Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    so my phone on the left side of of the screen has discoloration or screen bleeding and it is really bothering me but I'm not sure if I want to take my original pre plus to exchange it out for a refurb that verizon would give me. What do you all think? Also my phone still tends to double type every so often after 1.4.1.1. Thanks in advance!
    dude I would be running to take mine back.. So yes do it
    I don't know... If it's otherwise pretty solid, I'd be hesitant. What if you get one with a worse screen or a worse keyboard? My brand new one has a strange spot towards the center of the screen that when I open a card and it does the "pulsing flash of white" that spot is faintly white and pulses too. It's not super noticeable and it doesn't harm anything so I'm just going to let it go for now. If somewhere down the line it gets worse, extends to another area of the screen, interferes with being able to read text, etc, then I'll look into it. But for now, I'm just going to accept that any one I get is going to have some minor flaw and the question is how minor is too minor. As an aside my new keyboard works much better but the backlight on the keys is weird. It's like some of the keys have a line through them that interrupts the backlight. Again it doesn't hurt anything and the majority of the keys affected are still illuminated just not completely.
    Mine has it at the bottom and the VZ tech told me that 'They' would not consider that a reson for a replacement.
    I'm going back and and will be a Real Pest about getting a new - not rephurbed for that!

(Can they do an full backup/restore though?? I have mine almost perfect!!)
    we put out to much money for or phones to be half azzed
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    it sure is a tough call lol! Still debating because I am for sure scared of getting a worse device! It's just one of those little annoyances that drives me crazy, I'd like my screen to be flawless!
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    we put out to much money for or phones to be half azzed
    While I agree in principle, no phone (or electronic device in general) is going to be "perfect". If you mess with something enough, look closely enough, etc you're going to find a flaw. Now obviously stuff like the keyboard, the screen cracking, and such are a different story. But there will probably always be some minute detail that bugs you. For example, my iPod crashes my computer if I sync it when it has saved photos on it. It also does not like to have the OS updated (I've to restore it twice for two different upgrades). My Storm 2 has all kinds of little niggling issues and has randomly turned itself off for no reason, deleted apps or the app world completely for no reason, etc. My Logitech wireless mouse makes a soft noise when I use the horizontal scroll. I guess my point is you've got to weigh it. If you replace it, there's no guarantee the next one will be perfect and it actually could end up worse.

And even if it looks perfect at first blush, how long will it be before you find something annoying like a scuff here or a weird mark there or this part of the screen looks a little dark. I know this because that's what I do with things and it's just not worth it. I did it with my new car, my new TV, my new phone. At some point you just have to accept that as you use things you are going to A) notice little defects you never saw or B) create little defects just from using it.

I'm not saying don't take back something you're not happy with. By all means if it's a major issue (to you) then take it back, replace it, return it, whatever. But if you're going to run every device you get through a fine toothed comb, you're going to find things that aren't quite right.
    wow what in tha hell are you talkin about. The OP was talkin about a bleeding screen . And you ramble about a storm2 ,and a car ,ipod ....stick to the topic
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    wow what in tha hell are you talkin about. The OP was talkin about a bleeding screen . And you ramble about a storm2 ,and a car ,ipod ....stick to the topic

Because your response there added so much? Why act like a jerk? If you don't want to read it don't read it. But it was definitely more on topic than your personal attack on me. And added more than your "half azzed" comment.
    I had a launch day sprint pre that got the bleeding screen...and just my luck I dropped it a week after the bleed formed so there was a scratch on the corner where the bleed was...sprint said it was abuse or whatever so they wouldn't replace it. I went a month before It just annoyed me too much...so I paid the $100 for a refurb...its a fine phone, but it has power button issues, weird freezing issues where the wave dock gets stuck and a power on and power off fixes it, and I have the usb crack....so I'm just sticking with it til june.
    I would take that refurb so fast and if that one messed up, I'd send it back right away until they gave me one that wasn't a piece of crap. I can deal with scratches, I can deal with a piece of plastic missing from the corner, but a portion of the screen discolored? Yeah, I'm going to need a "new" one.