1.    #1  
    I'm in rural PA visiting my parents. My sister and her husband are on I-81 driving up through VA, WV and MD. She needed to know if they were close to a Chicfila, so she called me, but I was out to lunch with my dad. No problem. I hung up, pulled up Google maps, searched Chicfilas near their location on the interstate, found the closest one just off 81, opened up text messaging and sent her the details. I save the day!

A while later she called: huge traffic jam! Again, I pull up Google maps, pull up their route, show the traffic, and text her to say about how much farther they'd have in the bad traffic. Yup. My Pre Plus and I do it again. And I did this all while I was eating the best doggone grinder in the world at Mama's Pizza in Duncannon, PA.
    Haha...just think: You could have saved the day without hanging up if you had an AT&T Pre.
  3.    #3  
    True, I did think of that. But then I'd be on AT&T and there isn't 3G coverage where my parents are
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderfry View Post
    Haha...just think: You could have saved the day without hanging up if you had an AT&T Pre.
    Ha. I was going to say that with the ATT Pre+ he could texted her the info while talking with her on his bluetooth headset. Luke Wilson would have been so proud.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    True, I did think of that. But then I'd be on AT&T and there isn't 3G coverage where my parents are
    Well that sucks. That's ATT for ya.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    it's a hero! Not a grinder not a sub not a hoagie, hero!

I'm from long island and whenever I drive out of state, the first time I saw a sign for "grinders" I was like hmm what the hell is a grinder? I'd like to try one haha
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Well that sucks. That's ATT for ya.
    Yup. That's one thing I'll have on my iPhone toting brother when he shows up.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbohsp View Post
    it's a hero! Not a grinder not a sub not a hoagie, hero!

I'm from long island and whenever I drive out of state, the first time I saw a sign for "grinders" I was like hmm what the hell is a grinder? I'd like to try one haha
    Well, I think this is a discussion for a whole different forum, haha. In any event, I'm from SC and the closest thing we get to hoagies/grinders/heros is Subway or Jersey Mikes, not quite the real deal. It's unfortunate that I have to drive 700 mi north for real pizza and hoagies/grinders/heros.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Love hearing happy stories!!
    If your sandwich shop had wifi, you could have done all that while she was on the phone with you...

Also, you can text while on the phone. txt messages use a segment of the voice channel. Email and web traffic uses the data channel that prevents the phone from being used.

Does Mamma's Pizza have wifi?

...and Jersey Mike's is excellent!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    If your sandwich shop had wifi, you could have done all that while she was on the phone with you...

Also, you can text while on the phone. txt messages use a segment of the voice channel. Email and web traffic uses the data channel that prevents the phone from being used.

Does Mamma's Pizza have wifi?

...and Jersey Mike's is excellent!
    Nope...no WiFi there. They are old school, haha.
    get your wife a Pre that you can tether to... so you can talk and serve at the same time...
    The call would have dropped on ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderfry View Post