1.    #1  
    Why does precentral claim that pre has bad hardware? Pre was one of the first(if not the first) cortex a8 based phone on the marked. At the time there were only arm11 devices, and it took months before any android based phone used it(cortex a8 and snapdragon). The battery problem must be software related, because 3GS is using the same SoC.

Please point out any spelling mistakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by asmoma View Post
    Why does precentral claim that pre has bad hardware? Pre was one of the first(if not the first) cortex a8 based phone on the marked. At the time there were only arm11 devices, and it took months before any android based phone used it(cortex a8 and snapdragon). The battery problem must be software related, because 3GS is using the same SoC.

They're talking about the workmanship, not the specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by asmoma View Post

It is only some of the members talking about hardware problems. My pre is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    It is only some of the members talking about hardware problems. My pre is great.
    Have you noticed that there're more than 3000 posts in the Gen Pre Complaint sticky? (More than "some", no?)
    It's just not sturdy is all. And some delicate beings claim the edge of the keyboard is too 'sharp'
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    It's just not sturdy is all. And some delicate beings claim the edge of the keyboard is too 'sharp'
    LoL, yeah, that's a funny one. Heh heh heh heh...
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I agree about the keyboard edge being sharp. I plan to fix that with a dremel soon. I have the same complaint about my netbook. It looks nice, but it isn't comfortable. Probably take a dremel to that as well.

As for sturdy, mine is great. Most people have forgotten what flip phones were like, and how loose they got, how the springs broke, etc. I have more confidence in my slider than I did with any flip phone after my Kyocera/Palm phone (that thing was a tank).

If the slider gets flimsy, I'll just apply a little epoxy, and boom - I've got a pixi!

Other than the keyboard rim being sharp, my only issue is actually that they screen wraps around, so it doesn't sit down in a "frame" like my older palms did. That means it is more exposed to scratches when sliding across a desk, or landing square on the face if/when I drop it.

For that, I got a ZAGG skin, which is almost scratch proof. The zagg I have wraps around the edges of the screen. I don't expect it to keep the phone from shattering if I drop it on the driveway, but it will definitely keep it from being scratched if it slides across the desk or the garage floor, or put it in my pocket with car keys.

And it has a lifetime guaranty, so they will replace it if I ever manage to scratch it. So far, no scratches. I am amazed at how strong the skin is.

... and I have my epoxy ready for any slider issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Have you noticed that there're more than 3000 posts in the Gen Pre Complaint sticky? (More than "some", no?)

and there are over 80,000 registered users (if i did the search correctly lol)...so thats about 1 in every 26 members (or almost 4%)that have a problem with their pre (or at least that post about a problem). and thats assuming that all of those 3000 and something complaint posts were made by completely different people....which i doubt cuz there are several people that i know of that have about 3-4 complaint threads started...i'm sure there are more that i don't know of.

but regarding the op's remark...yeah the build quality isnt the best...i myself have been lucky enough to not have any problems other than a VERY slight oreo effect and lightly cracked screen near the bottom (i'm assuming from constant pressure from opening the slider). but neither of these has affected the overall usability of the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Count the number of unique posters, then we'll talk.
    Can we count the 4 Pre's I have to use because of shotty workmakship?

Yes?

Ok let's at least double the number then.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    Can we count the 4 Pre's I have to use because of shotty workmakship?
    ok ok...fine...8% lol