1.    #1  
    I have searched and cant find any thread that has this problem. When Im talking on my pre I advertantly turn the ringer volume down with my thumb. Has anyone made something to lock the external volume control?
    Quote Originally Posted by speedgraffix View Post
    I have searched and cant find any thread that has this problem. When Im talking on my pre I advertantly turn the ringer volume down with my thumb. Has anyone made something to lock the external volume control?
    I have the same problem... I've missed calls, and don't know how the volume got turned down. Please help somebody!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedgraffix View Post
    I have made this request in several forums. Apparently it can't be done until the microphone and speaker APIs are enhanced in a future WebOS release. I believe this is part of what they talked about in their recent developer conference. Not sure why this wasn't a major priority for WebOS 1.0, but I know they are working on the API to make it possible.

My problem is because I usually am on a headset, and I have to turn the volume down when I'm on a call. Or I turn the ringer down because it can be too loud in some places but vibrate is too quiet... So I've learned to turn it up again after every call...

I compensate for this now by having developed an OCD-like tendency to check my volume lever constantly. My wife thinks I have an addiction to my phone anyway, and this isn't helping...
    Wondering if there are any new developments on this. I always seem to have the volume lowered to nothing without realizing it and miss call because the vibrate is too weak.
    Yea, its quite annoying. I have no idea how the button is that sensitive. Why isnt ever sensitive in Volume Up area?