1.    #1  
    Hey all, I was wondering why I can't get my GPS location if I'm connected to a wireless network?
    so you are saying that it works if you aren't connected to a wireless network?
    I noticed before I followed the GPS tweaks outlined in the forum that when I was connected to our work Wi-Fi it would put my location roughly at the ISP's address in the neighboring city. Now, it picks me up right where I am even if I'm on the Wi-Fi at work.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    so you are saying that it works if you aren't connected to a wireless network?
    Yes, if I turn of Wi-Fi it works, but as long as I'm connected to a Wi-Fi (in general, my home one) it can't find my location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Yes, if I turn of Wi-Fi it works, but as long as I'm connected to a Wi-Fi (in general, my home one) it can't find my location.
    even if you go outside? i have to ask
  6.    #6  
    Even then.
    I have the same problem, the GPS puts me about 20 miles to the southwest every single time. Just something I've dealt with but wonder if there is a fix.
    how would the GPS find you over wifi? It has no way to know where your router is....