1.    #1  
    My Palm Pre,. I work extremely slow,
    he transferred the information from a Palm Centro (4200 contacts and 600 calendar appointments, many are repeated every day, week, etc) using the:
    USB sync with Palm Pre. Sync Palm Pre with Palm Desktop, Outlook, Lotus Notes, ACT!, and other PC software

We pass all data in contacts I have few problems.
    But calendar.... it's worse. As there are many things going slow.

To fix this visualiacion of appointments it is impossible to select with your finger, I put this application.
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/agenda
    That also goes slow

Examples.
    When you open the calendar, it takes about 2 min and showing appointments.
    When you delete an appointment, it takes 2 min from view, sometimes get stuck when I give the delete button.
    To move between the views of the calendar ... adding appointments ...

Use Uberkernel that would 800mhz cpu, and have not seen improvements.

How could this happen?

In the Palm Centro, it handles all this information, fast

Sorry if i make mistakes, im spanish.
    Where do you get your calendar from. If it is set up thru an exchange server you should be able to delete whatever data was transferred, and sync it with the exchange server.

My guess is that whatever the sprint/verizon rep did to transfer your info is making it slow. Especially if you have the UK installed
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    Where do you get your calendar from. If it is set up thru an exchange server you should be able to delete whatever data was transferred, and sync it with the exchange server.

My guess is that whatever the sprint/verizon rep did to transfer your info is making it slow. Especially if you have the UK installed
    As you can read in their post, they took it from a Centro to their Pre through the software Palm released.

And if you look at their image, you will see it is in (I believe) Spanish, and as such, it is not from Sprint OR Verizon, but rather from another carrier.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    As you can read in their post, they took it from a Centro to their Pre through the software Palm released.

And if you look at their image, you will see it is in (I believe) Spanish, and as such, it is not from Sprint OR Verizon, but rather from another carrier.
    I know that he got his calendar from his centro... and yes i can read.

I have my calendar sync'd with my exchange server. other people just use the calendar app on their phone. Big difference.

And look at what image? the user has no location info by his name, so for all we know he could just speak spanish and be living in the US
    there are utilities that let you sync with Outlook and Palm Desktop 6. I use Pocket Mirror.

If you still have all that info on your Centro, you might want to sync it to outlook, then wipe your phone and sync it with outlook. That's what I did when I went from centro to Pre.

All of those utilities offer a free trial period so you can try all of this without having to buy the apps first. Then you can buy just what you need to provide sync over time. If you put 4200 contacts into your Palm profile (which is what I think the Palm one-time migration tool does) I can imagine it could be slow because changes have to be synced to the Palm profile.

Yet another reason why I decided to continue with the desktop sync paradigm that Palm perfected over the last 15 years... Thanks goodness the PalmOS vendors like Chapura ported their older apps to WebOS so I could do that. I would go back to my Centro before I would sync my contacts and calendar with any of the cloud options (google is the worst).

My 2 cents