weeks". But the last one hesitatingly revealed that they'd most likely be available on Sunday - possibly even Saturday. She said to check back after 3PM on Friday for pricing info since that's usually when they get their internal announcements to prepare the store for a weekend release.
    It's gonna be a good weekend!
    Re: Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus on AT&T officially. - Wireless Forums from AT&T

Links to this:
    Palm Pre Plus To Land On AT&T May 2nd (Photos) | Nerd News : Your community for all things nerdy!

I'll edit this post to add more links as I find them. May 2nd is starting to pop up all over the web in addition to here on PreCentral!

"For those interested, the phone will be on sale Saturday, May 1st in California" Per this article
    http://www.new-cell-phones.org/att-p...ll-phones.html
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 04/27/2010 at 03:45 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Ok for what it is worth this is Memphis,TN checking in on the question "Do you all carry the Palm Pre?"

Visit on saturday: went to store and they said they have not been trained on the phone so thought it would be a while.

Call 1 today: We do not have a release date but I would check back at the first of next month.

Call 2 Memphis: We dont have a release date but we usually release on days like this Sunday.

Call 3 Memphis:Let me check the system...i see a announcement on 3/22 but no release date...should be anytime now...let me take your info and I will call when they get in the stores..

Call 4 to Northern Mississippi: No release date...please keep checking with us

Call 5 to Memphis:We have no release date...
    Me: Have a upgrade to use and debating on which phone to get...
    Sales:if the other phone is a Iphone...pick Iphone....so much easier to use....
    To many reps with different stories. I didn't want to muddy the water with my story but I guess that I can. When I called stores on 4-24 some reps didn't know and one told me 5-2. When I called stores in Chandler, AZ, Orlando, FL and Jacksonville, FL on 4-26 some reps didn't know and a few reps said we're selling them on Sunday and that they played with the devices.

Again, I doubt this weekend will be the weekend. If they're selling them on Sunday they getting the phones on Friday or Saturday.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Well there definately seems to be something going in the weekend, wheter it's the release or end of training or something because other than this weekend every other rep says they don't know or soon, no other date is being given by these reps.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Really good point fernandez21!
    Personally the one that sticks out to me is this one:

"Call 2 Memphis: We dont have a release date but we usually release on days like this Sunday."

Is there a better way to give information like this away without really giving it away?

Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Well there definately seems to be something going in the weekend, wheter it's the release or end of training or something because other than this weekend every other rep says they don't know or soon, no other date is being given by these reps.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I even talked to an ATT guy today, who said they were having virtual training for the employees this week. Talked to a guy last week who said they had a sku number and looked like they might even have inventory in their warehouse. I think they will release the first part of May..blow that June $#^%&%$^...
    Sue
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Okay to add fuel to the fire: So I placed 10 calls so far today to various AT&T stores around me to check on Pre+ availability....

Call 1 (Cleveland area): Put me on hold to check. No information in system and don't know for sure, but usually phones like that are released in June.

Call 2 (Cleveland area - authorized dealer): Haven't heard anything, but I'm guessing not until August...check back with me in July.

Call 3 (Cleveland area): Put me on hold. We don't have any information on release date nor pricing. But I keep hearing 'soon'.

Call 4 (Cleveland area): No information check back in a couple of weeks.

Call 5 (Cleveland area): No information, recommend checking back in a few weeks. Took my name/cell to provide update if she hears anything. She did mention that with phones like these, they will not receive specific launch information until day before they launch.

Call 6 (Akron area): No information. Have had training unit for 2 weeks now--rep really liked the phone. Recommended to check back mid-May.

Call 7 (Akron area): No information (not helpful at all)

Call 8 (Akron area): No information..took my number to call me with any updates.

Call 9 (Akron area): No information, check back at end of May.

Call 10 (Akron area): No specific information, but from what he's heard May 1st or May 2nd.

