1.    #1  
    I am new to the pre so excuse my ignorance.

I am unable to get into developer mode on my pre by either webos20090606 or the konami code.

Is it no longer possible in the current firmware? or is it maybe a limitation of my UK version?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Hi,

this isn't much help I realise but the konami code worked for me on 1.4.1 O2 UK.

Typed out upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart and the option appeared.

HTH

Nick
  3.    #3  
    I dunno what the problem could be then.

Surely someone here has encountered the same issue, it cant just be me.

Please somebody make it happen.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    you are likely not typing it right. i thought this was happening once but i for some reason typed it wrong like 3 times in a row. be reeeaal careful and you'll get it. i was typing

updownupdownleftrightleftrightbastart instead of upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  5.    #5  
    I'm definitely not typing it wrong. I've tried literally hundreds of times now. I don't get it
    The phone is not plugged into the pc when your typing the code ye?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidd3nFury View Post
    I am new to the pre so excuse my ignorance.

I am unable to get into developer mode on my pre by either webos20090606 or the konami code.

Is it no longer possible in the current firmware? or is it maybe a limitation of my UK version?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Where are you typing it?

Have you used the universal search for anything? Does it work at all?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    The phone is not plugged into the pc when your typing the code ye?
    Nope the phone isn't plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Where are you typing it?

Have you used the universal search for anything? Does it work at all?
    I hadn't thought to try this. It isn't working for any apps but it will let me search google etc.

Why would this be?
    Your universal search is broke. Give me a min and I will find out what to do to sort this out.
    Since you have an unpatched pre and universal search is not working you will have to contact palm tech support.
    They will want you to send log files from your phone so they can figure out the problem. You will have to contact the forum member HardBeatZ, his profile is http://forums.precentral.net/members/hardbeatz.html if you PM him he will get back to you, tell him that you have unpatched pre and your universal search is broke. You could also try getting support off palm.com, to see if you can talk to somebody on there.

What they will probably have you do in the end is run the doctor on your phone. But it would not be a good idea to do that untill palm's servers are back up.

Hope this helps.
  11.    #11  
    Since you have an unpatched pre and universal search is not working you will have to contact palm tech support.
    They will want you to send log files from your phone so they can figure out the problem. You will have to contact the forum member HardBeatZ, his profile is (removed url) if you PM him he will get back to you, tell him that you have unpatched pre and your universal search is broke. You could also try getting support off palm.com, to see if you can talk to somebody on there.

What they will probably have you do in the end is run the doctor on your phone. But it would not be a good idea to do that untill palm's servers are back up.

Hope this helps.
    So I ran webosdoctor and universal search now works and I can get dev mode so thanks for that

But now apps wont install which is a bit of a bummer. I found a thread suggesting a full erase which didnt work so now I'm stuck again. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help so far guys.

EDIT: Okay my bad, just spotted the huge thread about everyone having the same problem. Thanks for all your help. This is possibly the friendliest forum I have used.
    Last edited by Hidd3nFury; 05/15/2010 at 03:02 PM.
    Yes, to get your apps back -
    go to date and time app. turn off network time. set the month back to april. now you can download all your apps. let us know if it works.
    Glad the doctor worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidd3nFury View Post
    So I ran webosdoctor and universal search now works and I can get dev mode so thanks for that

But now apps wont install which is a bit of a bummer. I found a thread suggesting a full erase which didnt work so now I'm stuck again. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help so far guys.
    There are many threads talking about problems with the Palm update service and a post on the main site - please nose around a bit. In the mean time I most definitely recommend avoiding trying to access/install/update any palm apps until they get it fixed.

"Patience is a virtue, until you get as old as I am". -- oldgeekster
    "So many toys, so little time....."
  14.    #14  
    Yes, to get your apps back -
    go to date and time app. turn off network time. set the month back to april. now you can download all your apps. let us know if it works.
    Glad the doctor worked.
    Yup that did the trick.

Thanks again
    Remember to change your time back after you download the apps you had so that your calender will be right.
    Oh and have fun with preware now that you will finally be able to get it.