Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone!

I just picked up my first Palm ever, a Pre, now that Bell dropped the price without contract. I have been a Blackberry user until now, a Pearl, then Curve, then Storm. I got tired of waiting for RIM to shape up. So far I am impressed with webOS.

May I ask if there is any sort of guide for me to go through on this site to acclimate me to the new phone? Also, any suggestions? I am pretty tech savvy (I have done repair and hybrid OS work on my berries...), anything I can do to maximize the phone?

Thanks all, and I look forward to hanging out here!
    Here is a guide that one of our members put together:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2153039

And here is a guide to PreCentral:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1828424

Welcome.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    One word: Preware.

If you are tech savvy and are looking to optimize the experience you will get with the pre, I highly reccomend you look into preware found here: Preware
    plus there are short clips on your Pre in the Help app...have fun, awesome phone!
  6. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Welcome! You have just bought a great phone. This site, along with Preware and homebrew apps & patches, will make you love it twice as much.
    welcome to the family!
    Welcome fellow Bell Pre owner. One hint that I didn't know about, you can set up the voicemail button to automatically go right to voicemail without inputting your password. It took months for me to figure that one out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Welcome fellow Bell Pre owner. One hint that I didn't know about, you can set up the voicemail button to automatically go right to voicemail without inputting your password. It took months for me to figure that one out.
    wait... what? what the heck. when and how? lol
  10.    #11  
    Yay - thanks guys! I felt guilty while I bricked my Storm for sale...but now I'm over it lol...
    Hi I am also new to the palm had it for a week now and have installed preware , not being too tech savvy it was a wee bit difficult but worth it in the end looking forwards to using it to open lots of goodies but am finding it difficult to download apps where you have to set up an account keeps rejecting my account details for some reason if it had paypal i,m sure there would be no trouble anyone got any suggestions about accounts is it my location (uk)? seen a few apps am willing to pay for but cant help please
    Welcome aboard.

ET
    Welcome to the forums... and to Palm!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    @matt63, I think it has to be a visa debit or mastercard. If your having trouble contact palm support on their website, palm.com
    I'm a newbie too and was wondering if the Pre has a virtual keyboard. I've seen it mentioned somewhere but don't see one on my device. Is it a download?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j59337 View Post
    I'm a newbie too and was wondering if the Pre has a virtual keyboard. I've seen it mentioned somewhere but don't see one on my device. Is it a download?
    It's a homebrew patch called 'Virtual Keyboard'. You can install it via Preware or WOSQI.
    Welcome,the more the merrier,+1 on preware it's a must have and so is a touchstone.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    thanks for that pip,have checked the visa option still no luck will try palm support
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    wait... what? what the heck. when and how? lol
    You have to go into your security settings and set the phone to go straight to the answering machine if your dialing from your own number. I took my phone into a Bell shop and he did it for me, but he said you can do it yourself if you want. Just follow the prompts.

I'm so glad. Dialing my password everytime was driving me crazy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast