Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtopper View Post
    Somewhere out there the 'release' troll is laughing his head off at all of us!!
    I just want my pre+
    +1
    I hear you on that!!!
    Each day now I wake up thinking "today might be the day". But then nothing.

I really need to stop torturing myself.
    Ok well I just spoke with a manager at my AT&T store and he told me this sunday! He even looked over a sheet of paper and said "yup, we're getting our shipment Sunday, our display won't be up until Monday, but you'll be able to purchase it Sunday". I'm excited, but he wasn't able to get me any pricing info.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Ok well I just spoke with a manager at my AT&T store and he told me this sunday! He even looked over a sheet of paper and said "yup, we're getting our shipment Sunday, our display won't be up until Monday, but you'll be able to purchase it Sunday". I'm excited, but he wasn't able to get me any pricing info.
    Hope you are right!
    Hope that applies countrywide too. not just Fl
    Last edited by mtopper; 04/27/2010 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Addition
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Wow, if this Sunday (5/2) is for real, I can't believe that AT&T hasn't officially announced it yet.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but afraid I'm going to be sorely disappointed....
    Thanks for the info fernandez!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    After hearing 5/2, I called my local ATT store. The guy I've been dealing with was off today, but the one who answered the phone said they hadn't heard this rumor, but also haven't heard ANY date yet. As I was getting ready to hang up, he said that they NEVER intro a new phone on Sunday, so it was likely to be not true. I haven't paid any attention to release dates of other phones, because I simply couldn't care less about them, so I don't know if he was correct or not in this statement. Just passing it along.
    tim
    This just made my day (I'm choosing to be optimistic)! My only question is if they'll release the Pixi along side the Pre. The Pre is awesome, but I like the Pixi's style so I want to go with that as my webOS phone. Anyone got any info on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    After hearing 5/2, I called my local ATT store. The guy I've been dealing with was off today, but the one who answered the phone said they hadn't heard this rumor, but also haven't heard ANY date yet. As I was getting ready to hang up, he said that they NEVER intro a new phone on Sunday, so it was likely to be not true. I haven't paid any attention to release dates of other phones, because I simply couldn't care less about them, so I don't know if he was correct or not in this statement. Just passing it along.
    As others have said the backflip was released on a sunday (March 7)

Just called my local store, they said that they haven't been given a specific date but she did mention that they said at the end of this month. So we'll see I guess.
    Does AT&T release phones the same day with Best Buy? Amazon?
    Just called a local (Westchester County, NY) store. The guy who answered had no idea about a date for the Palm Pre. But he did say that they do release phones on Sundays. Just another conflicting data point for us all. Grrr.

I think I need to stop hitting F5 on this forum. This uncertainty is driving me crazy. As someone else said, like we ATT folks haven't waited long enough already and now we can't handle a couple more weeks or even a few more days. Sheesh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeno View Post
    This just made my day (I'm choosing to be optimistic)! My only question is if they'll release the Pixi along side the Pre. The Pre is awesome, but I like the Pixi's style so I want to go with that as my webOS phone. Anyone got any info on that?
    yeah, I'm choosing to be cautiously optimistic as well, but he seemed legit. Basically here is the conversation:

Me: Hi, I was wondering if I could get some information about the Pre?
    Him: Well, its coming out next week, what kind of information are you looking for?
    Me: Mainly availability and price.
    Him: Well we're selling them next week, I belive we get them this Sunday. Hold on a sec.
    *he then pulls out what looks like an inventory sheet from behind the desk, next to the computer, flips to the second page and looks through it*
    Him: Yup, we're getting our shipment Sunday, our display won't be up until Monday, but you'll be able to purchase it Sunday.
    Me: Ok, great! Can you tell me what the price will be?
    Him: No, I don't see anything on here about price, but they usually wait to the last minute on that.
    (then I asked him about price matching verizon and he gave be a bs reason why they can't, won't write that here)

So I'm crossing my fingers. Whether maybe he misread the sheet or was confused on something I don't know, but it seemed at the very least that this manager belives it will be Sunday and had some documentation stating it so.

Sorry, I didn't ask about the pixi.
    I wonder what kind of displays ATT will setup b/c it'll play a roll in visibility. Verizon stores have the Pres and Pixis displayed nicely. ATT doesn't do a good job at this. If you walk into an ATT store, the iPhone is the only phone that is displayed away from the confusing mess of phones that ATT has.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, I called 4 AT&T stores around me (Cleveland, OH area) and not one of them had any clue/information on an upcoming launch (in the next week or two)...I received dates of anywhere from June to August.
    yeah, I'm choosing to be cautiously optimistic as well, but he seemed legit. Basically here is the conversation:

Him: Yup, we're getting our shipment Sunday, our display won't be up until Monday, but you'll be able to purchase it Sunday.
    Stores get their phone shipments via UPS or Fedex. Neither delivers on Sundays. I'm just saying.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Stores get their phone shipments via UPS or Fedex. Neither delivers on Sundays. I'm just saying.
    They COULD deliver them before Sunday and hang on to em.....could be that einstein at that store doesnt have a clue
    Last edited by mtopper; 04/27/2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: correction
    Ok, well I went ahead and called 4 other store to see what they woul say and this is the tally:
    2 said they didn't know and that they haven't gotten any official word yet
    1 said they haven't gotten an official announcement, but that they were hopefull for the end of the week.
    1 said that they'll be availble this Sunday (not the same store I was at earlier)
    none gave me any pricing info.
    Here's hoping!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtopper View Post
    They COULD deliver them before Sunday and hang on to em.....could be that einstein at that store doesnt have a clue
    Could be. But then that would mean the stores could sell the webOS phones on Saturday, which is also a possibility. But I doubt it b/c of the lack of knowledge from most store reps. If ATT knew the actual date, there would be a press release already and store reps wouldn't be guessing everytime they're asked about the release b/c they've would have been told by their managers. I'm just skeptical about webOS phones being released this week on ATT.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Ok, well I went ahead and called 4 other store to see what they woul say and this is the tally:
    2 said they didn't know and that they haven't gotten any official word yet
    1 said they haven't gotten an official announcement, but that they were hopefull for the end of the week.
    1 said that they'll be availble this Sunday (not the same store I was at earlier)
    none gave me any pricing info.
    Here's hoping!

I hope your sources are right and I'm wrong, I really do--in this case, I'd absolutely love to be wrong.

However, if it is launching this weekend and various stores have no knowledge of it, that doesn't give me a good first impression with the success of the launch--kind of reminds me of the problems Verizon had.

I plan on calling a few more stores on my way home from work to see if I get any feedback other than June - August timeframe. I'll update with what I find out later this evening.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    ...But then that would mean the stores could sell the webOS phones on Saturday, which is also a possibility.
    Not if ATT doesn't put it into their system as a phone available for sale until Sunday. It could be Sunday, but who knows?
    tim