1.    #1  
    Anyone have a good idea if the Verizon free 3G mobile hotspot promotion for new subscribers will expire on April 30th or if it will continue into May?

I've asked several Verizon reps and they all keep telling me it's a limited time offer with no end date specified.
    Last edited by Philly8081; 04/29/2010 at 09:02 PM.
    The verizon reps I've spoken to have all told me the deal will not expire as long as you have a palm pre/pixi.
    I ahve it I love it but no NFL
    Free???
    Only if yo consider $29.99 + another $29.99 per month Free!!
    But VZ Dropping the $39.99 per month for the Tethering, while not Free, made it worth my while!! (C:
    The told me toot hat it would last as long as I have Pre, but then then went on to say it is a 'Feature' not a contract item and those can be stopped at their whim. (Like Holidays and the $50/$100 towards new phone)
    Sooo... If they start charging extra for it back goes my Pre!!
    it's not a promotion. It's permanent. If they decide to charge, just use MyTether instead.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 04/29/2010 at 10:35 PM.
    If you bought your Pre Plus or Pixie Plus under the promotion I'm under the impression that the mobile hotspot is part of your contract. Therefore, you'll have free hotspot for the duration of your contract. The promotion may end, but that should not have any impact on your contract.
    So say in 2 years when my contract is due for an update HP/Palm has a new phone out that I want which includes the option for Mobile Hotspot. Do I think it would carry
    over to the new phone?
  8.    #8  
    I was actually looking to see if the promotion would stop being offered to new activations or upgrades after April 30.

I understand that the free hotspot is for at least the contract of the service, if not permanently.

It seems like a mystery when this deal will expire.
    The reps I talked to said they had no idea how long it would last. So it really is anyone guess...
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    Free???
    Only if yo consider $29.99 + another $29.99 per month Free!!
    But VZ Dropping the $39.99 per month for the Tethering, while not Free, made it worth my while!! (C:
    The told me toot hat it would last as long as I have Pre, but then then went on to say it is a 'Feature' not a contract item and those can be stopped at their whim. (Like Holidays and the $50/$100 towards new phone)
    Sooo... If they start charging extra for it back goes my Pre!!
    29.99 is the data plan for the phone, the Hotspot is free. Am I missing something here, Whats the other 29.99? You should only have your Voice price plus the 29.99 Unlimited data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    29.99 is the data plan for the phone, the Hotspot is free. Am I missing something here, Whats the other 29.99? You should only have your Voice price plus the 29.99 Unlimited data.
    You are correct!
    I never found any language stating that the feature is free for duration of contract. However, your contract does state that you may terminate the contract early without penalty if verizon imposes a materially adverse fee increase. Increasing my monthly service of $70 by $40 would certainly be viewed as materially adverse by a reasonable person.
    Thus, I'm not worried about it at least for the next year (1 year contract).
    Try getting the Mobile HotSpot alone for Free! Not going to happen.
    Not Free - Included!! (c: