1.    #1  
    Does anyone have a solution for a search of all fields of the Pre's Contact database? It appears that all that is available is a search by name.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I don't have a solution, but that is something I REALLY miss from PalmOS.
    When I get a strange call on my work phone, or my wife gets a call from a stranger, I still reach for my palm and instinctively start typing numbers.. with the vain hope it'll find the phone number. Then I remember it only searches the first and last name. How limiting! A universal search for contacts would be awesome. I used to search for items in contact notes.. not anymore. I used to search for email addresses, phone number fragments, all sorts of stuff.. wish I still could.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoolfolk View Post
    Does anyone have a solution for a search of all fields of the Pre's Contact database? It appears that all that is available is a search by name.
    It also searches by the Company field, and the Nickname field. There is also a "workaround" that basically gives you multiple Company fields (or any other field, for that matter).

Let's say you have Jane Doe in your Pre, and she works at Acme, so you have that in the Company field. Typing Jane, Doe, Acme, or even JDoe will call up her name. If you also wanto to have a search find "widgets" (because Acme makes widgets) you can have that searchable as well.

Create a new entry in the Palm Profile for Jane Doe with Widgets as the Company. Enter only that information. Then link that to the original entry. Now, all of the above searches will work, and so will Widgets
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. My point exactly. It is surprising to me that no one has developed a search that will search any field in the contact database. I often am looking for an entry that I KNOW is in the database but I can't remember the person or company's name but I can information such as the type of business but have no way to search on that except when I search my Outlook database on the desktop.