So out of 10 calls, 1 representative mentioned specific May 1st/2nd date, but all said no specific launch/price information and to check back.

Just thought I'd sharing my findings. Seems like Cleveland/Akron Ohio area is not as hopeful as Florida, Memphis, or California for this weekend
    Hope it in by July. The sooner the better!
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I'm not the one you were addressing, but I'm in the same boat as him. It's not so much I want to get rid o my iPhone (plan on using it as an iPod/emergency phone) it's just I want something new, different than the iPhone that will still do most of what the phone does (namely web browsing/email/games), I also miss having a real keyboard and a "true" smartphone. The pre plus is really the only thing out there that fits the bill for me other than the new iPhone (not a huge android fan, don't like the new direction of winmo, blackberry has no web browser, and symbian was ok but it's extemely dated).

Forgot to mention, there is also no chance what so ever that flash will come to iPhone and I'm also getting tired of that crap apple keeps trying to pull (removing apps for bs reasons, censoring, locking devs into iPhone only apps, keep breaking jailbreaks, adobe fued, ect)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLights View Post
    Basically same as above.

-Ok so the App catalog on the iPhone is huge. I don't use that many apps and the ones I do are on the Pre Plus. Also I've read that WebOs is easy to develop for so...if this OS can gain users then I think the apps will follow.
    -Flash support
    -I miss a physical keyboard
    -The OS is the best on the market in my opinion. It's so intuitive and the multi tasking is easily the best. The iPhone 4 still wont be better imo - I have the iphone 3g anyway so the new "multi tasking" feature wouldn't even apply to me
    -I mostly e-mail, text, and web browse - 3 things the Pre does very well
    -I don't like android, don't want to wait for WinMo 7, don't like blackberries
    -Also as mentioned above , Apple can be pretty ruthless with their app store.
    Thanks to the both of you for posting the answers.

I've never owned an Apple device, nor will I in my entire life.

Do the devices work fine? Yeah they do. Is there anything special about them that makes me want to get down on my knees for it? Heck no.

It'll be interesting to see how many other iPhone users will switch that aren't on here. Palm should just explode every store with display advertising when the new iPhone comes out lol
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Any one else happen to make phones calls or inquiries to AT&T stores around them? If so, care to share the results. Trying to determine if this w/e has any chance of truly happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Any one else happen to make phones calls or inquiries to AT&T stores around them? If so, care to share the results. Trying to determine if this w/e has any chance of truly happening.
    As a Canadian, I just took one for the team and called a store in NY.

She said either middle of May or the beginning of June.
    I asked her about this Sunday, she said she had no idea about that. But there's been no information on any of it as of yet.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post

I asked her about this Sunday, she said she had no idea about that. But there's been no information on any of it as of yet.
    Yeah, but you're in metric up there. If you convert it, middle of May up there is this weekend here!
    tim
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post

Appreciate you taking one for the team...I owe you one!!!!

Why won't AT&T just go ahead and announce details already? They're killing me with this....
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Yeah, but you're in metric up there. If you convert it, middle of May up there is this weekend here!
    Bwahahahahaha
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Bwahahahahaha
    Everybody's been SO stressed these past few days-- I thought some bad humor would lighten things up!!!
    tim
    I caught myself humming Tom Petty a little while ago:

The waaaaiting is the hardest part.
    Subsequent to my last post, I did not stop hitting F5. However, I did stop by my local (Mamaroneck, NY) authorized reseller. She said she hadn't heard anything but would call her ATT representative. She ended up calling two. The one she spoke with had no release date for her. (She had also told me that authorized resellers get their phones the same time as ATT stores.) Further, she said that the rep told her that she'd have to be trained on the phone before she could sell it, so the rep is going to bring her one. Another non-helpful/non-hopeful data point, but thought I'd put it out there. She suggested I check back with her this Friday. Apparently she'd had other queries as well, so maybe that bodes well for ATT WebOS sales.