Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I recommend youmail.com

personalized greatings. Palm app and wesite for 'visual voicemail' and it's free...
    Great to see a stronger uptake of Canadian users.

Think we should all have a Pre meet some time.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Great to see a stronger uptake of Canadian users.

Think we should all have a Pre meet some time.
    I'm in. You name the time and place. Actually it has to be Toronto. Oh, and I've got kids so Sunday night is best. Oh and...
    sweet more Canadian users! welcome
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Go canucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I recommend youmail.com

personalized greatings. Palm app and wesite for 'visual voicemail' and it's free...
    Youmail is only offered in America. Bell Canada offers Voicemail to text for the Pre, but... it's $5 a month. I just can't make that leap. I might in the future, but right now, a free option would be great.

Trust me. Palm would support a free option if one was available to Canadian customers. But IT'S NOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by j59337 View Post
    I'm a newbie too and was wondering if the Pre has a virtual keyboard. I've seen it mentioned somewhere but don't see one on my device. Is it a download?
    There is also an app called My Home Keyboard and it ROCKS!!!!!!!!

I have it on my launch wave. It's solid and it just works. Link below.

My Home Keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by j59337 View Post
    I'm a newbie too and was wondering if the Pre has a virtual keyboard. I've seen it mentioned somewhere but don't see one on my device. Is it a download?
    the virtual keyboard applications on the App Catalog aren't exactly what you might expect. Palm sandboxes applications, so devs can't make applications that directly manipulate other applications.

However patchers at WebOS-Internals have released a system patch that adds a true virtual keyboard. See On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    the virtual keyboard applications on the App Catalog aren't exactly what you might expect. Palm sandboxes applications, so devs can't make applications that directly manipulate other applications.

However patchers at WebOS-Internals have released a system patch that adds a true virtual keyboard. See On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    I actually use both. Depending on the situation. I just find the Virtual Keyboard laggy. The My Home Keyboard is super responsive, but it's an app. You have to paste text into another app. It's super easy and intuitive, but it would be great if the My Home Keyboard was universal like the Virtual Keyboard.

Jason, do you think the Virtual Keyboard will become faster and more responsive, or is this all we can expect? I like it a a lot, but...
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Pre!!!! Others have already made the suggestions I would have made, so I can only add that they gave great advice. Have fun, don't be afraid to ask questions, and watch out: Pre and Pre|Central are both terribly addicting.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12