Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, the one thing I LOVE about this phone are the notifications.

I am notification crazy, Facebook, Tweed, Foursquare, Latitude, weather... I love having those notifications pop up at the bottom.

I cant believe people on OTHER phones actually need to open the app to update their feed.

Is there any news app that has notifications?

I would love to have an app that maybe notifies you of only VERY important news.

Maybe even based on location. So local important news that might affect you gets notified at the bottom.

Say, if there was a tornado near you, or an earthquake or something really important.

If nothing exists...well, I just might look into maybe making it.
    I hear one or two of the rss readers do. But I am unsure as of right now.
    For all it's problems, Palm got WebOS absolutely right!
    Ap mobile
    Oh c'mon guys, it's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings these days.---Fletch
    Uhh, I don't think u'll need a notification on ur phone if an earthquake hits you locally, lol.
  6.    #6  
    lol... yeah I meant more of like important information regarding the earthquake.

Most news about earthquakes isn't just a page that says "EAAARRTTHHHQUAAAKKE!!!!!"

USUALLY, there is more detailed information about relief aid, etc.

One would HOPE.
  7.    #7  
    although a notification that just said EARRTTHHHQUAKKKEE! the second an earthquake hit would be pretty funny.

It could just use the accelerometer though.

Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    although a notification that just said EARRTTHHHQUAKKKEE! the second an earthquake hit would be pretty funny.

It could just use the accelerometer though.

LoL LoL
    I love my notifications, too! Just one question: I can`t seem to find an answer to: When you have more than one notification for an app (e.g. 4 emails in my inbox), is it somehow possible to see a preview of all four of them as part of the notification? I only ever see the most recent notification of that app and whenever I click on it, it just opens the concerning application (e.g. email) straight up.
    Last edited by Menelas; 04/29/2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Good old typos..
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelas View Post
    I love my notifications, too! Just one question: I can`t seem to find an answer to: When you have more than one notification for an app (e.g. 4 emails in my inbox), is it somehow possible to see a preview of all four of them as part of the notification? I only ever see the most recent notification of that app and whenever I click on it, it just opens the concerning application (e.g. email) straight up.
    I think this might be a limitation of how notifications work.

If someone could make a patch that if you tap gesture and the particular app notification it would expand all the notifications from that app to be viewable, it would be great.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    It is an awesome thing, isn't it? Makes me feel so important.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I think this might be a limitation of how notifications work.

If someone could make a patch that if you tap gesture and the particular app notification it would expand all the notifications from that app to be viewable, it would be great.
    I was almost afraid someone would say that. But you're right, a patch for that would be plain awesome!!
    Yahoo alerts can send you text messages - great if you have an unlimited text plan. I get maybe 20 notifications (texts) everyday about hot news. maybe that will feed your addiction a little.

be careful of spoiler texts that tell you who won (sporting event) if you want to watch your recorded event.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelas View Post
    I was almost afraid someone would say that. But you're right, a patch for that would be plain awesome!!
    I posted a patch request. If you want it as well please comment on the request so that it stays in the eyes of all the great devs out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I posted a patch request. If you want it as well please comment on the request so that it stays in the eyes of all the great devs out there.
    Great, thanks for that! I'll go back you up right away. :-)
  16.    #16  
    I installed AP Mobile, turned on the notifications in the Preferences, set it to 15 minutes, and selected 'Local News' as a notification feed, and I'm not getting any notifications!?

What gives? Is there just no news going on locally right now?

Will I have to rob a bank myself just to beta test this app?

PS. Free Palm C40's for everyone if i'm successful. (at robbing the bank)
    I have fallen madly inlove with swiping notifications away. So much, that when I use any other handheld device, I find myself swiping things like an *****.
    notification on webos are, how do you say ... "the $hit"
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    yep, one of my favorite things that I would really miss if I went to another os. I've noticed iphoners either hate or hardly use their notifications while webos gets more and more notification centric apps that can't be done on iphone.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I love webos notifications. Speaking of the iphone, you know how to really irritate a friend with an iphone... Send them texts while they are in the middle of something like playing a game. The alerts completely interrupt whatever they're doing. =)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast